• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 PRL HVI Intake Installed

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
So it will heat up oil temp and water temp wise as much as stock with any tune. Since the heat buildup is gradual but cannot be dissipated quickly enough.

Now on tune difference they will have different cylinder temps depending on the approach taken. That will determine amount of knock and how much timing it will pull.
Fair enough. Thanks for the information.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Fair enough. Thanks for the information.
With cool down laps no issues should be present be it stock or tuned. But highly advise on upgrading the cooling components. And you are welcome!

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23ā€™ Type R
I can confirm that you donā€™t need to buy the $50 coupler guys. PRL customer service told me I needed to buy it in order to use the HVI with their titanium inlet pipe, but thatā€™s not the case. Perfect fit.
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 PRL HVI Intake Installed IMG_2320

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I can confirm that you donā€™t need to buy the $50 coupler guys. PRL customer service told me I needed to buy it in order to use the HVI with their titanium inlet pipe, but thatā€™s not the case. Perfect fit.
IMG_2320.jpeg
I would love to see this in person before I leave Miami.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Wait, what?? You serious? I see the picture lol but why would they say you need it otherwise? Maybe the silicone tubing is slightly larger and fits better with the addon coupler? Something has to be different right?

IMG_2320.jpeg

Miami_TypeR

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Anyone got the instructions for the install of the PRL intake? I got my box in but didnā€™t come with any instructions for the install

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
so do you really not need the coupler as stated above if we have titanium inlet? Anyone else confirm?

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
so do you really not need the coupler as stated above if we have titanium inlet? Anyone else confirm?
It is doable without the couplers, but we made the couplers different lengths for a better fit.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
This is an example of making something work vs doing it right. PRL didn't design extra couplers as a cash grab, it wouldn't be worth the trouble for them. We have had customers report using the "standard hoses" and connecting to the HVI, and then having them come disconnected after driving the car.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I figured as much. I bought the larger ones prl made for it so Iā€™m fine. Was curious how they initially made stock work though if prl had stated otherwise.

This is an example of making something work vs doing it right. PRL didn't design extra couplers as a cash grab, it wouldn't be worth the trouble for them. We have had customers report using the "standard hoses" and connecting to the HVI, and then having them come disconnected after driving the car.
Sponsored