• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
HOLY COW! Last night an opportunity suddenly and unexpectedly dropped into my lap, and I jumped on it! It was a whirlwind of activity today: driving 2 hours to the dealership, trading in my beloved Audi, and finally dropping off my new Type R at the detailer. I'm still in disbelief that I actually own one, after checking the map every day and thinking I would never be able to find a reasonably priced one near me (California).

Here she is on the dealer's lot right before I drove off. It had taken me a long time to decide on a color, but I ultimately picked Boost Blue and I'm really happy that I was able to find one!

11th Gen Honda Civic Post your FL5 Civic Type R delivery pics! 🙌 📸 20230325_110554

Will post more pics in the Boost Blue thread after PPF and tint are done!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I am starting to notice that many of the main contributors on here are getting/have gotten their cars. Who is left that has been trying really hard but not yet gotten their car?

(when i realized upon delivery that my rep indeed honored our agreement, i asked him about one of you, but he had already taken another deposit)

If you got your car for no/a reasonable ADM, have you asked your dealer if they are willing to take a deposit from one of the people here who have been working really hard to find one?

I am becoming more optimistic that it will work out for the rest of you. fingers crossed (and a lot of vigilance) 😶
Still haven’t gotten one! An AZ dealer I talked to yesterday was asking $78k and were “gracious” enough to knock off $11k after about three minutes of conversation. Ridiculous. I told them that’s still about $17k more than I want to spend. Haha.

Honestly, the longer I wait, the easier the waiting gets. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Still haven’t gotten one! An AZ dealer I talked to yesterday was asking $78k and were “gracious” enough to knock off $11k after about three minutes of conversation. Ridiculous. I told them that’s still about $17k more than I want to spend. Haha.

Honestly, the longer I wait, the easier the waiting gets. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing.
Being in california, you've got it esp rough with the markups. I feel ya.

I had the same experience when a dealer said they had one for 61k but would come down to 58k (before tax, etc). yah, how nice...Not.

I was looking at the MO map and saw that there are icons on there to indicate dealers -- regardless of whether they had/have a car or not. So, that helps to find dealers that may not be too far away even if out of your area and those out in the boonies where people may not be paying as much attention. for anyone who hasn't investigated the dealers who are Not showing cars, i again suggest that you try. And, don't give up on the cars that are sitting there... the person who calls/visits on the day that they realize they have to get the car moved one way or the other is the one who will get the deal.

That's my pep-talk for the day. ;)

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Hey - do any of you know what the timelines are like for dealers sitting on cars? I know some have loans or insurance or some other expenses that affect how long they are able to sit on a car. Is there a timeframe you know of that would help people here?

For instance, is there usually a weekly or monthly or quarterly deadline for a specific car? We all know about quarterly and monthly sales goals... but i'm not talking about goals... i'm talking about how going past a certain number of days or weeks or months may cause a financial penalty for the dealer.

Does anyone know how those work, and if the clock starts ticking the day the car arrives or when people should focus trying back at the dealers where cars have been sitting? thanks!

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Being in california, you've got it esp rough with the markups. I feel ya.

I had the same experience when a dealer said they had one for 61k but would come down to 58k (before tax, etc). yah, how nice...Not.

I was looking at the MO map and saw that there are icons on there to indicate dealers -- regardless of whether they had/have a car or not. So, that helps to find dealers that may not be too far away even if out of your area and those out in the boonies where people may not be paying as much attention. for anyone who hasn't investigated the dealers who are Not showing cars, i again suggest that you try. And, don't give up on the cars that are sitting there... the person who calls/visits on the day that they realize they have to get the car moved one way or the other is the one who will get the deal.

That's my pep-talk for the day. ;)
+1 on not giving up. I got mine even though they told me it was pre-sold. Mentally I had given up on it, but I gave the salesperson my contact info anyway ("just in case"). Turns out the buyer could not qualify financially at the very last step, so I was able to swoop in and grab it. The more lists you are on and the more salespeople you talk to, the more chances you have.

You just gotta get lucky one time :)

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Hey - do any of you know what the timelines are like for dealers sitting on cars? I know some have loans or insurance or some other expenses that affect how long they are able to sit on a car. Is there a timeframe you know of that would help people here?
Calling around is still the best advice, unfortunately.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
HOLY COW! Last night an opportunity suddenly and unexpectedly dropped into my lap, and I jumped on it! It was a whirlwind of activity today: driving 2 hours to the dealership, trading in my beloved Audi, and finally dropping off my new Type R at the detailer. I'm still in disbelief that I actually own one, after checking the map every day and thinking I would never be able to find a reasonably priced one near me (California).

Here she is on the dealer's lot right before I drove off. It had taken me a long time to decide on a color, but I ultimately picked Boost Blue and I'm really happy that I was able to find one!

20230325_110554.jpg

Will post more pics in the Boost Blue thread after PPF and tint are done!
Congrats are in order for you! Seems you've been at it for a while and now it's over. I look forward to seeing pics of the car with PPF and tint! Enjoy it in good health my friend.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Not a lot of black Type Rs in this thread. Here is mine :)
NICE!! It's amazing in black -- all the cool features (badges, brakes, seats) really pop with that black... and the black spoiler looks like it was part of the original package.

CTRfan_boi

First Name
Rish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
NICE!! It's amazing in black -- all the cool features (badges, brakes, seats) really pop with that black... and the black spoiler looks like it was part of the original package.
Thanks mate!! The photos don’t do it justice. I tend to stay away from black cars because it is so difficult keep it clean but, to me, the Type R looks the best in black and so had to get it in that color.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

Hey, @Robert.C -

I PM'd you with a lead someone posted.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Thanks mate!! The photos don’t do it justice. I tend to stay away from black cars because it is so difficult keep it clean but, to me, the Type R looks the best in black and so had to get it in that color.
If I find a black FL5 at a decent price OTD, I'm buying and slapping the green underglow on it. 🤣💚

OahuBrew

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro (Lime), Tacoma TRD Pro (Lime)

You must have been talking with Bell, they wanted 85k to start lol, that's before fees and taxes etc.
From what I see AZ has the biggest thieves around. Even Cali is half the adm to start.