• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Noisy Blower Motor

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
Got 4000 miles on my Civic and the blower motor is super frickin' loud. it sounds like a 10 year old fan with bad bearings. Anyone else have noisy blower motors? Didn't think it could fail so soon. I never even use it on high speed. it's louder than the engine inside the car. driving me nuts!
Sponsored

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
No issues in my FL5 but the only time my 2012 Civic went back to the dealer was for a noisy blower motor replacement under warranty. Drove me crazy listening to the squeak.

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
hopefully it's just a leaf rattling around the cabin filter. going to check it before work tonight.

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
so i've been to the dealer twice and it was making noise but barely. they refused to replace it....

gets a LOT louder in colder weather.

guess i just have to live with it for now.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Mines loud and definitely a bearing sounding issue. Noticable on cold mornings when the blower is on defrost and at full blast

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
seems like the noise is changing. i know blower motors bearings are press fit so maybe it just needs to wear in some more. who knows.

pfmusician

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Tiuring
Mice get into my blower and leave acorns in there. It then behaves like a roulette wheel! Makes an awful sound. I often have to remove the cabin air filter and remove the acorns by hand!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Mice get into my blower and leave acorns in there. It then behaves like a roulette wheel! Makes an awful sound. I often have to remove the cabin air filter and remove the acorns by hand!
I did remove the filter and didn't see anything stuck. My previous car had the acorn issue.

pfmusician

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Tiuring
Yea. I’m looking for a solution to this problem. Tried everything. Even soaking the filter and engine with peppermint oil. They keep coming back. I don’t have a garage 🤬. Just about broke my back once removing the blower motor.

OP
OP

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
you should always turn recirculate on before shutting car off. a technician told me that one time that it closes the system so rodents can't get in.

pfmusician

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Tiuring
Thanks. I did see that somewhere else. I will try to remember to do that.
Sponsored