• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
I’m not sure what the original instructions were—or if they even changed—but I think I pulled the fuse and maybe cycled ignition and put it back? It’s possible I did it wrong and it never worked to begin but I didn’t need to put it back because it was still plugged in. I feel like I’m being incredibly dense, here. 😂
Somebody said something like that earlier, putting the fuse back to keep the valve open, and that didn't make sense to me. I pulled the fuse and there's an empty slot in the cover for spare fuses, I put it there.

If you look at the center exhaust pipe, whether the car is on or off the valve should always be open, that's how you know it worked.

FWIW when I say cycle ignition, you don't really have to start the car, just turn it on to acc (ie foot off clutch, press start twice for acc, press again to turn off). Makes figuring it out less strain on the battery, though OPs directions work pretty well.
Sponsored

First Name
Terrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic Si
Okay, thank you for explanation. Mine is closed and center pipe noticeably less sooty than sides so I’ll assume I botched it when I tried to do this a few months ago.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Per the OP, you do have to put the fuse back in as part of step 2. Leave it for a few seconds and you'll hear the valve open. Then you pull the fuse for good.

While the car is off the valve is closed.
1. Pull the Active Exhaust Valve fuse, then turn the ignition on, ignition off.
2. Replace the fuse with the car off and valve should open. Now you can pull the fuse again and you're all set.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Does anyone know exactly what the OEM valve behavior is? Like when does it actually open? Is it RPM based or throttle dependent? Does Comfort/Sport/+R make a difference?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Got my downpipe on this past weekend plus did the valve bypass and I think it sounds good now. Still want it louder but I’ll drive it a while and see. Downpipe definitely bumped the sound up a bit, not a ton but noticeable. After looking at the stock front pipe, that’ll likely be the next step, trouble is some exhaust options have their own design for this so I don’t want to end up limited to only certain types if I chose to do just the frontpipe. Won’t do a slip fit exhaust so that definitely limits options as well.
Have you upgraded your front pipe yet?

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Have you upgraded your front pipe yet?
Not yet, still looking at the exhaust options and not set on one yet. Depending on where I end up there will determine if a frontpipe is needed or not. Not many flanged options out there I like right now…

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thank you for the response.

Do you have any favorites? It can be challenging to ascertain the info I want from a video or audio clip, but I'm not too fond of anything I've encountered. So far, I like best when someone deletes the first resonator and the valve is open.

I'm leaning toward the down pipe and front pipe (from two step, duh) and see what life is like.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for the response.

Do you have any favorites? It can be challenging to ascertain the info I want from a video or audio clip, but I'm not too fond of anything I've encountered. So far, I like best when someone deletes the first resonator and the valve is open.

I'm leaning toward the down pipe and front pipe (from two step, duh) and see what life is like.
I currently love my setup, little louder than stock and for now I’m happy. If I end up going the custom exhaust route I will probably mimic the stock exhaust resonator placements just in a 3 inch version. I do feel the car is starting to choke with my turbo.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I currently love my setup, little louder than stock and for now I’m happy. If I end up going the custom exhaust route I will probably mimic the stock exhaust resonator placements just in a 3 inch version. I do feel the car is starting to choke with my turbo.
What is your set up?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What is your set up?
Downpipe and stock exhaust, cat is invisible though. 😂

I will be sure to record some sound clips for you guys in the near future when I install some of the parts I have at home. Have a laundry list to get through but little energy to do so.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Downpipe and stock exhaust, cat is invisible though. 😂

I will be sure to record some sound clips for you guys in the near future when I install some of the parts I have at home. Have a laundry list to get through but little energy to do so.
RV6?

Dare I say PLM...

Which did make did you go with?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Ahhh okay!

I should pre-order Two step. I just haven't yet.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ahhh okay!

I should pre-order Two step. I just haven't yet.
The two step one is excellent and no CEL’s. Plus you get a bit more tone. Less than a catless but there is still an improvement.
Sponsored