• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New motor oil with some major claims

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I just watched their 30 second YT vid and there's an FK8 or a wannabe FK8 at the end lol

Last edited:

cryptolime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si
it's just Vavolvine. nothing special. try Motul, High Performance Lubricants, Torco, Redline, Amsoil, Klotz, or Maxima.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08' Mitsubishi Evo X, 23' Honda Civic R
Does anyone here run HPL oil in their FL5?

I currently use this on my Evo X (recommended by my tuner), but wondering if anyone runs it in their FL5? Considering doing my own oil changes and i see a lot of suggested brands, but have not seen any mention of HPL. Thoughts on HPL for FL5?

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
Does anyone here run HPL oil in their FL5?

I currently use this on my Evo X (recommended by my tuner), but wondering if anyone runs it in their FL5? Considering doing my own oil changes and i see a lot of suggested brands, but have not seen any mention of HPL. Thoughts on HPL for FL5?
What's your intended use case?

For a primarily street-driven car, you don't need to run some boutique oil with short OCI's. Find an oil that meets the API specs and change it according to the manufacturers maintenance schedule/minder. If you want a ballpark of what your OCI should be or the condition of your oil, you can get a UOA and the lab should be able to direct you from there.

Last edited:

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've entertained the idea of running HPL oil, but I'm just unwilling to run extended OCI so I can't justify the cost of a boutique oil. I'm running PUP on a 5000 mile OCI. I change the oil myself.

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
I'll be interested to see a VOA and see what the BITOG folks have to say about it.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Oil threads are the worst.

I've seen this before. One exists on every automotive forum, I'm sure of it. People chime in with very strong opinions on what's "the best", and people have very strong opinions that anything other than what they use will undoubtedly lead to catastrophic engine failure.

And then the oil nerds start going on about chemistry concepts they very likely don't understand.

Here's my thoughts. Porsche recommends Mobil1 for all their cars, and most users follow that recommendation. I don't see a whole lot of Porsche engine failures.

I'm fine with Mobil1.
Sponsored