• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

In-Car GoPro Mount for Track Days

OP
OP
mmdct

mmdct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR Crystal Black Pearl
First track day with the Gorilla Pod. After I bought it and put it on at the house I really didn't think it was going to work to well. Thought for sure it was going to be too bouncy mounted to the seat. But thankfully the video is pretty damn smooth. Happy with the purchase.
Nice video and excellent driving.

What track is that? Looks very interesting.

What was the ambient temp and what tire pressure did you use?

Which GoPro are you using?

I hope to do the same on April 18 with the Gorilla Pod 3K (slightly larger).

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Nice video and excellent driving.

What track is that? Looks very interesting.

What was the ambient temp and what tire pressure did you use?

Which GoPro are you using?

I hope to do the same on April 18 with the Gorilla Pod 3K (slightly larger).
Thanks! Still a lot to learn about this car and how to drive it well. Ambient temp was in the mid 40s. Filmed using a GoPro 9 (Black i think). The track is Summit Point in West Virginia and it is a ton of fun. A couple of nice straights to feel the power and also has the technical carousel section that really lets you know when you get it right or wrong. Love it there.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
First track day with the Gorilla Pod. After I bought it and put it on at the house I really didn't think it was going to work to well. Thought for sure it was going to be too bouncy mounted to the seat. But thankfully the video is pretty damn smooth. Happy with the purchase.
nice driving. the camera is really steady especially considering how much you're bouncing around in the seat, haha!. I'm trying to picture how this is actually mounted. Do you have a pic of it?

also - what brake setup are you using? happy with them? thanks!

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
nice driving. the camera is really steady especially considering how much you're bouncing around in the seat, haha!. I'm trying to picture how this is actually mounted. Do you have a pic of it?

also - what brake setup are you using? happy with them? thanks!
11th Gen Honda Civic In-Car GoPro Mount for Track Days A17507C4-D798-4154-9B77-867E8A2E1C79
This is how it mounts. Seemed fine for track days but in a rough parking lot for autocross it got a little blurry. Ended up ditching that setup to go to a helmet mounted camera. Lose the view of the shifter but I think it makes for a more fun view. The brakes were stock in that video. I’ve since switched to Hawk ER1 up front and they seem to work good. Here is the view from the helmet

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've seen people just use the gopro suction mount and stick it to the dome light.
Sponsored