• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
S2000 lol. I drove a 135i, didn't like it much. Felt like a cramped 2 door commuter car. Didn't feel special enough for a summer only fun car.

The S2000 though, that's a different experience altogether. You have to drive it to know. It just feels right and special, and has this motorsport quality to it. It's hard to explain.
I lean towards S2000 too. It had aged surprisingly well and if I can get a low mileage and un-abused example of one, I might take that leap
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
It would destroy most and it would be more expensive than most too
since someone brought up how type r is faster than cars twice its price. CT4 Blackwing can be had for about the price of a FL5 with a markup and faster cars 3 times its price.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
since someone brought up how type r is faster than cars twice its price. CT4 Blackwing can be had for about the price of a FL5 with a markup and faster cars 3 times its price.
Straw man after straw man after straw man.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Straw man after straw man after straw man.
For those that don't know what a strawman fallacy is:

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the real subject of the argument was not addressed or refuted, but instead replaced with a false one. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man"

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
It would destroy most and it would be more expensive than most too
The X3 M40i would destroy most sports cars in a similar price range.

$60k new and easily acquired without markup. So basically the price of a CTR, GRC Morizo, lol. It would murder them all in a straight line, consistently.

Not that I care. I’d still choose a CTR at $60k because SUV’s are stupid.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
nobody cares about going fast straight…

a ct4 nor an X5M would be anywhere near a ctr on a real track

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Where? All the ones I see are marked up to like 80-100k. Show me a CT4 Blackwing for $60k…
Cadillac dealers will let you order one with no mark up around here, however it’s currently 9-10 months before the car arrives

already looked into it on a ct4 black wing

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Type S won't get the R bits like wider fenders or dual axis suspension. Head of Type S even said its more for street and the Type R is designed for the track.
We don't know that just yet. I never thought the Integra would come with LSD.
Acura's lazy. I don't see them developing a bespoke powertrain and suspension combo just for the ITS.
It's either going to be 99% FL5 or 99% TLX imo.

pretty sure it matters, if MDX and TLX Type S is their best performance, I dont expect much.
That's the point. The Integra is a lot more "Honda" than TLX or MDX.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
I'm pretty sure nobody here has driven the FL5, yet some people talk like they actually know how it drives and "feels" like.🤔

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Was getting pretty content with the idea of forgetting the FL5 and just keeping the WRX. Then I see this in the lot at work today :fear:

11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? 3E8E4490-0990-4B89-9EAC-4347F35B858F
Sponsored