• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FX3D rock guards

heartbeat91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I just used a couple screwdrivers to pry. The OEM clips don't unlock, so they will just break.
But what is the technique you used with 2x screwdrivers? I understand that it will break. But I'm having a hard time even breaking them. Yes, I'm weak lol. Are ya'll still trying to put something under the screw itself, or into those tiny 'divots' in the top that you can put something into? I'm telling you guys, these things are in TIGHT. there is no space between the screw and the fender
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R; 2019 Si (sold)
Small screwdriver under each side of the top part of the clip and twist.

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
Just got mine, and I'm kind of stumped on the step where you need to remove the push type plastic fasteners (front). I have the pry tools but the tool (or a flat-head screwdriver) can't get under neither of the fasteners to pull them out. Any tips here? I'm kind of stuck here. @KhaoS2K
Use the smallest flat head screwdriver you have. Find one of the 2 notches and pry it while rotating your wrist left to right.

As for the pebbles sticking in between the guards, try putting a spacer/washer that is approximately 2mm thick on the lower screw; between the guards and fender liner. This will allow the rocks to fall off.

I'll test out a new design with a tighter hexagonal pattern as suggested.

We now supply alcohol wipes to help with proper tape adhesion.

Appreciate your feedback guys.

Last edited:

heartbeat91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Use the smallest flat head screwdriver you have. Find one of the 2 notches and pry it while rotating your wrist left to right.

As for the pebbles sticking in between the guards, try puting a spacer/washer that is aproximetely 2mm thick on the lower screw; between the guards and fender liner. This will allow the rocks to fall off.

I'll test out a new design with a tighter hexagonal pattern as suggested.

We now supply alcoal wipes to help with proper tape adhesion.
And PPF stripes will also come in the kit in a very near future.

welp, it wasn't easy but i finished after 2 hours. I would've loved some more 3m tapes, honestly I wiped the CRAP out of that area and heated it up before taping but it still felt like it was adhering properly. Since we only get 1 shot with the tapes it felt like there was 0 room for trial and error.

2nd important question, the last bit on the rear guards with drilling into the bottom isn't absolutely necessary right? Hope not, I am not gonna drill anything into the fender liner.

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
welp, it wasn't easy but i finished after 2 hours. I would've loved some more 3m tapes, honestly I wiped the CRAP out of that area and heated it up before taping but it still felt like it was adhering properly. Since we only get 1 shot with the tapes it felt like there was 0 room for trial and error.

2nd important question, the last bit on the rear guards with drilling into the bottom isn't absolutely necessary right? Hope not, I am not gonna drill anything into the fender liner.
Those push pins can be a pain. Soak them in WD40 before trying to take them off, it works surprisingly well.

You shouldn't be using that much tape really, I feel like 12" of tape is plenty for the install. If you follow the guide, taking off the tape's backing is the last step to do once you are satisfied with the positionning.

As for the screw used for the rear guard, It's not mamdatory but there's a reason it's included. The screw is a small #8 screw that is to be drilled into the fender liner. You won't even notice the hole if you ever take them off.

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
And PPF stripes will also come in the kit in a very near future.

I just placed my order last night, how soon is a very near future? Perhaps I can wait to receive it?

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
I just placed my order last night, how soon is a very near future? Perhaps I can wait to receive it?
Depends where you're sitting in the line hehe.
It will most likely ship out on Monday. Keep an eye at your inbox for the confirmation.
Thanks!

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
Depends where you're sitting in the line hehe.
It will most likely ship out on Monday. Keep an eye at your inbox for the confirmation.
Thanks!
I was referring to you saying that you will soon be shipping with PPF strips. I can wait if you will be shipping those soon.

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
I was referring to you saying that you will soon be shipping with PPF strips. I can wait if you will be shipping those soon.
Shoot me an email so I can track your order down.

I have some PPF on hand but haven't had the time to test anything yet.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R; 2019 Si (sold)
As for the pebbles sticking in between the guards, try putting a spacer/washer that is approximately 2mm thick on the lower screw; between the guards and fender liner. This will allow the rocks to fall off.
Definitely going to give this a try as after a short drive last night there was already quite a bit of small gravel accumulated.

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
Hey everyone,
We have now adressed most of the issues based on your feedback:

- Tighter honeycomb pattern
- smaller fully black screw head washers
- Now comes with additionnal spacers for the front lower screw. Helps with some people having issues with gravel accumulation between the guard and fender liner.

11th Gen Honda Civic FX3D rock guards IMG_20240516_000759

Another batch will be available soon on the website.

OP
OP
Yorkman1

Yorkman1

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type-R #170001
man I wish I had some of those spacers and upgrades. Gunna sell a retrofit kit?

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
man I wish I had some of those spacers and upgrades. Gunna sell a retrofit kit?
I mean, I could but it's nothing fancy you can't find at your local hardware store. Shipping cost is what's gonna make it not worth it in the end.

Rubber ose gaskets or plain plastic spacers will be fine as long as the screw can fit through. Stack them up until the spacer is about 4-5mm thick if you have to.

Here's an Amazon link. Double stack those and that'd work just fine.

Amazon rubber washers

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I mean, I could but it's nothing fancy you can't find at your local hardware store. Shipping cost is what's gonna make it not worth it in the end.

Rubber ose gaskets or plain plastic spacers will be fine as long as the screw can fit through. Stack them up until the spacer is about 4-5mm thick if you have to.

Here's an Amazon link. Double stack those and that'd work just fine.

Amazon rubber washers
So if I was to model a washer with 1/4" ID and 1" OD that is 5mm thick and 3D print it from PETG, that should work? And I need one on each lower screw location in front?
EDIT: OOPS - 1" OD (not 1/2")

KhaoS2K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, FL5R
So if I was to model a washer with 1/4" ID and 1" OD that is 5mm thick, that should work? And I need one on each lower screw location in front?
EDIT: OOPS - 1" OD (not 1/2")
Being Canadian, I'm quite bad with imperial measurements lol.
1/4" ID is fine.
OD isn't that important. I'd say between 1/2" and 1" would be ok.
The spacers I designed are 4.5mm thick so slightly more than 1/16" thick.
Sponsored