• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Downpipe Options

Henlin

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Anyone already installed or have a down-pipe they recommend for the 2023 Type R. Couple criteria:

-Needs to be 50 state legal. Especially California.
- Wont throw a code
- Can pass smog just in case
- HP gains
Sponsored

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
You can't modify your car in California. I work for CARB and have recorded your IP address. I will be sending 10 illegal immigrants take temporary residence at your home, and you will be fined an additional $10,000 for your thought crime.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Anyone already installed or have a down-pipe they recommend for the 2023 Type R. Couple criteria:

-Needs to be 50 state legal. Especially California.
- Wont throw a code
- Can pass smog just in case
- HP gains
As per above, you aren't going to find a CARB approved downpipe. The next best thing IMO is the Two Step Performance downpipe. It shouldn't throw a code (I haven't gotten one to date) and it doesn't use a defouler to trick the secondary O2/ECU. As long as you reuse the stock heat shields, it is unlikely anyone would notice and since it doesn't throw a code it SHOULD pass smog fine as long as the tech isn't specifically looking for it. I had to have mine shipped to WA then to me though, just FYI. I got mine in the black finish so it really looks stock under the hood.

As for power gains, you won't see much until you are tuned.

OP
OP
Henlin

Henlin

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
As per above, you aren't going to find a CARB approved downpipe. The next best thing IMO is the Two Step Performance downpipe. It shouldn't throw a code (I haven't gotten one to date) and it doesn't use a defouler to trick the secondary O2/ECU. As long as you reuse the stock heat shields, it is unlikely anyone would notice and since it doesn't throw a code it SHOULD pass smog fine as long as the tech isn't specifically looking for it. I had to have mine shipped to WA then to me though, just FYI. I got mine in the black finish so it really looks stock under the hood.

As for power gains, you won't see much until you are tuned.
Thank you for this. Exactly what I was looking for. I would think Silver Grey one would be less noticeable because it matches with the heat shield than the black one. Do you have an after market exhaust… trying to see if it made any more noise under the hood. Did the turbo spool up faster?

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Thank you for this. Exactly what I was looking for. I would think Silver Grey one would be less noticeable because it matches with the heat shield than the black one. Do you have an after market exhaust… trying to see if it made any more noise under the hood. Did the turbo spool up faster?
Also curious if you noticed improvements in spool time / throttle response.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014

Gridzilla has a pretty good video detailing this downpipe and why he chose it. He also mentioned keeping the "factory" look and heat shield for California residents. He also mentions increase in sound is marginal if at all.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
RV6 throws a code but Hondata has a fix for that.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I have the RV6 and it threw a code about a month into ownership. I bought a 20 dollar OBD2 scanner off Amazon and cleared it. It hasn't came back since.

I'm pretty sure all downpipes have a chance to throw a code, it all depends on the defouler and how far away from the gases it is. If it's too close, you'll get a code. If it's too far, you'll get a code. You can adjust it by turning it in or out. Problem is, it's an elbow "L" type adapter so you can't adjust it while it's bolted in or the defouler will hit the engine block.

I plan on running Hondata (already bought it, just need to get the ECU jailbroken) so I'll just disable the code altogether.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Silver or black, both work, I just thought black matched the factory DP a little more. My opinion on sound won't be relevant since I have a DE5 so different exhaust. It is definitely louder in Sport+ but not at all in comfort. I didn't notice much spool difference, but it does seem to pull harder up top but that might be placebo.

As a note about defoulers, the TSP does not run one. It's not a huge deal, but as in CA they will be scanning for tunes, you need to be able to hit readiness without throwing a code on stock tune. Plus if a tech sees the defouler (unlikely) that's an instant fail.

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tacoma, 2023 Civic Type R
Also curious if you noticed improvements in spool time / throttle response.
I have one; huge improvements in throttle response and spool (Although it may be placebo) But it was the most noticeable improvement over anything else bolt on. My butt dyno approves; and absolutely no codes. I'm not tuned yet, at least no plans until the other 2 major upgrades are done.

I highly recommend the TSP downpipe over anything else.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I picked the TSP downpipe specifically for the "no codes" feature, and that's been true after having it installed for several months without a tune. Like the previous peeps have mentioned, there was a noticeable (but not crazy) increase in power.

Miami_TypeR

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I have one; huge improvements in throttle response and spool (Although it may be placebo) But it was the most noticeable improvement over anything else bolt on. My butt dyno approves; and absolutely no codes. I'm not tuned yet, at least no plans until the other 2 major upgrades are done.

I highly recommend the TSP downpipe over anything else.
What other 2 major upgrades will you be doing before you tune?

TunerR1

First Name
Ge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Tacoma, 2023 Civic Type R
What other 2 major upgrades will you be doing before you tune?
Turbo and Fuel; RV660 Turbo (Maybe the PRL P700- but getting mixed feelings about PRL turbo)

XDi High Pressure Pump, Possibly AEM in-tank pump (been getting mixed reviews on the DW300c Pump) XDi 1400cc injectors. Modify drilled fuel line (I have a pre-drilled new line just waiting to go in) - That is the goal with fuel right now.

TJ83

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R CBP
Anyone have experience with the 27won downpipe? Codes? I don't have emissions testing here where I live luckily. I'm between tsp or 27won at the moment.
Sponsored