• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Okay I have a question.

I paid $66k cnd. out the door for my car. There is only two listed on Auto trader in Canada, both in B.C. As of right now I have a high probability of getting a ‘24 Type R which I intend to trade in my current one for in the money makes sense.

The two car listed are $90k and $82k. If I list my car for $76k and make $10k and put that towards the ‘24 does that make me a douche bag or does that make me smart with my money?
Sponsored

mcharity

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Okay I have a question.

I paid $66k cnd. out the door for my car. There is only two listed on Auto trader in Canada, both in B.C. As of right now I have a high probability of getting a ‘24 Type R which I intend to trade in my current one for in the money makes sense.

The two car listed are $90k and $82k. If I list my car for $76k and make $10k and put that towards the ‘24 does that make me a douche bag or does that make me smart with my money?
Both.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
So, this guy bought it under his business, and he paid 8k over sticker for it so OTD using Florida tax it would come out to about $61k. I guarantee he bought it solely to flip it, so that message about now I will enjoy the masterpiece is all BS.

As much as people hate dealerships, they'd much rather give them the 8k and be the first to fart in the seat than enable this guy
How do you know he paid 8k? When I called that dealership they were saying that the $20k ADM is non negotiable

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
How do you know he paid 8k? When I called that dealership they were saying that the $20k ADM is non negotiable
Manager at my dealership got in touch with a colleague over there.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
The comment about the Elantra N has a good point.
But fanboys will find it absurd.
Nah. As a mechanic, the cars aren't any where near the same league. Hyundai's have been junk forever. No shot I'd buy one as a car to keep long term. I had a POS Elantra blow up on me on a road test recently while cruising down the highway. Luckily, Hyundai has an extended warranty for the engines because of a class action lawsuit. If you plan on getting new cars every few years then sure buy the cheaper Hyundai and know you got a lesser car. But if you plan on keeping it forever then zero chance I'd buy a Hyundai.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Meh what else could he say? He paid cash so he has between $60k to 70k in cash sitting in the car. But he doesn’t “need to sell” so he doesn’t need the cash. So why auction it in the first place?

“Plus it’s not what I do for a Living”… no clue what that means.

“Now I will enjoy my car to the fullest”…dude you paid substantially over MSRP in cash, cash that you said you don’t need. Why are you not enjoying it? You paid the markup just to have it but didn’t plan on enjoying it?

“No matter if it’s a Civic or any other (lower connotation) Car”….dude you supposedly have 60k in cash available for a fun toy. Yet you’re worried about someone saying it’s “only a civic”. That only applies to the price discussion. People seeing you drive around don’t know what you paid.

“Sorry I was MIA with work”…dude you just admitted this is your first auction. You’re putting one of the first FL5’s that you paid $20k over just to have and bought less than 30 days ago up for auction and over the past 7 days not one time did you find time to look at the auction.
He's just saying this stuff to himself to get some sleep at night.

If I sunk and lost more than 30k into a garbage "hope"ium investment, that would keep me up. Best thing is every time he looks at the car, it will remind him of what a dumbass he was and is.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
Nah. As a mechanic, the cars aren't any where near the same league. Hyundai's have been junk forever. No shot I'd buy one as a car to keep long term. I had a POS Elantra blow up on me on a road test recently while cruising down the highway. Luckily, Hyundai has an extended warranty for the engines because of a class action lawsuit. If you plan on getting new cars every few years then sure buy the cheaper Hyundai and know you got a lesser car. But if you plan on keeping it forever then zero chance I'd buy a Hyundai.
Are you aware that the Elantra N like the Type R uses a totally different beefed-up engine?
Those N engines are in general rock solid.

Last edited:

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Are you aware that the Elantra N like the Type R uses a totally different beefed-up engine?
I'd hope they are better than their base engines but the quality that I see on a daily basis from Hyundai doesn't make me want to buy one. If planning to get rid of it before the warranty is up I'm sure they're fun cars, but I wouldn't keep it past that.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
People would've respected it more if he actually held on to it like you said, than try to flip a car with delivery miles on it. Especially when most enthusiasts still haven't even seen the damn thing in person yet.
Having purchased many new vehicles over the last ~55 years and don't ever recall "delivery miles" being in the 125 mile range.

