• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

SGSiSaajan

First Name
Saajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
For the people like me who are itching for even the tiniest bit of info, checking the Canadian website and seeing no mention of the Type R anywhere, annoying their local Honda dealer, I finally got an inkling of info that the cars are actually coming.
Woke up after night shift to an email from my dealership, saying they have confirmation that theyā€™re going to be receiving one Type R, and asking what colour I would want, though thereā€™s no guarantee Iā€™d get that one. They said Iā€™d still have to go through the Canadian online reservation system and ask it be sent to them, but at least I know Hondaā€™s communicating with the dealership and theyā€™ve been allocated one car (hopefully with my name on it).
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
For the people like me who are itching for even the tiniest bit of info, checking the Canadian website and seeing no mention of the Type R anywhere, annoying their local Honda dealer, I finally got an inkling of info that the cars are actually coming.
Woke up after night shift to an email from my dealership, saying they have confirmation that theyā€™re going to be receiving one Type R, and asking what colour I would want, though thereā€™s no guarantee Iā€™d get that one. They said Iā€™d still have to go through the Canadian online reservation system and ask it be sent to them, but at least I know Hondaā€™s communicating with the dealership and theyā€™ve been allocated one car (hopefully with my name on it).
Wait you make a reservation online, and it would be sent to that specific dealership once you select them?

How would you ensure you are selected, choose, given that allocation? And who would provide you access to said system. This sounds like a lotto, and if you are select you choose the dealership you decide to work with no? There is a gap here in how you as an individual get that specific dealerships allocation. Or am I missing something here?

Can you confirm which dealership told you this please?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
It does seem more and more Canadians are getting told about this online Honda Canada specific reservation ordering system that would then assign you a dealership to complete the order with.

But the exact how, when, why and what are still very foggy and unclear to me it seems.

OP
OP
SGSiSaajan

SGSiSaajan

First Name
Saajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
It does seem more and more Canadians are getting told about this online Honda Canada specific reservation ordering system that would then assign you a dealership to complete the order with.

But the exact how, when, why and what are still very foggy and unclear to me it seems.
Youā€™re right, there any a lot more questions than there are answers, which is why Iā€™m pestering my dealership for answers, and why I was so jacked finally get any sort of update from them. Iā€™m checking the Honda website for updates multiple times a day, credit card at the ready. Hopefully one day it has some info, or I get an email telling me I can order mine.

I think weā€™re only going to know how this goes when it finally happens. Giant question mark right now is all we have.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Youā€™re right, there any a lot more questions than there are answers, which is why Iā€™m pestering my dealership for answers, and why I was so jacked finally get any sort of update from them. Iā€™m checking the Honda website for updates multiple times a day, credit card at the ready. Hopefully one day it has some info, or I get an email telling me I can order mine.

I think weā€™re only going to know how this goes when it finally happens. Giant question mark right now is all we have.
Ya, in the same boat. There's clearly some communication that has reached certain dealerships. But the explanation is so God damn piss poor. It's like they either don't know well enough themselves or are just terrrrrrible at communicating what exact Hondas plans, directions or process is.

SMH.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I heard about the online reservation system back in August at a dealership in Scarborough. I didnā€™t bother putting a deposit down since they were already 20+ deposits in. I was told the deposit would be submitted by the dealership on the buyers behalf.

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
I heard about the online reservation system back in August at a dealership in Scarborough. I didnā€™t bother putting a deposit down since they were already 20+ deposits in. I was told the deposit would be submitted by the dealership on the buyers behalf.
This is the same with my dealership. The deposit is to be placed through the ā€œsystemā€ by them when made available.

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
This is the Canadian 'Stripe' system referred to in another thread earlier this year. My dealer also took my credit card number and copy of my ID and entered it into the system back in August. I was advised then that a deposit would only be taken upon an allocation becoming available. Haven't heard anything since....

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 ITS
I only got one dealership to tell me about the stripe system. Every other dealership I worked with, either just did some random shit behind the scenes and charged me for the deposit or actually followed the stripe system requirements on my behalf.

As @RoidRage mentioned, the communication downstream has been really bad hahaha. I hope we get some clearer information and details regarding allocation come November.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I apologize for the pessimism, but I'm losing hope that I'm going to get this car new. Unless you are 1-3 at a dealership in Canada, its going to be hard to get this. I base this on all the conversations I've had so far with numerous dealerships.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Is everyone here Canadian?!
Yep. Still radio silence from my dealer

They didn't tell me about the reservation system either.

Basically they don't know how many cars they will get, or when.

When the first tidbit of info started coming out at the end of August I called and talked to someone (not my guy) that basically said it sounded like based on their sales it might only be a single allocation.

All of that info was recinded / denied the next day. Not sure if the guy was misinformed, or they are trying to prevent speculative guessing.

They have at least one other buyer that had an order for the last gen who apparently may supersede my 1st place spot... so I think they are hoping for 2 so they don't have to tell one of us to get lost.

In any case, still nothing since then. I am not that hopeful, kind of close to giving up.

OP
OP
SGSiSaajan

SGSiSaajan

First Name
Saajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si

They didn't tell me about the reservation system either.

Basically they don't know how many cars they will get, or when.

When the first tidbit of info started coming out at the end of August I called and talked to someone (not my guy) that basically said it sounded like based on their sales it might only be a single allocation.

All of that info was recinded / denied the next day. Not sure if the guy was misinformed, or they are trying to prevent speculative guessing.

They have at least one other buyer that had an order for the last gen who apparently may supersede my 1st place spot... so I think they are hoping for 2 so they don't have to tell one of us to get lost.

In any case, still nothing since then. I am not that hopeful, kind of close to giving up.
Maybe now is a good time to check back in with your dealer? If mine heard theyā€™re getting one car, maybe yours heard how many theyā€™ll be getting?

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

You better pray they get 2 cars, because you're the one who will get screwed. He's been on the waitlist longer for a Type R .....
Sponsored