• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Couple more from this morning here…
This is a great look. Are you going to complete the package and swap the side view mirror panels to Boost Blue?

Does anyone know if the Hatch ST side view mirrors are the same as the CTR's?
Sponsored

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Thanks for posting. The wings looks bigger… I like it… not sure I prefer it to black but it does look really nice ! Congrats on the car !

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Might be neat with just the BB on the topside, I think someone posted a 'chop in CW like that.

I dig it, makes it look more OEM and less addon IMO.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
It looks great!! Honestly how it should've been from factory IMO.

I agree, but given the reactions on this forum, ,they made the right choice. Seems that everyone has different preferences, and while i also prefer the matching paint on the wing, i guess they just made it black and left it up to us to do what we wanted -- which included the carbon fibre version.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Just got my spoiler back from the paint shop today. Wasn't a fan of the black, so I had it painted body colored. Apologies for the dirty car - will get some better photos once it's washed up. For anyone wondering how it looks, here you go...
You will surely stand out now -- even among other CTRs ;)

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well, people complained about how big and in your face the FK8 wing was. So, the very toned down, stock, black wing on the FL5 makes a lot of sense. Especially in low lighting conditions, the wing virtually disappears and your eyes can more easily follow the roofline to the back, which was actually Honda’s intent. I read it or saw a video about it a couple of months ago. But yeah, with so many aftermarket options that are sure to appear soon as well as the easy option to simply paint it, I agree, Honda made the right choice to not draw a lot of attention to it this time.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Well, people complained about how big and in your face the FK8 wing was. So, the very toned down, stock, black wing on the FL5 makes a lot of sense. Especially in low lighting conditions, the wing virtually disappears and your eyes can more easily follow the roofline to the back, which was actually Honda’s intent. I read it or saw a video about it a couple of months ago. But yeah, with so many aftermarket options that are sure to appear soon as well as the easy option to simply paint it, I agree, Honda made the right choice to not draw a lot of attention to it this time.
HA! I didn't know the history... great info. :)

I love the wing and normally i would want it to stand out, but i'm a bit paranoid about drawing attention to the car. Even tho the intent may be to see the style of the car, that is my reason. Therefore, i was very happy for the more subtle wing -- yet, that doesn't mean i didn't want the wing... the wing is a BIG attraction for me. it's just convenient that it's more subtle in both color AND form...and with the black, it matches.

Yet, that boost blue matching wing is so hot! the wing on the FL5 is quite special... it has a beautiful form that just stands out when color-matched. It's a work of art. I could never get a bright blue for myself, but if i did, that paint-matched wing would be it.

Last edited:

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
This is a great look. Are you going to complete the package and swap the side view mirror panels to Boost Blue?

that's a good question... I prefer to not see the side-view mirrors unless i'm in traffic and a car is making a move where the signals are on the mirrors. 😁 So, i like the mirrors black to recede on any body. But, how do You all feel about mirror colors? For those who like them to show up... the 2-tone contrast on side mirrors stands out so much that my eye often goes there before i notice the rest of the car. I remember seeing a 2-tone mirror coming down the road before realizing it was an FK8. LOL

OP
OP
FL5 CTR

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
that's a good question... I prefer to not see the side-view mirrors unless i'm in traffic and a car is making a move where the signals are on the mirrors. 😁 So, i like the mirrors black to recede on any body. But, how do You all feel about mirror colors? For those who like them to show up... the 2-tone contrast on side mirrors stands out so much that my eye often goes there before i notice the rest of the car. I remember seeing a 2-tone mirror coming down the road before realizing it was an FK8. LOL
I was mixed on what to do. I thought about taking them in with the spoiler but held off. The antenna wart on the top of the car is still black, and there are a lot of other black accents on the car, including the rear wing risers. So, it’s not like it’s the only black thing on the car. Was planning on living with it as is for now and see how I feel down the road. They’re a smaller detail than the large spoiler, ya know?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Yes they are the same as the Sport Touring

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Thanks for the pics. I'll take any more you feel like taking from different angles, times of day. Looks pretty good!

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Looks decent on BB. I think I like it better than CW. Would never on the RR.