• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester’s Hondata thread

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
The stock turbo does give you that kick in the pants feeling in the low end but after 4k the bigger turbo is putting out more power everywhere. Its not even close.

And you are very welcome! Reach out to me for any tuning needs! It helps the build plus makes you faster win win😂. I will test stuff for you guys.
Even if you aren't interested in making big numbers or upgrading your fuel system, this turbo is still an attractive option, imo.
The power / torque curves are just much more desirable in terms of driving experience than the stock turbo. The power continues to climb significantly through the RPM range, encouraging you to rev the motor out, and the torque curve is surprisingly flat. Eye-balling it, it looks like the drop-off post the peak low-end torque spike occurs at less than half the slope of the stock turbo.

The fuel-line upgrade, MHI stage 2, and a tune looks like a pretty excellent budget build all alone.

What are your impressions re: throttle response? I'm assuming that's really what we're giving up, here.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Even if you aren't interested in making big numbers or upgrading your fuel system, this turbo is still an attractive option, imo.
The power / torque curves are just much more desirable in terms of driving experience than the stock turbo. The power continues to climb significantly through the RPM range, encouraging you to rev the motor out, and the torque curve is surprisingly flat. Eye-balling it, it looks like the drop-off post the peak low-end torque spike occurs at less than half the slope of the stock turbo.

The fuel-line upgrade, MHI stage 2, and a tune looks like a pretty excellent budget build all alone.

What are your impressions re: throttle response? I'm assuming that's really what we're giving up, here.
I agree with that statement. Just that I wan’t people’s expectations to be realistic and that you will leave a lot of power on the table. I think its worth it the car feels great. One little detail is that if you are upgrading the line its worth it to upgrade injectors anyway. You have to take all that stuff out anyway so you would save the work in the long run. But I can absolutely do them on a stock fuel system and just the turbo and it will be fast.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So I have gotten a lot of questions about running the stock turbo on the stock fuel system and about upgraded cams. Sow wanted to clear some things up.

stock fuel system is ok to run the turbo in warmer weather. If you live anywhere where it gets relatively cold you will run out of fuel very quick. So I advise that you still upgrade the fuel system, but you could absolutely do it in steps if it’s a budget thing.

As for cams, yes they are cool and do make power. But for 99% of people out there you don’t need it. Also to tune the cams correctly you will need a dyno. And hours of it and it gets expensive really quick since flashing takes forever. I’m open to test this avenue but when Live tuning becomes available. Not worth it in the current flashing capacity.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is about to be everybody now that you guys are excited about turbo upgrades.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ok so fuel pump is in. Managed to get everything lined up and installed. Initial testing seems like the fuel pump is working great. I am getting some oscillations at the top of the rev range which makes the AFR erratic but not unsafe.

I strongly believe this is because the High pressure line is still stock and the pump is asking for more flow to stay consistent. I will be testing it out this week and report back. But if the oscillations continue upgraded line is the next step. I won’t be able to keep testing with the stock injectors since to me it makes no sense to unbolt everything for the line and not swap out the injectors for effort and time saved.

But from my initial log it looks like it can be just line and upgraded fuel pump and stock injectors will get you close to 450whp no problem.

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s Hondata thread IMG_3372

Last edited:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Still would love it to see if injectors and a line might be a better / cheaper solution vice the HPFP for those looking to save some $$ and are trying to keep the HP at the same levels as the HPFP…
I might be wrong but I would love to hear your thoughts on this :thumbsup: :hmm:

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Still would love it to see if injectors and a line might be a better / cheaper solution vice the HPFP for those looking to save some $$ and are trying to keep the HP at the same levels as the HPFP…
I might be wrong but I would love to hear your thoughts on this :thumbsup: :hmm:
From his last post, seems pump is a bottleneck well before the injectors are. My takeaway was you could probably do just the line if you wanted a bit of headroom and weren't ready to do the pump yet, but that there's no point in doing injectors until you've done the pump.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Actually the stock injectors should be more than enough for around 430-450whp without an issue. The fuel pump is the weakest link. I think the Fuel pump plus line will be a good combo for you guys. But if I’m being transparent. If you are changing the line you might as well do injectors if you are already that deep in the engine.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Actually the stock injectors should be more than enough for around 430-450whp without an issue. The fuel pump is the weakest link. I think the Fuel pump plus line will be a good combo for you guys. But if I’m being transparent. If you are changing the line you might as well do injectors if you are already that deep in the engine.
Are you getting oscillations due to the volume you are pushing? Wondering if the pump behaves better at lower loads? Otherwise, if the pump needs the line, then it's almost 100% stock vs pump / line / injectors.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Are you getting oscillations due to the volume you are pushing? Wondering if the pump behaves better at lower loads? Otherwise, if the pump needs the line, then it's almost 100% stock vs pump / line / injectors.
Yes at low loads also, like I said it depends on the individual. If you want to save some money and not go too crazy you can do fuel pump and line only and be happy. Especially if you do the work yourself. For about $1600 you have tons and tons of fuel.

I personally hate to do things 2 times.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yes at low loads also, like I said it depends on the individual. If you want to save some money and not go too crazy you can do fuel pump and line only and be happy. Especially of you do the work yourself. For about $1600 you have tons and tons of fuel.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Awesome info, keep it coming!

Holy crap the install on the FL5 HPFP looks super easy compared to the last HPFP install I did. On my last HPFP install I had to take out most of the items on one side of the engine, including the intake manifold. I will definitely look into this upgrade in the future.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Awesome info, keep it coming!

Holy crap the install on the FL5 HPFP looks super easy compared to the last HPFP install I did. On my last HPFP install I had to take out most of the items on one side of the engine, including the intake manifold. I will definitely look into this upgrade in the future.
Yes super easy to install! About an hour and the hardest part is lining up the fuel line everything else is super easy.

But fuel line upgrade highly recommended

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here is a little comparison. These 3 are 40-100 mph pulls.
Stock 9.74, tuned the 8.62, big turbo xdi pump tune is not done at 24-25 psi 8.05 it would have been faster if it wasn’t spinning so much lol. Should easily do it in the 7 second range with less spin.

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s Hondata thread IMG_3378
Sponsored

Last edited: