• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
2. euhm, the 10th gen also had the start/stop function, like literally any other new car released for the past decade or so :rolleyes1:
Probably not in the US though- us Europeans are used to that kind of eco-BS.

That's why I always hit those two buttons at start :)
11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Revealed! Specs, Info, Pics & Video 1624957880409
Sponsored

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Dang

I forgot Honda threated the Civic very differently on certain aspects depending on the markets.

Curious to see for this gen and the differences

weigle2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Thanks, gtman and Riko. I was hoping I hadn't done enough research about this 'feature', and it turns out you gentlemen proved me right. If it's just hitting a switch, then I'm still on board with the 11th gen Civic. Of course, if I go with the Si, it's not a problem anyway.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
Everything I've read says the SI will only come as a sedan, the Type-R will be the sporty hatch.

Which is extremely disappointing. Manual, sporty hatch options are pretty small in the ~$30,000 price range. I might take a look at the GTI, despite the fact I much prefer this new civic hatch design over any of the Golfs.
Contact Honda and tell them you want an Si HB.

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
This is why I will not buy an XI Honda Civic. " new standard idle-stop system (CVT only)". If this means the engine shuts down at a stop light, then starts up again when it's time to go then it's a deal killer for me. This idea that american cars came up with, is one of the GD stupidest ideas I have ever seen. I'll keep my 10th Gen Civic till it dies. Or maybe, just get a 6spd 2.0 L model. No, I will just keep shopping.
At least it's an easy to access button. Subaru has the turn off feature hidden in touch screen menus

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Has anyone seen the new purple color yet?

spenafon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
The sport went from a 1.5T making ~180 to an NA 2.0 making 158... All we can hope for now is a comeback with the 12th gen ig... I stuck with it for a while after the bland design among other questionable design and engineering choices but this is just sad. Especially considering the fact that the highest horsepower that one makes now is still 180.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Sport still comes with 1.5t but the LX has the 2.0 now according to the list. What really pisses me off is that they went backwards with the infotainment as the Sport and up had the bigger touchscreen for 20 and 21. Now we're right back to 7 inch POS.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Page 1 contradicts itself. It says 2.0 in the wording and then on the list at the lower area where it shows each models specs it says 2.0 for the LX and 1.5t for the rest.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Page 1 contradicts itself. It says 2.0 in the wording and then on the list at the lower area where it shows each models specs it says 2.0 for the LX and 1.5t for the rest.
Thank God, this is great news this makes the sport hatch look A LOT better. Is is possible the LX has a turbo option as well?

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Thank God, this is great news this makes the sport hatch look A LOT better. Is is possible the LX has a turbo option as well?
The original press release was full of errors. Unfortunately the Sport is only available with the 2.0L NA motor. Hondanews.com has revised the model breakdown as follows:

11th Gen Honda Civic Official: 2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Revealed! Specs, Info, Pics & Video Screenshot_20210705-164208_Chrome

Attachments

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Well they're gonna lose a lot of sales for the Sport by going backwards and charging the same.