• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011)

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Update on P0011:

I took my car to the dealership today and they have ordered a new Valve Assembly (part number: 15830-RPY-G01).

The technician found no issue running the car so I took it home. My only concern is that this part has been back-ordered and it might take months to get to the dealership... XD
20230222_152326.jpg
Finally, the parts came in and they were replaced today.

Will report an update after driving 2,000 miles or so. Hope this stays quiet with the replacement :)
Sponsored

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
my lights just came on for the third time. I want to reset the code but i guess its just best to take it to the dealership and ask them to see if they could order that sensor for me...

fl5sam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
My issue sounds the same and happened to me at 600 miles yesterday. Scheduled for Honda to take look next week. We'll see what the code is.

Emissions check
ACC check
Rev Match check
Lane assist check

Code was p0011. They said it was not an active code so they cleared mines and had me on my way. We'll see how long this last.

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
just wanted to give a quick update. After bringing my car to the dealer the second time for the same code, they are required to call the honda tech line and will require to hold my car there for the full day in hopes that they resolve the issue. I brought up to the service advisor that others on the forum have had the same issue and had their local dealerships order the valve that was aforementioned in this thread. but either way I'm going to have to take the car back in tomorrow and leave it there for the full day to see what the honda tech line has to say.

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
Code was p0011. They said it was not an active code so they cleared mines and had me on my way. We'll see how long this last.
its happened about once a month for me... this is the third time i've had the code and the second time ive brought it to the dealer.

ChinoThaGod

First Name
Christianno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
About a week after I first bought the car (in December) same thing happened to me right after my first fuel fill. Dealership cleared the code since it didn't seem to be any mechanic issues. Everything's been good till today when the dashboard lit up after taking my son to baseball practice. 🤦🏾‍♂️ I'm hoping this won't be a big issue for me man. The difference between this time and the first time for me is that the first time the car was driving limp once the errors were thrown. This time the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is rev match.

Last edited:

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I got the same P0011 code when I tried to get some dessert. At 3K miles, use Auto Rev Match pretty much all the time.

-MIL/CEL is lit
-Brake System light is lit
-Auto Rev Match Problem, Adaptive Cruise Control Problem, Road Departure Mitigation Problem appeared on the right cluster menu

Oil Temperature is not available in LogR when this occurs.

jmf555

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hey guys, I just bought my FL5 last week and after only 100 miles I had the same issue (everything lit up, no oil pressure showing, no rev match, and also not building boost).. After a week there it turned out to be the Honda VTEC Solenoid Spool Valve Control failing. Mine should be fixed this week, but I just wanted to give everyone another case. 🥲👍

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Hey guys, I just bought my FL5 last week and after only 100 miles I had the same issue (everything lit up, no oil pressure showing, no rev match, and also not building boost).. After a week there it turned out to be the Honda VTEC Solenoid Spool Valve Control failing. Mine should be fixed this week, but I just wanted to give everyone another case. 🥲👍
Yup yup ez fix :)

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Got the Emissions CEL today when starting the car the 3rd time (while running a couple of errands). About 1675 miles on the car. I always use premium gas. Initially the brake error light was lit as well, so I turned the car off and back on and the brake error light disappeared. I drove it home and didn’t accelerate hard (as the warning advises). It seems to drive fine. Boost seems normal. It likely has the old solenoid which Honda has apparently updated. Guess I’ll be taking it to the dealership soon. Hopefully, like others here, it’ll be simple :

1. Clear CEL and wait to see if it comes back.
2. If it comes back, get the faulty solenoid replaced with the updated part

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011) IMG_1847

Last edited:

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
This will be one of those issues that requires a healthy number of cases logged into the dealerships for Honda Japan to develop a revised part to completely resolve the problem. I suspect the replacement VTC Oil Control solenoid may still be the same potentially faulty/weak component, if this is even the root cause as I believe its still speculation at this early stage IMO.
Its important that if we come across this problem that we all take it to the dealer and make a decent fuss out of it (ie. get a loan car immediately, demand an immediate booking etc) given the caliber and the age of the vehicles exhibiting this fault. This will draw a greater attention to the problem from Honda Japan so hopefully we get a more permanent solution in the form of a recall/component update.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Im at 9,600 miles without any problem.
New parts will fix your issue. I will report back at 20,000.
Great to hear! I needed some reassurance. Thanks bud🙂
Sponsored