• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The car arrived today and I will have the following done/installed in short order:

Sprint Performance Air Filter
Wheel Spacers
JDM Alcantara Shift Boot
Cargo Tray
Carbon Fiber Wing Spoiler
Contoured High Wall Carpet Floormats
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Infotainment Screen Protector
XPEL Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film
Exoshield
Ceramic Coating
What spacers are you going to run?

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
Hey all, I personally feel like FL5 wont need any mods to the engine, feels like it's been tuned to perfection. You know items such as bov, cold air intake and such. The only performance mod I might consider is aftermarket exhaust to improve sound (after I hear it in person).

That being said, I am thinking of getting these done asap when and if I get a CTR. Any suggestions or comments?

-New car detail, if required
-Xpel film protection in certain parts
-All weather mats including trunk (tuxmat)
-Tint
-Ceramic Pro? (Not sure how good Honda paint is, need more research)
-Winter rims/Tyres (18in)
-Undercoat yearly with Krown (not gonna go with dealer coating)

Hope to hear some opinions. FYI, I live in Canada by the ocean and they use crap ton of salt on the roads in the winter.
Good ideas all but I would go with really good forged 19” wheels and winter or all season tires!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Late night brain thought I had linked the video 😂

All good, thank you for sharing this. I think I'll still give it a go and report back. Based on the video, the JDM shift boot is able to be installed it just takes a little work. I would like to go OEM or OEM+ with the mods so at this time any other option is off the table for me.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
All good, thank you for sharing this. I think I'll still give it a go and report back. Based on the video, the JDM shift boot is able to be installed it just takes a little work. I would like to go OEM or OEM+ with the mods so at this time any other option is off the table for me.
I'm in the same boat. I'd prefer to go OEM+ and just use the JDM boot so I look forward to hearing how your experience goes.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Hey all, I personally feel like FL5 wont need any mods to the engine, feels like it's been tuned to perfection. You know items such as bov, cold air intake and such. The only performance mod I might consider is aftermarket exhaust to improve sound (after I hear it in person).

That being said, I am thinking of getting these done asap when and if I get a CTR. Any suggestions or comments?

-New car detail, if required
-Xpel film protection in certain parts
-All weather mats including trunk (tuxmat)
-Tint
-Ceramic Pro? (Not sure how good Honda paint is, need more research)
-Winter rims/Tyres (18in)
-Undercoat yearly with Krown (not gonna go with dealer coating)

Hope to hear some opinions. FYI, I live in Canada by the ocean and they use crap ton of salt on the roads in the winter.
Probably going to get a spare mounted in the trunk. Might not be day 1, but I've blown a tire in the FK8 a few times. Definitely hate the useless emergency kit. I do enough driving that I don't feel safe without a full spare.
Saw some mods on the previous gen that let you have a flat trunk and I'm hoping that the same mods will work.
If not just throw in the hatch...lol

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
They're Bose and they are muddy. Mostly Mid-bass trying to pass itself off as depth
No, bose for a stock speaker has plenty of bass for normal listening....

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I just got the illuminated door sills in the mail and man are they cheap. Just some black plastic strips really - very disappointing. For the money I was expecting metal or at least something that felt reasonable quality. For a 1/3rd of the price you can get aluminum OEMs for a Miata.

Not sure if I'm going to put them on... guess I'll mock them up and see what I think.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
I just got the illuminated door sills in the mail and man are they cheap. Just some black plastic strips really - very disappointing. For the money I was expecting metal or at least something that felt reasonable quality. For a 1/3rd of the price you can get aluminum OEMs for a Miata.

Not sure if I'm going to put them on... guess I'll mock them up and see what I think.
Thank you for this. I was debating on getting these but I guess not anymore

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

Thanks for posting this for others' consideration. I was on the fence about picking these up until this past weekend. A forum member was nice enough to send a few photos I requested and a video. They just look low rent and tacky, gimmicky even. After seeing the photos and video, hard pass. I have illuminated door sills on my GT4 and they look great and elevate the interior and the overall experience just enough for it to be worth it. I was expecting similar with the Honda illuminated door sills with no such luck. Just sell them on the forums at a deep discount as I'm sure someone will want them.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
I installed them a few weeks ago and overall they were similar to other honda illuminated door sills. They are all plastic with thin LED's, but there is the metal inlay thats nice. From what I have seen with other cars its really not any worse.

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 543004-A4-11-D4-4707-8-D9-B-9368-E5-AD8103

The porsche ones I see have nice CF inlay but Id expect these to be 4X the honda cost too. Its still all plastic though...

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods DSC07299_454x@2x.progressive

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I installed them a few weeks ago and overall they were similar to other honda illuminated door sills. They are all plastic with thin LED's, but there is the metal inlay thats nice. From what I have seen with other cars its really not any worse.

543004-A4-11-D4-4707-8-D9-B-9368-E5-AD8103.jpg

The porsche ones I see have nice CF inlay but Id expect these to be 4X the honda cost too. Its still all plastic though...

DSC07299_454x@2x.progressive.jpg
There are two door sill guard options for the GT4: carbon fiber and stainless steel. I opted for the stainless steel and they look good. There's no point in comparing pricing because Porsche. Point is: if you're going to do something, do it right. There are other OEM Honda accessories that look fantastic and are worth the price of admission. For example, I received the OEM Honda wing spoiler - carbon fiber yesterday and the quality is superb. Not to mention the red fiber weave is an amazing touch and just works! The carbon fiber weave is just as good as the best carbon fiber pieces I've purchased over the years from other companies (e.g., TECHART, RKP, Akrapovič).

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20230329_153456

OP
OP
katch922

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Wow gt4 ones look slick. I'd look for aftermarket ones, ya those Honda ones look tacky.

If someone find, Id love to know. They don't need to illuminate, I'd be fine with just nice looking sill

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
For $200+ these just don't seem good enough to me. Like I said I can get alloy ones for a Miata for that money, pretty sure the CF ones I had in my NA were less. The plates for the rear doors shouldn't even count towards cost - they literally must cost $5 max to make.

In these pics only the small one has had the plastic film removed. Not sure if I want to install these or wait/look for better. They look OK, I don't hate them and the grain is a perfect match as you'd hope I guess.

Haven't found directions for the lighting part, if it's a PITA I'll probably skip these and wait until I can find some alloy or CF ones.

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG_3586.JPEG

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG_3587.JPEG

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG_3585.JPEG
Sponsored