• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fitment Advice -18" DD Setup

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Hey Y'all,

I'm looking forward to taking delivery on a CTR in the next few months. Living in the New England area, I'm currently considering getting a daily driver 18" setup to be better suited to my normal day to day use, increase overall ride comfort, and to add some all-season tires that can be run year-round. Looking for some feedback on the fitment of the following wheel options:

option A - 18x8.5 et35

option B - 18x9.5 et45

Which would have better fitment on the new CTR?

In terms of tires, I am currently thinking 265/35/18 either Conti DWS06+ or Michelin Pilot Sport all seasons.

I plan on saving the OEM wheels / tires for potential weekend track sessions / autocross, btw.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Option B with the Michelin Pilot Sport All seasons, +35 might out stick a little too far especially if you decide to lower the car later. General rule of thumb for the FL5/FK8 is 9.5 wide wheel with a +40-+45 offset, anything smaller will have rubbing and fitment issues.

First image is with +45 offset, the second is with +35.

11th Gen Honda Civic Fitment Advice -18" DD Setup fitment1.JPG
11th Gen Honda Civic Fitment Advice -18" DD Setup fitment2.JPG

Last edited:

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Also, 265 is too wide for a 8.5 rim. If you really wanted you could go 245/40/18 on a 8.5 +45 rim and you'd get more sidewall and better MPG, but obviously you're also giving up dry grip and a little steering response.

Last edited:

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I have option b except with a 255/40 18” for a little more sidewall I’m case I tag a pothole.

M!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, GR Yaris, FJ Cruiser, Jimny, NA and ND Miata
Pleasantly surprised at how good the ride quality is in Comfort mode with the stock wheels and tires. For those who have downsized to 18s, would you say the improvement in ride quality is significant?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Significant? Probably not. Decent change and enough to notice? Yes. Also the extra sidewall helps on potholes.

Pleasantly surprised at how good the ride quality is in Comfort mode with the stock wheels and tires. For those who have downsized to 18s, would you say the improvement in ride quality is significant?

OP
OP
CTRifecta

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Thanks all for the replies.

Finding a decent 18x9.5 wheel for our offsets and at a decent price is turning out to be challenging... Any suggestions?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
What’s your budget. Are you looking for winter only. All seasons etc?

Thanks all for the replies.

Finding a decent 18x9.5 wheel for our offsets and at a decent price is turning out to be challenging... Any suggestions?

OP
OP
CTRifecta

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Was hoping to be around 300 per wheel. I'll probably run Michelin pilot all seasons on them 265/35/18.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
One thing with buying a high quality forged wheel in a popular size/finish is you often can sell them used for about 75% of what you paid. So you park a bunch of money in them but get a good portion of it back later.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Coming from a race car Miata to the FL5 the sticker shock on wheels was crazy. I've been looking for a set to put track tires on without spending $2000+ on wheels that i'll likely bend on a curb. These are what I've been looking at. MOTEGI RACING MR145 Traklite 3 Black Painted (tirerack.com) I like the style which is good because when you search Tire Rack for a Type R- 18x9.5" it's the only wheel that comes up.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR