• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I think a miata or a GR86 would make a more fun toy honestly. Limits are too high on the other cars to actually have fun in the streets.
Yeah, I would seriously look at an ND2, think they would be a lot of fun.
Sponsored

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Between the Miata and the GR86, I would personally lean towards the GR86. GR86's back seat would be perfect for my Shiba. Both cars are great though.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Between the Miata and the GR86, I would personally lean towards the GR86. GR86's back seat would be perfect for my Shiba. Both cars are great though.
Not sure how I feel about the motor in the GR86, but something about the convertible is probably what drives me towards the Miata.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I would like a convertible more if I didn't get bit by mosquitos taking one step outside.

It was fun riding in my friend's NC Miata when I visited him in California though.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Engines blowing is due to the factory defect, sealant blocking the oil pickup. Should have been fixed.

Engine, as far as I can tell only 1 guy had his motor fail.
While there have been quite a few documented cases of excess RTV (like insane excess) it appears to still be small sample size and all the reports of oil pans dropped have been from early models. I wouldn't let that deter you, it's still a great car. Plus that's why you have warranty.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
all those fake vents and overstyled design that looks outdated already its a put off. if you're gonna spend 60k for a manual coupe might as well spend few grand more and buy the m2.
A few years ago, the M2C could be had for less than a Supra A91. I bought my 2021 M2C for $56k new with exec pack. Granted, this was at the start of COVID before prices really took off. It wasn’t difficult finding dealers who were discounting the M2C by 5-10%.

I’m guessing the new M2 manual will be priced a bit higher than the Supra manual (but more or less in the same price range, depending on options).

If the Morizo is going for close to $60k or beyond, that’s bonkers. Makes the new M2 look like a bargain, even though I don’t want another one.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
For $60k, I'd get an 86 and an ND2. Best of both worlds. Job done.

I would like a convertible more if I didn't get bit by mosquitos taking one step outside.

It was fun riding in my friend's NC Miata when I visited him in California though.
You can't get bit if you're moving! (Says the guy with 2 convertibles lol)

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, JL 392XR, 981S, F430
Anyone consider older used 911? Anyone had both Type R experience and Porsche?
there is actually quite a few on rennlist that have Porsches and have a type R as there daily. It’s a very fun car at least the last generation was. Don’t see this one being any different.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Looks like it could be very nice…front looks very aggressive

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm sure it'll get a detuned Type R motor, around 290hp. Doesn't look to have the brembo and I'm sure it won't have the dual axis front suspension. Honda wouldn't give a Type S the R core parts. Type S getting the left over FK8 muffler?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
That definitely has brembos, all type s models do

it’ll probably be 300hp or so, going to be the same shit as a ctr with a better interior
Sponsored