• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
My backup plan is to keep driving thisšŸ‘‡ for another 2-3 years until everything settles down and I can hopefully get a ~2025 around MSRP.

11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? IMG_8069
Sponsored

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
Sold my FK8 back in July, so I'll keep driving this paid off 2011 Tahoe. Drinks gas but, getting back in a civic will feel amazing after driving this boat. Got a lock on a 5k markup dealer.

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I guess we'll see how much of a zoo those are when they come out šŸ˜…

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Integra Type s
Donā€™t people think getting that will be just as crazy? Iā€™ve noticed a lot of people have said this, as if the Type R will be crazy to get, but instead theyā€™ll get the easier Type Sā€¦ maybe thatā€™s just how I see it?

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Donā€™t people think getting that will be just as crazy? Iā€™ve noticed a lot of people have said this, as if the Type R will be crazy to get, but instead Theyā€™ll get the easier Type Sā€¦ maybe thatā€™s just how I see it?
Could be but if i dont get a CTR its my only backup.

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Sport (sold), 22 BOP Si
I have a deposit at MSRP but I'm 11th in line at my store. Who knows when/if I'll get it, or if I'll get impatient enough and pay a ridiculous markup.

But given I work a Ford dealership now I'm ordering a 7th gen mustang GT as soon as I can.

If the FL5 is here before the mustang, I cancel my order. If the mustang is here first I'll drive it till the FL5 is here.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
My only backup plan is a GR Yaris. Staying in Thailand now with my wife, so itā€™s definitely an option, although an expensive one.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
@Kyofu - I saw a GR86 Premium the other day (the one with the ducktail and 18" wheels) for (I believe) the first time and it looked fantastic. Much more aggressive in person than in photos. The ducktail is mandatory; it looks so good.
Agreed! I'd definitely need the Premium with that ducktail. It's a great looking car, but I'm a Honda fanboy and the CTR would be more practical as a bonus ;)

Donā€™t people think getting that will be just as crazy? Iā€™ve noticed a lot of people have said this, as if the Type R will be crazy to get, but instead theyā€™ll get the easier Type Sā€¦ maybe thatā€™s just how I see it?
I hope ppl realize that the integra type S likely won't be the same as the CTR. All of Acura's other Type S products were more on the warm side than hot.

Personally I expect them to throw in the accord spec 2.0T with it's 10-speed auto and call it a day šŸ„²

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I hope ppl realize that the integra type S likely won't be the same as the CTR. All of Acura's other Type S products were more on the warm side than hot.

Personally I expect them to throw in the accord spec 2.0T with it's 10-speed auto and call it a day šŸ„²
Agreed. And no fender flares either.

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500
I'm not even planning on getting a FL5 until a few years later. My first goal is to get a GRC (Morizo, Circuit, core w/ PP in order of preference). After I get the Corolla then I will think about the FL5.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I'm not even planning on getting a FL5 until a few years later. My first goal is to get a GRC (Morizo, Circuit, core w/ PP in order of preference). After I get the Corolla then I will think about the FL5.
If that interior didnā€™t look like something I rented from Enterprise, everything else seems great, but my picky tastes just canā€™t get past it. When these teasers for the upcoming lifted embargo started coming out, I remembered all over again why I couldnā€™t do it.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
If that interior didnā€™t look like something I rented from Enterprise, everything else seems great, but my picky tastes just canā€™t get past it. When these teasers for the upcoming lifted embargo started coming out, I remembered all over again why I couldnā€™t do it.
If I end up in a GRC, I would 100% need to replace the front seats with proper racing seats, probably upgrade the head unit, and speakers, and find better trim pieces at a minimum lol. Thank god it's expected to be cheaper than the FL5.

For a 2023 car, the inside looks like it's made by Fisher Price. I know JDM isn't about interiors and such, but shit common guys....

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
If I can't get it I will most likely go with an '88 Mustang 4 cylinder.

With the money saved I would consider a '96 Lamborghini Diablo SV in the winter months. Just better weight distribution on snowy days.
Sponsored