• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
That definitely has brembos, all type s models do

it’ll probably be 300hp or so, going to be the same shit as a ctr with a better interior
I guess we'll find out when it actually comes out but Honda wouldn't give core Type R components to a S. Either way I have no interest in the Teg, the proportions just look odd.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Anyone else putting a deposit in for a S? Found a dealer willing to take deposit and secure #1 spot. #3 NSX dealership in my region (largest region in canada).

Wonder when it will actually come out lol.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Anyone else putting a deposit in for a S? Found a dealer willing to take deposit and secure #1 spot. #3 NSX dealership in my region (largest region in canada).

Wonder when it will actually come out lol.
I would do it.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
On the one hand, this is awesome to see and it will most likely be my Plan B.

On the other hand, I'm thinking that however many Integra Type S models they are planning to produce, they should move that over to the CTR.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
On the one hand, this is awesome to see and it will most likely be my Plan B.

On the other hand, I'm thinking that however many Integra Type S models they are planning to produce, they should move that over to the CTR.
Acura is sold mainly in USA/CAN it doesn't exist in JAPAN. Type S is made in Ohio. The production of the R and S are exclusive to one another.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
If it’s manual only and FWD I’m not sure I get the point. Just a longer Type R with fancier interior? Manual only seems like a missed opportunity.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
If it’s manual only and FWD I’m not sure I get the point. Just a longer Type R with fancier interior? Manual only seems like a missed opportunity.
More "premium" brand, "better" materials, more "aggressive" exterior design. and possibly different packaging with 10 speed auto (I'm assuming it will come in a auto + manual as option).

Imo there is enough to make it a different product. Acura needs to sell cars somehow... they are getting destroyed in their segment.

Last edited:

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Acura is sold mainly in USA/CAN it doesn't exist in JAPAN. Type S is made in Ohio. The production of the R and S are exclusive to one another.
I was thinking more along the lines of parts commonality and which of those common parts are suffering from supply chain issues. If this point is invalid, then carry on Acura!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I was thinking more along the lines of parts commonality and which of those common parts are suffering from supply chain issues. If this point is invalid, then carry on Acura!
Part wise, I think the regular civic, teggy share pretty much all the same electronics or close to it..I think haha. But I get your point.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Would it even have the same drive terrain and limited slip differential?

what are we missing out here, except the less preferred brand, more weight, no wing and higher cost?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Would it even have the same drive terrain and limited slip differential?

what are we missing out here, except the less preferred brand, more weight, no wing and higher cost?
No idea, might be same might not be TBD.

Wing is expected to be there, just not on the spy test vehicle. Weight will be higher, cost for sure will be more.

This is similiar to the golf R and S3 and SI and A Spec.
Sponsored

Last edited: