• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Newbie to the CTR ownership family.

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Performance Honda in Fairfield. Generally it was a very positive experience although they tried a little bit of funny business on some service contracts (i.e. key replacement, ding & dent repair...etc.) that they "threw in" and then tried to hide in the financial contract. I did catch it on the front end, but it is things like that that should remind car buyers to be hyper vigilant when working with car dealerships.
Awesome, got mine from the same dealer. I was checking out your car while picking mine up 😃 the white looks so good in person! Was so tough to choose between that or the SGP. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Awesome, got mine from the same dealer. I was checking out your car while picking mine up 😃 the white looks so good in person! Was so tough to choose between that or the SGP. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am!
The CW was my color of choice although I would have been happy with whatever color they had. I don't know if it's special lighting they have at dearlerships or what, but the new cars on the showroom floor always look fantastic. Enjoy your new ride. it is just killing me not having the car to drive while the PPF is being installed.

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
Post some pics! Congrats

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Congrats. It is a midlife crisis car if your in your 40+, but don't let it dissuade you. Cars that reminisce you of your youth is worth it to you and you alone. I'm in my mid 40s and still shopping for a new cwp within 6k markup.

Post garage pics of it parked, those are more entertaining then the hundreds of stock pics type r's in parking lots. I do envy garage pics of other enthusiasts setups. I will post mine if I ever get one before they're all bought, beat, and reposted in the for sale section for $60k+ after owner adds adm bc they know what they got 🤣

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
You got a fantastic car for your investment. Welcome to the forum and may you have many years of driving thrills with your FL5. Well bought. Possibly the last ICE Type R Honda will make. The tweaks appear to have made a real difference, further refining an already brilliant chassis.

OP
OP

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Just got her back from PFF & ceramic coating. Still less than 100 miles on the clock. Any thoughts on which all weather floor mats look and work well with these cars? I had Weather Tech mats in my Accord and they served me pretty well in preserving my carpets.

11th Gen Honda Civic Newbie to the CTR ownership family. IMG_0008
11th Gen Honda Civic Newbie to the CTR ownership family. IMG_0008

type r fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Just got her back from PFF & ceramic coating. Still less than 100 miles on the clock. Any thoughts on which all weather floor mats look and work well with these cars? I had Weather Tech mats in my Accord and they served me pretty well in preserving my carpets.

IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg
I went with the 3D Kagu mats (https://3dmatsusa.com/collections/hot-sale/products/kagu-floor-liner?variant=42886834159776) and really like them so far. I liked the look better than weather techs and I liked how you can still see some of the red carpets unlike the TuxMats. If you want full coverage and don't care to see any of the red, I'd go with TuxMats

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

IMG_0008.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg
First off, congrats on picking up an FL5 at a great price! Welcome and hope you enjoy your car as much as all the rest of us enjoy ours. The wait on ppf before driving was brutal. I bought mine, drove it some 30 odd miles to the ppf installer and dropped it off. Had to wait a week to go pick it back up. It was worth it though. I've already had it save me from one rock shot out from someone mowing their yard.

I have a set of Lasfit floor mats that I just replaced with some Tuxmats. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in them. Also have the OEM Honda all weather floor mats unused if you're interested in those instead. They're not great as far as floor coverage goes though.

https://www.lasfit.com/products/hon...rd-trim~dz_1st-2nd-row&variant=43000038228215

Last edited:
OP
OP

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
First off, congrats on picking up an FL5 at a great price! Welcome and hope you enjoy your car as much as all the rest of us enjoy ours. The wait on ppf before driving was brutal. I bought mine, drove it some 30 odd miles to the ppf installer and dropped it off. Had to wait a week to go pick it back up. It was worth it though. I've already had it save me from one rock shot out from someone mowing their yard.

I have a set of Lasfit floor mats that I just replaced with some Tuxmats. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in them. Also have the OEM Honda all weather floor mats unused if you're interested in those instead. They're not great as far as floor coverage goes though.

https://www.lasfit.com/products/hon...rd-trim~dz_1st-2nd-row&variant=43000038228215
Thanks for the offer on the Lasfit mats and the kind words, but I went ahead and ordered the Kagu 3D mats. Waiting to get the car back from the PFF install did suck, but was absolutely a must for me as my commute to work is 35 miles (one way) of expressway driving and there is a constant barrage of sand and rocks hitting the front of the car. I fu#ked up and didn't have it done on my Accord ...the front end of that car was a mess of rock chips.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I saw you already ordered, but for the record in case anyone else comes along with the same question...

I ordered the OEM high-wall floor mats as part of my accessories after looking at several options for the following reasons...

1) I never liked the Weather Tech type of mats because the water pools on the mats and stays liquid on there for a long time. If this were a truck or utility vehicle that was going to be constantly subjected to mud, sand, and slush, then those are the mats to have with their rubber-like shield that doesn't absorb water and can be hosed down easily. However, for regular use, i prefer a mat that does soak up the excess water while trapping the dirt and sand so i don't transfer it to other parts of the car or wherever.

2) The OEM high-walls are truly well-designed. The high walls protect the red carpet while allowing the red carpet to show through in areas that wouldn't normally be in contact with our feet. I used those this past winter and they worked great for me. For the amount of snow and mud and slush from just street use, those mats were more than adequate to protect the red carpet.

3) By being OEM, the high-wall carpet-style has the Type R logo automatically (don't have to find an aftermarket logo cover).

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I saw you already ordered, but for the record in case anyone else comes along with the same question...

I ordered the OEM high-wall floor mats as part of my accessories after looking at several options for the following reasons...

1) I never liked the Weather Tech type of mats because the water pools on the mats and stays liquid on there for a long time. If this were a truck or utility vehicle that was going to be constantly subjected to mud, sand, and slush, then those are the mats to have with their rubber-like shield that doesn't absorb water and can be hosed down easily. However, for regular use, i prefer a mat that does soak up the excess water while trapping the dirt and sand so i don't transfer it to other parts of the car or wherever.

2) The OEM high-walls are truly well-designed. The high walls protect the red carpet while allowing the red carpet to show through in areas that wouldn't normally be in contact with our feet. I used those this past winter and they worked great for me. For the amount of snow and mud and slush from just street use, those mats were more than adequate to protect the red carpet.

3) By being OEM, the high-wall carpet-style has the Type R logo automatically (don't have to find an aftermarket logo cover).
+1

This is exactly what I did, and what I do with my cars. And I live in New England with snowy winters. I always thought the rubber all-weather mats in any car sports car make it look awful, FL5 included. BMW had their own, logo on them and all, but still looked awful to me at least. And the regular carpet mats can be washed and replaced if worn after 1-2 years at very low cost.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

+1

This is exactly what I did, and what I do with my cars. And I live in New England with snowy winters. I always thought the rubber all-weather mats in any car sports car make it look awful, FL5 included. BMW had their own, logo on them and all, but still looked awful to me at least. And the regular carpet mats can be washed and replaced if worn after 1-2 years at very low cost.
This and this. I hate all weather floor mats in performance cars. They look awful and don't fit aesthetically, none of them. OEM Contoured High Wall Carpet Floormats for me and when they get ratty, I'll just get another set. I also don't live in an area that sees inclement weather (snow) so that helps in the decision making process.

OP
OP

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
This and this. I hate all weather floor mats in performance cars. They look awful and don't fit aesthetically, none of them. OEM Contoured High Wall Carpet Floormats for me and when they get ratty, I'll just get another set. I also don't live in an area that sees inclement weather (snow) so that helps in the decision making process.
Which PPF brand & film did you go with? Same with ceramic coating. What coat? I had Suntek Ultra PPF installed and am not sure if I’m happy with the clarity.
Xpel PFF and Xpel Fusion Plus ceramic coating. The PFF came with a 10 yr. warranty and the coating 4 years. In hindsight I kind of wish I had also included PFF on the rockers and door cups. Overall I was happy with how the car came out.

Djseto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mazda RX7, 2023 Boost Blue FL5
Thanks for the offer on the Lasfit mats and the kind words, but I went ahead and ordered the Kagu 3D mats.
FYI rockauto sells the Kagu full set for $129 + shipping
Sponsored