• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Well they're gonna lose a lot of sales for the Sport by going backwards and charging the same.
Yeah that’s a strange choice, maybe because the Sport doesn’t look much different they figure it won’t be as popular.
Sponsored

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
As of right now, Honda's own website says all the hatches have the turbo. What the hell is going on Honda?
A honda.jpg

As of right now, Honda's own website says all the hatches have the turbo. What the hell is going on Honda?
https://automobiles.honda.com/civic-hatchback/specs-features-trim-comparison
That is for the 2021 10th gen hatch which has been all 1.5t since it came out. For 2022 the engine choices basically mirror the sedan although the sedan has an EX and the hatch has an EX-L. So you have to go to the touring sedan to get leather. The config tool for the 2022 hatch isn't live yet and won't be until it's available for sale.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Yeah that’s a strange choice, maybe because the Sport doesn’t look much different they figure it won’t be as popular.
i doubt that. I suspect that like the Civic Sport sedan, the Sport Hatch will be the best seller. Its a good value. Even with the 2.0L engine.

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Damn, downgrading the Sport from the 1.5t to the 2.0 really sucks. That trim would have been exactly what I wanted, now I'm left in no man's land where there the turbo models are a bit too expensive and include features I don't care about while the more affordable models have the risk of regretsville where I wish I would've gotten the more powerful engine. Instead of upselling me, this almost makes me feel like going with an LX. Even if it's not fast you know you got a bargain with probably the best car you'll find in the low 20s. Once your price tag starts getting into the high 20's you just have so many options.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Damn, downgrading the Sport from the 1.5t to the 2.0 really sucks. That trim would have been exactly what I wanted, now I'm left in no man's land where there the turbo models are a bit too expensive and include features I don't care about while the more affordable models have the risk of regretsville where I wish I would've gotten the more powerful engine. Instead of upselling me, this almost makes me feel like going with an LX. Even if it's not fast you know you got a bargain with probably the best car you'll find in the low 20s. Once your price tag starts getting into the high 20's you just have so many options.
Yeah hatch buyers who don’t want a 10 year old engine have to buy the Touring or Type R. Hopefully it’s a mistake and the Sport has the 1.5T.

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Yeah hatch buyers who don’t want a 10 year old engine have to buy the Touring or Type R. Hopefully it’s a mistake and the Sport has the 1.5T.
Heck the 2.0 feels more like a 20 year old engine considering it’s similarities to the base 2.0 in the base 2001 Acura RSX.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
This whole "Sport" designation for a trim level but with an underpowered engine seems counter-intuitive. I never understood that with the sedan "sport" but at least in the hatch trim the Sport model actually had some substance to support the "sport" label.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
This whole "Sport" designation for a trim level but with an underpowered engine seems counter-intuitive. I never understood that with the sedan "sport" but at least in the hatch trim the Sport model actually had some substance to support the "sport" label.
Because like 90 percent of the sport themed trim levels its about an appearance pkg and not actual performance upgrades. If anything most of these Sport models are slower because they keep the same engines and transmissions are their counterparts but have heavier wheels.

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
They do it so it must be smart but it definitely isn't what I want. Give me the Turbo Engine and Apple Car Play and I'm pretty much good. I don't need power seats, windows, sunroofs, leather, subwoofer, etc. I'll take remote start, keyless entry and push button start but even that is not a necessity to me. I'm also fine with some standard wheels or even steel wheels with covers (I'll upgrade them later anyway).

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
They do it so it must be smart but it definitely isn't what I want. Give me the Turbo Engine and Apple Car Play and I'm pretty much good. I don't need power seats, windows, sunroofs, leather, subwoofer, etc. I'll take remote start, keyless entry and push button start but even that is not a necessity to me. I'm also fine with some standard wheels or even steel wheels with covers (I'll upgrade them later anyway).
Everything you want is on the 20 and 21 Sport.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback

Marrk

First Name
Marrk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
Because like 90 percent of the sport themed trim levels its about an appearance pkg and not actual performance upgrades. If anything most of these Sport models are slower because they keep the same engines and transmissions are their counterparts but have heavier wheels.
Agreed.

As a rule, talking about "Sport" is like playing with Monopoly money. But when you see a Honda in front of you that has "Type R" badging on the back of it, then you're talking about something. Generally speaking.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Canadian Spec:

LX gets the 2.0L NA while the Sport/Sport Tour gets the turbocharged 1.5L. Both engines gets either the new 6MT or the updated CVT

Type R and Si is going to be on sale for the 22/23 year, following the same footsteps/release calendar that happen with the 10th gens
So Canada gets a 1.5T Sport and no Si

US gets a 2.0L Sport and . . . Si? Would explain why they made the ridiculous decision to downgrade the Sport hatch. I give this about 15% probability. More likely Honda is just listening to their accountants and screwing us.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
So Canada gets a 1.5T Sport and no Si

US gets a 2.0L Sport and . . . Si? Would explain why they made the ridiculous decision to downgrade the Sport hatch. I give this about 15% probability. More likely Honda is just listening to their accountants and screwing us.
Si gets released in 2023 but only in the sedan variant
Sponsored