• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Right now no eta 😞

can you share a dealership you know of in the tri-state area that received a CTR (NY, NJ, CT)?
Sponsored

BoostB.FL559

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR
Visualization of TE37SL 18x9.5 +45 5x120 (concave face, flush fitment up to 265/35/18 or 265/40/18 on FL5 Civic Type R.

Formula Silver, White, Blast Bronze

What are your thoughts?

FL5 Civic Type R Champ White TE37SL 18x9.5 Formula Silver.png

TE37SL White FL5 civic type r.png

TE37SL FL5 Blast Bronze.png

Long shot but I guess we won't ever find out if the question never get's asked by anyone lol (if it has I apologize, since I may have missed it). Here goes nothing.

Would it be possible to get this wheel spec in the OG bronze finish or a limited batch of the OG Wheel in this spec if there's enough interest by FL5 owners??? I only ask because FK8 owners had the privilege/opportunity to get them and would be great if we had a shot as well . I really want this wheel myself but I'm just not sure how well Blast bronze and boost blue will go together. Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black (CBP) FK8 Civic Type R,
Long shot but I guess we won't ever find out if the question never get's asked by anyone lol (if it has I apologize, since I may have missed it). Here goes nothing.

Would it be possible to get this wheel spec in the OG bronze finish or a limited batch of the OG Wheel in this spec if there's enough interest by FL5 owners??? I only ask because FK8 owners had the privilege/opportunity to get them and would be great if we had a shot as well . I really want this wheel myself but I'm just not sure how well Blast bronze and boost blue will go together. Thanks in advance...
No more TE37 OG Bronze can be done, let alone TE37 OG. The TE37SL is the final TE37 to utilize the OG mold. However, our TE37 Saga s-Plus models can be done in the OG Bronze (minus the anodized Bronze lip). This is the closest finish to the OG Bronze (aside from the TE37SL Blast bronze). The OG was discontinued late 2018 so there is no way to bring this model back. What many of our clients do is purchase TE37SLs and pair them with OG stickers to emulate the look. However, we understand that Blast Bronze is not a 100% match, so clients are choosing OP1 OG colors on the SLs i.e. Formula Silver etc.

BoostB.FL559

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR
No more TE37 OG Bronze can be done, let alone TE37 OG. The TE37SL is the final TE37 to utilize the OG mold. However, our TE37 Saga s-Plus models can be done in the OG Bronze (minus the anodized Bronze lip). This is the closest finish to the OG Bronze (aside from the TE37SL Blast bronze). The OG was discontinued late 2018 so there is no way to bring this model back. What many of our clients do is purchase TE37SLs and pair them with OG stickers to emulate the look. However, we understand that Blast Bronze is not a 100% match, so clients are choosing OP1 OG colors on the SLs i.e. Formula Silver etc.
understood. Thank you for taking the time.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
understood. Thank you for taking the time.
No worries. We get this question alot. Here is one of our clients rocking the TE37SL (og mold), it's lighter + stronger than the OG! Just a shame it never came in OG Bronze and never will. Boost Blue x Pressed Double Black TE37SL 18x9.5 +45.

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R 1669395022634

Here's a photo of TE37SL in Formula Silver paired with TE37 OG stickers.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More photos:

Our customer Mendie and his FL5 Civic Type R in Championship White, equipped with #systemspec Volk TE37SL 18x9.5 +45 5x120 (concave face), w/ 265/35/18 MP4S, no rubbing + flush fitment. 100% bolt-on affair!

We will have these ready to ship in a plethora of colors this week!

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R 45greJ1

11th Gen Honda Civic Official Wheel Fitment Thread for 11th Gen FL5 Civic Type R ObcEflw

Trunkster

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
@SM, apologies if you have already answered this but will a 265/35/19 tire on a 19 x9.5 +45 wheel fit the FL5? No lowering.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@SM, apologies if you have already answered this but will a 265/35/19 tire on a 19 x9.5 +45 wheel fit the FL5? No lowering.
Yes - it should fit.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would this color pop on boost blue? I really don't want to go white.
We would recommend Pressed graphite or Formula Silver with boost blue.

OP
OP
System Motorsports

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Dream Works Automotive FL5 civic Type R w/ 15mm spacers, which makes this effectively 9.5 +45 offset. Dropped on 1" prototype FK8 springs. This continues to reaffirm the fact that 9.5 +~45 seems to be the golden size when it comes to this new gen Civic Type R. Fitment is flush and does not rub. Plenty of inside clearance as well with the factory fender liner at full lock + suspension.

IMG_6440 2.jpg
Where can I get these spacers???
Sponsored