• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
I'd probably love it too with all those Canadian features. Most of the things they were raving about we don't get. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That was a great/funny review. Love those guys.
If they had just given the US the digital dash and heated seats I would be all in on the Si. But as it is, will probably wait to see the Integra.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
If missing heated seats and a few gimmicks like a digital dash and shift lights are enough to put you off of what is shaping up to be the best Civic Si ever, an instant classic in the sport compact segment, one of the best and maybe one of the last affordable, internal combustion, manual transmission, driver-focused cars, then I'd say that's your loss. Talk about missing the forest for the trees!

As soon is my Si gets here, I'm putting on a "Heated seats are for wimps" bumper sticker. :D

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
If missing heated seats and a few gimmicks like a digital dash and shift lights are enough to put you off of what is shaping up to be the best Civic Si ever, an instant classic in the sport compact segment, one of the best and maybe one of the last affordable, internal combustion, manual transmission, driver-focused cars, then I'd say that's your loss. Talk about missing the forest for the trees!

As soon is my Si gets here, I'm putting on a "Heated seats are for wimps" bumper sticker. :D
imagine paying 35K for an Si that loses heated seats, Shift light, Dual zone climate, gets a base civic cluster, loses adaptive dampers, loses fog lights, loses temperature gauge and looks like an accord.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
If missing heated seats and a few gimmicks like a digital dash and shift lights are enough to put you off of what is shaping up to be the best Civic Si ever, an instant classic in the sport compact segment, one of the best and maybe one of the last affordable, internal combustion, manual transmission, driver-focused cars, then I'd say that's your loss.
Spoken like a current or future American Honda employee. :cool:

Maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra TRD Sport
imagine paying 35K for an Si that loses heated seats, Shift light, Dual zone climate, gets a base civic cluster, loses adaptive dampers, loses fog lights, loses temperature gauge and looks like an accord.
Well I can buy one at MSRP. The fixed suspension has gotten positive reviews; the shift action is improved; could care less about dual climate control; rev matching has been added; Bose stereo; excellent interior; new adult sleeper look is a plus and drives better than all prior generations. It would be nice to have more of the Canadian features, but the important stuff is there as far as I'm concerned.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
$35k? MSRP is $28,500 including delivery, which is $3000 less than a GTI and $5000 less than a Elantra N. Not to mention the Civic will have far better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, and better resale value than those cars.

As for the missing features:

Heated seats - yes, I admit this sucks
Temp gauge - yeah, a tiny annoyance

Shift lights - silly
Digital speedometer - who cares
Adaptive dampers - gimmick, an engineer's excuse to make normal too soft and sport too harsh. Well tuned suspension doesn't need "modes"
Fog lights - gimmick, I have always had cars with fog lights and never used them, even in fog. All they do is light up the road ten feet in front of you.

But hey I'm not trying to convince anyone, but it is annoying that everyone seems to absolutely love the new Si... except for people on Civic forums!

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
$35k? MSRP is $28,500 including delivery, which is $3000 less than a GTI and $5000 less than a Elantra N. Not to mention the Civic will have far better fuel economy, lower maintenance costs, and better resale value than those cars.

Shift lights - silly
Adaptive dampers - gimmick, an engineer's excuse to make normal too soft and sport too harsh. Well tuned suspension doesn't need "modes"
Fog lights - gimmick, I have always had cars with fog lights and never used them, even in fog. All they do is light up the road ten feet in front of you.

But hey I'm not trying to convince anyone, but it is annoying that everyone seems to absolutely love the new Si... except for people on Civic forums!
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the criminal price mark-ups. Lol.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019

Shift lights - silly

All those features you said “who cares, silly, gimmick” do matter especially if you are paying more for a US version that doesn’t even have them.

so, nope…. Wrong

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Imagine paying $31k+ Tax, Title, License, and other fees for a used 2020 Si that looks like a Civic Sport that was modified by a high schooler. We can cherry pick grievances on both sides. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss the heated seats from my MK7 GTI. However, I found a 2022 Si for MSRP, and am paying less OTD then asking price for all of the 10th gens for sale near me.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)

Shift lights - silly

The 10th Gen adaptive dampers suck. Not soft enough in normal, not stiff enough in sport to help out in Autocross. Give me decent fixed dampers any day over crappy adaptive ones.
Sponsored