• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interior noises - rattles, creaks, squeaks!

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
🙌 Fantastic write up @mujoa, thank you! I commend everyone’s determination to locate and correct these rattles, you gotta have nerves of steel to pull these panels apart 😅

For now, I’ll just keep praying to the car gods that the rattles go away when I press on them lol
Sponsored

simmic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Is the buzzing when I accelerate in the last few seconds of the video the wastegate rattle?

IsaiahGF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2023 Honda Civic Type-R
I am getting a buzzing noise around 3.5K 4K RPMS coming from the headliner right above driver seat. Stops when i press on the headliner and starts again if i let it go. only happens at that RPM. any one else experience this?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I am getting a buzzing noise around 3.5K 4K RPMS coming from the headliner right above driver seat. Stops when i press on the headliner and starts again if i let it go. only happens at that RPM. any one else experience this?
No, but I’ve had this happen in other vehicles where the headliner was simply not clipped in in a couple of spots from the factory. All I did was hit it with my fist in various places and the clips popped-in. There’s no need to hit it hard. They’re just plastic clips that pop into some slots. Give it a try.

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Civic Type R, 2022 Mustang GT CS
I get it occasionally. Sounds like its coming from center near the light, but I can't really isolate it to confirm. However, as I've put more miles on the car it seems like its happening less frequently.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
The car seems to have some pretty high energy vibration go through it in this engine speed range. I'm fortunate not to have any problematic interior rattles yet but the plastic skeleton that hangs from my rearview mirror basically dances a little jig in that RPM range from the vibration coming through to him.

Seems like only a matter of time before that vibration works up some rattles. I've never been bothered much by rattles.. hopefully I can stay that way.

IsaiahGF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2023 Honda Civic Type-R
I tapped the headliner a few times and pushed on the plastic housing behind the rearview mirror and it went away.

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-Rs!
I hear a serious rattle from the front screen or behind the glovebox area... it sucks because i don't want to take my dash apart to mess with it.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Anyone have any rattles from the rear hatch panels? Granted, this only started when I put on a AWE Track exhaust, but that exhaust drones so bad that I’m surprised my entire car isn’t rattling.

Only happens at certain RPM ranges on decel. The hatch light cover is tight, all panels seemed tight. Thinking maybe the subwoofer grill… anyone else have the same issue?

—EDIT—

The rubber things on the rear hatch struts were loose. I rotated them and tightened them, took it for a spin, and no noise. So if you get the loud ass AWE Track and get an awful buzzing from the rear, it’s the little rubber bump stops on the hatch struts.
There's also a common problem with AWE (at least the Touring exhaust) where it can rub up against the heat shield and cause a rattle.

I am currently experiencing a rattle that only happens at a certain RPM/resonance. I thought it was the heat shield but turns out it is coming from inside the Touring muffler. Most likely a broken internal weld. I've contacted AWE, hopefully this will get resolved.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
There's also a common problem with AWE (at least the Touring exhaust) where it can rub up against the heat shield and cause a rattle.
Just out of curiosity, if an exhaust is rattling against the heat shield, am I correct in assuming the heat shield would need to be trimmed back to correct the issue?

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Just out of curiosity, if an exhaust is rattling against the heat shield, am I correct in assuming the heat shield would need to be trimmed back to correct the issue?
Depends which heatshield. If it's the one at the very rear near the muffler, your muffler might be too far back and might need to be moved forward. Not sure about the rear heatshield but the other heatshields can be bent a little bit with a pry bar so it doesn't rub up against the piping.

I guess as a last resort you could either remove the entire heatshield or trim away parts of it.

wrxdev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, FL5 CTR
I hear a serious rattle from the front screen or behind the glovebox area... it sucks because i don't want to take my dash apart to mess with it.
Same here but only on rough roads. On well paved roads with no imperfections, there is no rattle.

mpower

First Name
Y. W. Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FD2
My right side mirror rattles when I close the door. Any fix?

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
My right side mirror rattles when I close the door. Any fix?
My left side mirror does this too and it drives me nuts. If you push on the glass while closing the door the sound goes away

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
My whole dashboard buzzes nearly everyday and sometimes I hit it so hard I almost hurt my hand.
Sponsored