• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

**FL5 Cluster in '24 SI?**

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 SI, 93.5 Toyota Supra
Where it Began:

Got bored and bought some parts from a crashed '23 Civic Type-R. Most likely will sell off most of the parts, but I wanted to try something different. Am I the first to do this? Not sure, but figured why not share with the group. The digital cluster found on the FL5 is a lot nicer than our US spec single digital left gauge (RPM).

Results:

The cluster actually started right up without any issue what so ever. Sadly all the switches for the SI due to a single digital screen are different than the Type-R or even to this matter the Canadian SI's

Note: Active damper system warning did come on since the FL5 does have that system equipped.

Next Steps:

So, what is next? . I purchased a Type-R wheel with switches and I will let everyone know if the actual cluster can be used with those controls.

To be 100% honest, if I found a Canadian Civic Si cluster that would most likely be the best route for our US SPEC Civic Si's. I plan again to sell off all the type-R parts I have collected. This is just something fun for me to do.

Hope you enjoy this small semi-useless thread, but it is always fun to try to new things. Cheers 🍻

2/14/24 - Update:

I was able to order Type-R steering wheel controls, cluster works perfect. I also ordered the type-R mode switch panel, sadly even after reviewing wiring this does "NOT" currently turn the cluster into R-Mode. My guess the functionality is store in the actual radio behind the dash and then uses can bus to send a signal to the cluster. Funny thing is if you look at the wiring it's a single pink wire that goes from the switch to the cluster. When you press *R-Mode* all you're doing it ground the switch. However, after wiring the switch the cluster still never changed. Little bit of a bummer, but I did not expect it to work.

11th Gen Honda Civic **FL5 Cluster in '24 SI?** type r 2
11th Gen Honda Civic **FL5 Cluster in '24 SI?** type r
Sponsored

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Genuinely sorry to hear it didn't work! When I was debating a '23 Si, this was a swap I had in mind.

Did you try/have any luck calling up +R gauges? If so, the DE5 owners around here may find this to be a worthwhile venture.

Also, just out of curiosity... what FL5 parts are you looking to sell?

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
2 things:
-Do the rev lights work?
-How would the control work(or not) because i am assuming wiring harness will be different

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 things:
-Do the rev lights work?
-How would the control work(or not) because i am assuming wiring harness will be different
Here is what I have so far (knowns).

1.) Shift lights work, they go all the way to almost all reds, however the shift buzzer does not sound, maybe is it because I can't get all lights to show up? The two middle red bulbs do not illuminate due to max rev's of the si. I bet if you had a honData and increased rev range ot mathc a type-R it would work!

2.) Adaptive cruise works. In fact,it displays the vehicles in front of you and beside you, not sure if the Canadian SI does this as well, if not cool feature..

3.) RPM + Tach both work.

4.) I need my type-r steering wheel to arrive so I can control the cluster more

5.) Adaptive suspension warning stays on

11th Gen Honda Civic **FL5 Cluster in '24 SI?** Type Rrrrr

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Here is what I have so far (knowns).

1.) Shift lights work, they go all the way to almost all reds, however the shift buzzer does not sound, maybe is it because I can't get all lights to show up? The two middle red bulbs do not illuminate due to max rev's of the si. I bet if you had a honData and increased rev range ot mathc a type-R it would work!

2.) Adaptive cruise works. In fact,it displays the vehicles in front of you and beside you, not sure if the Canadian SI does this as well, if not cool feature..

3.) RPM + Tach both work.

4.) I need my type-r steering wheel to arrive so I can control the cluster more

5.) Adaptive suspension warning stays on

Type Rrrrr.jpg
Time to add the Integra ADS and suspension.

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time to add the Integra ADS and suspension.
Ha, to be honest, I am alright without it. I had a FL5 and now 2 11th gen SI's for a daily, def prefer the suspension on the SI. CTR however, is wonderful for a weekend. I really like the cluster from the FL5, so this is why I am looking at trying to make it function.

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, ‘20 FC4 (sold)
Interesting. If you get bored and want to dive into heated seat conversion for the Si USDM, be sure to tag me. I do like my creature comforts.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Bumping this thread. Thanks for experimenting and answering some questions I had about swapping for the digital gauge cluster.

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping this thread. Thanks for experimenting and answering some questions I had about swapping for the digital gauge cluster.

Not a problem at all. I saw this thread and was like well, lets see if we can get some more information.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Civic Si
Did your car's mileage appear on the FL5 cluster?

Do you know if a new clockspring is needed to accommodate the new steering wheel switches?

OP
OP
Xcelent

Xcelent

Biter's Garage EST. 2018
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did your car's mileage appear on the FL5 cluster?

Do you know if a new clockspring is needed to accommodate the new steering wheel switches?
I was unable to read the mileage no the FL5 cluster, (switches didn't allow me to switch).

You bring up a good point, I hope that the button come down to just CAN-BUS network compatibility. Cruise control worked and such. so we are off to a good start. My wheel was shipped today from California. I hope to have it by the weekend or at least Monday.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Civic Si
I was unable to read the mileage no the FL5 cluster, (switches didn't allow me to switch).

You bring up a good point, I hope that the button come down to just CAN-BUS network compatibility. Cruise control worked and such. so we are off to a good start. My wheel was shipped today from California. I hope to have it by the weekend or at least Monday.
There's a different wiring harness from the wheel to the clockspring (the part number listed was inexpensive) , but I'm not sure if that connects correctly to the clockspring.
Sponsored