• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R

dpc88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
@SwiftTone

Pete said their district manager visited today and said their district is getting ~10 allocations that will be distributed. I think (read: hope) they will get 3 as I believe that's how many 10th gens they received. We'll see 🤞🏻

dpc88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
I called a couple dealerships in South California and they are saying for the previous CTRs they sold the vehicles at accessories of 4-6k usd with one particular dealership claiming to add a market adjustment of 7.5k usd. Was told some other dealerships are planning to charge 10k over MSRP.

Is there even hope of getting this vehicle just about or less than 5k over MSRP for the upcoming generation?
My local dealership (north Chicago burbs) was upfront about adding a $5k markup.

Blackhalo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GSR
My local dealership (north Chicago burbs) was upfront about adding a $5k markup.
Dealer I called in small town Idaho said $10k over MSRP if they get one...

I'm first on the list for MSRP at a dealer in WY(But he said they got no 10th gen R's). 3rd on the list at another dealer in WY who said they got one a year(10th gen)....

Hope everyone here trying gets one, going to need some luck on our side I think... at least at launch.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Dealer I called in small town Idaho said $10k over MSRP if they get one...

I'm first on the list for MSRP at a dealer in WY(But he said they got no 10th gen R's). 3rd on the list at another dealer in WY who said they got one a year(10th gen)....

Hope everyone here trying gets one, going to need some luck on our side I think... at least at launch.
Try Beurkle in whitebear if you are ok with 3k markup and 1k accessories. They said 2-4. but not sure how many deposits are down now.

Blackhalo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GSR
Try Beurkle in whitebear if you are ok with 3k markup and 1k accessories. They said 2-4. but not sure how many deposits are down now.
Thanks.

Yeah $4k over is a bit much for me(think max I'm OK with is $2k in dealer adds). Surprised there isn't a bigger thread/list on MSRP dealers. Maybe a bit early still.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Thanks.

Yeah $4k over is a bit much for me(think max I'm OK with is $2k in dealer adds). Surprised there isn't a bigger thread/list on MSRP dealers. Maybe a bit early still.
I think folks are hunting. Competition is stiff and most are feeling lucky to be on a list with even a minor markup. Honestly Ive not seem anything like this before.

It feels like the new gen is bringing in the 40+ crowd (including me) who would not buy the previous gen due to the looks or just held off due to the pandemic.

blazspur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
For California its honestly gg. I was living in Southern California at the time when I was looking for a GT350, and this was in early 2020 long before the marks ups became the norm across the country and there were just absolutely insane mark ups on GT350s especially the Heritage Editions. I bought out of state and basically had my brother buy my car for me and put everything in his name.

I do believe once production starts to pick up there will be some listings under 5k ADM but for Socal? Yeah not happening, there's just too much money floating around here unfortunately. Like you, a 5k ADM is my budget so I will be on the hunt for one as well. Imo you should be expecting to travel to get one. I know I am.
Thanks a lot for your perspective. Honestly I don't mind travelling or even buying from some completely different place to have it shipped to me.

However I also read something in this thread that the dealerships are preferring to sell locally so that they can make some money during the service etc. So I thought that the possibility of me purchasing from some different place and having it shipped here was not looking good.

tqsteer

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R (on order), 2001 Mazda Miata.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Sounds interesting but honestly I doubt they'd be able to charge over sticker with the upcoming recession. I would honestly wait, during the 2008 recession cars were selling under MSRP

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Sounds interesting but honestly I doubt they'd be able to charge over sticker with the upcoming recession. I would honestly wait, during the 2008 recession cars were selling under MSRP
I'd love to see that happening, but I could also just see car manufacturers adjust their production of low volume cars (aka CTR) so match their desired low demand, therefore allowing dealerships to keep the mark-ups.

Either way I work in a field that's relatively well sheltered from the market ups and downs and also live in Canada so (typically) no mark-ups other than dealer add-ons. If I can get it below MSRP though... I won't say no ;)

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Any dealer in Canada, as they are not allowed to mark-up. They may sell you 1-2k in options but that ain't so bad. But our volume numbers will be pathetically low, under 500 ?

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Every dealer I've spoken with in Dallas/Ft. Worth has said $5k over won't get it done. More like $10k over. FFS! I'd do $5k over. $10k over can get stuffed!
Sponsored