Sponsored

Honda won’t give me engine data

cyirush

Member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Threads
6
Messages
34
Reaction score
9
Location
Long Beach CA
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise; 1968 MGB; 2016 Nissan Leaf
My ‘25 CTR was stolen last week and recovered.

It’s at the dealer getting inspected.

I asked them to pull the engine data to see if there was a mechanical over rev. They said Honda won’t let them!

I called American Honda and got the same answer.

I want to know how the engine was treated in the 1/2 day the thieves had the car before I sign off on the insurance claim.

Any other options? Could an aftermarket tuner in my area do it?
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

cyirush

Member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Threads
6
Messages
34
Reaction score
9
Location
Long Beach CA
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise; 1968 MGB; 2016 Nissan Leaf
Did some research and looks like the car stores a code if there is an over rev. The dealer said they can pull codes so maybe I don’t need all the engine data.

Still, they should give it to customers.
 

marcusm86

Senior Member
First Name
Marcus
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
242
Reaction score
191
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2025 Civic Type-R
Did some research and looks like the car stores a code if there is an over rev. The dealer said they can pull codes so maybe I don’t need all the engine data.

Still, they should give it to customers.
what "engine data" are you expecting?
 

johnloov

Senior Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
446
Reaction score
495
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
FL5
My ‘25 CTR was stolen last week and recovered.

It’s at the dealer getting inspected.

I asked them to pull the engine data to see if there was a mechanical over rev. They said Honda won’t let them!

I called American Honda and got the same answer.

I want to know how the engine was treated in the 1/2 day the thieves had the car before I sign off on the insurance claim.

Any other options? Could an aftermarket tuner in my area do it?
The engines are basically bullet proof. Wouldn't worry about the over rev. Sorry to hear about the theft.
Sponsored

 
 







Top