As far as this owner supposedly being a flipper, very difficult to imagine that a flipper would actually pay ~$23,300 over MSRP, put over 100 miles on his new flipper vehicle and expect to turn a profit especially when the present market dictates purchasing a new CTR for less than the reported OTD price of $67,678.95 ?

With respect to people hating dealerships whether it be a Honda/Acura dealership, Blue Oval dealership or any of the other numerous brands, it all comes down to building a long term relationship with a dealership that is willing to work with you and hopefully that dealership would be located close to home.

Can't say enough about the outstanding Honda/Acura/Ford dealerships that I have dealt with over the last many decades as they all have become not only a terrific business partner but also became great friends who went out of their way from both a service, parts and sales standpoint.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Having purchased many new vehicles over the last ~55 years and don't ever recall "delivery miles" being in the 125 mile range.

As far as this owner supposedly being a flipper, very difficult to imagine that a flipper would actually pay ~$23,300 over MSRP, put over 100 miles on his new flipper vehicle and expect to turn a profit especially when the present market dictates purchasing a new CTR for less than the reported OTD price of $67,678.95 ?

With respect to people hating dealerships whether it be a Honda/Acura dealership, Blue Oval dealership or any of the other numerous brands, it all comes down to building a long term relationship with a dealership that is willing to work with you and hopefully that dealership would be located close to home.

Can't say enough about the outstanding Honda/Acura/Ford dealerships that I have dealt with over the last many decades as they all have become not only a terrific business partner but also became great friends who went out of their way from both a service, parts and sales standpoint.

It might not have been the case with you, but many new cars are sold with that range of miles on them as new. He didn't pay 23,000 over MSRP for this car, so I can see why it would be believed that he could get over what he paid for it.

It's great to hear your experience has been great others might not share your sentiment with their respective dealerships. Thankfully the dealership I work for, has no qualms about going above and beyond to maintain a long-term relationship with our clientele.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
It might not have been the case with you, but many new cars are sold with that range of miles on them as new. He didn't pay 23,000 over MSRP for this car, so I can see why it would be believed that he could get over what he paid for it.

It's great to hear your experience has been great others might not share your sentiment with their respective dealerships. Thankfully the dealership I work for, has no qualms about going above and beyond to maintain a long-term relationship with our clientele.
Regarding any brand new Honda/Acura vehicle that is being sold with more than 100 miles on it which supposedly has just "delivery miles" I would walk away immediately and look for another dealership to work with.

Of the ~20 brand new Honda/Acura vehicles that I have purchased over the last couple of decades the majority of them were delivered with less than 15 miles on the odometer let alone the 125 miles as advertised on the 2023 CTR.

Fully understand the ADM on the CTR in question as the ~$23,300 over MSRP that I mentioned was clearly predicated on the reported OTD price of $67,678.95 which is all that really matters.

If the owner of the CTR in question was a flipper, I have to question how much that he/she really knows about the car business/hobby based on purchasing a brand new CTR with 125 miles on it, paying an ADM of ~$8,000 and then paying state sales tax, PDI, admin fees, etc. on top of that?

Many flippers will have a dealers licence which in some cases allows them to not pay State sales tax which obviously is important from a business standpoint.

Also, in the case of purchasing a brand new vehicle and with a flipper having a dealers license, that may also allow them to purchase a brand new vehicle on the MCO/MSO therefore when they go to flip that brand new vehicle to a new customer that purchaser will end up being the original title owner which is important to a great deal of people.

If the individual in question was a flipper, he obviously has a great deal of learning to do when it comes to purchasing a brand new CTR and trying to turn a quick profit on a very desirable vehicle.

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
It doesn't though, its the Theta II engine (G4KH). The N engines are part of the second revision of the Theta engine that first appeared on the 6th gen Sonata and Kia Optima. The block is the same, its just that for the N cars they have a bigger turbo.

The base design is still the Theta II which leads to the reliability problems.
Sponsored