• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
I don’t really like the CF wing.. but hey to each is own… I would love to see an aftermarket wing with less of a bolt on aftermarket style and more of a fk8 style… don’t know if it would be better but I’d love to see it
I agree with you. I saw a HPK spoiler(?) added to a Sport Hatchback on the dealer showroom floor last week that looked awesome. It was the same color blue as shown in this thread on the Type R.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I agree with you. I saw a HPK spoiler(?) added to a Sport Hatchback on the dealer showroom floor last week that looked awesome. It was the same color blue as shown in this thread on the Type R.
If at a dealer, it was likely an HPD spoiler ; Honda Performance Development 🙂

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Im still curious if someone can verify if the HPD spoiler and Type R spoiler have the same mounting point/holes. Would be cool if you could swap the spoiler and technically staying "OEM".

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Looks way better, good call.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Looks great! I’m a big fan of color-matched wings. The white-over-black wing posted earlier looks terrific as well.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Was definitely thinking of doing this, but I may leave it black. I think I would have to do the mirror caps and sharkfin in boost blue too, which is a lot of blue.

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Nice job!!! Thanks for sharing. It's still lipstick on a pig though. The FL5 would look so sexy wingless.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Type R Spoiler Painted Boost Blue 1684899585251

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Nice job!!! Thanks for sharing. It's still lipstick on a pig though. The FL5 would look so sexy wingless.

1684899585251.png
If there was a way to wing delete and not leave holes I would consider it, but I bet it would change the driving dynamics a lot in a negative way.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
If there was a way to wing delete and not leave holes I would consider it, but I bet it would change the driving dynamics a lot in a negative way.
A machinist shop should be able to make flush inserts pretty easily if they have an OEM wing stand to use as a template. You could then get them powder coated/painted to match.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Or swap hatches with a base civic owner who really digs the wing! I assume they are identical.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Just got my spoiler back from the paint shop today. Wasn't a fan of the black, so I had it painted body colored. Apologies for the dirty car - will get some better photos once it's washed up. For anyone wondering how it looks, here you go...

I see you're in Michigan. Which body shop did you take your wing to to get it body colored? I was also thinking about body color matching my rear spoiler.

OP
OP
FL5 CTR

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I see you're in Michigan. Which body shop did you take your wing to to get it body colored? I was also thinking about body color matching my rear spoiler.
I went to Serra Collision in Rochester. I knew a guy there that hooked me up.