• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rchive- An FL5 ownership journal

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Formula Silver TE37SL en route 18x9.5 +45.
Staying stock suspension for now, probably going to run V730s at 275/35.

If the stock suspension bounce in high speed corners is too much of an issue longterm, I’ll probably move to Ohlins R&T and cancellers. I’ve had great luck with that suspension on Evos.
IMG_5742.jpeg

Had those coilovers on my EVO X. They were butter🔥
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Formula Silver TE37SL en route 18x9.5 +45.
Staying stock suspension for now, probably going to run V730s at 275/35.

If the stock suspension bounce in high speed corners is too much of an issue longterm, I’ll probably move to Ohlins R&T and cancellers. I’ve had great luck with that suspension on Evos.
IMG_5742.jpeg
Had those coilovers on my EVO X. They were butter🔥
I was just about to comment on your post re the use of Öhlins Road & Track coilovers + EDC cancellation. I'm keen to to see if you decide to go in this direction. Doubtful I would consider any other suspension setup for this vehicle and it seems you both agree. I know you're early on in the decisioning process but do you think you'd pair the R&T coilovers with camber and caster plates?

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
I was just about to comment on your post re the use of Öhlins Road & Track coilovers + EDC cancellation. I'm keen to to see if you decide to go in this direction. Doubtful I would consider any other suspension setup for this vehicle and it seems you both agree. I know you're early on in the decisioning process but do you think you'd pair the R&T coilovers with camber and caster plates?
If you plan on tracking your car a lot. Extra adjustability would be good.

OP
OP
Noize

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I’m a realtor. I had a killer year last year, but I’m getting dragged this year because of these super high interest rates.

All that to say, I might just put the wheels in my bedroom closet for a bit, hahaha!

But to answer your question, I think I can get -2 degrees of camber up front with minor lowering, and that will be enough for me.

The R has more than ample caster, and good camber stability in corners, so no plates for me. Both Evo kits from Ohlins include integrated camber plates, but since the R doesn’t, I’ll pass. More cost and harshness. Tracking will be pretty minimal, and it’s a daily + backroads fun car first.

I hate to spend the money on the coilovers and cancellers right now, and am concerned it will probably look stupid with 18s at stock height, even with 275s. But the larger problem than all of that is the bounce in high speed aggressive corners. I drove a back road today that is not in the best state of repair, and I couldn’t keep both front wheels on the ground with the suspension in +R or even in sport in the high speed turns. It has to be in comfort, or it will skip over the pavement in spots. Not ideal.

I need a slam dunk buyer or listing before I commit to Ohlins this summer.:)

OP
OP
Noize

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Dash rattle fix part 2:
Still had a little bit of rattling when driving. It was definitely the bottom of the screen. I think it’s knocked out solidly now.

I’ve had this car a month and had the dash apart more than some cars I had for years and did major audio upgrades, haha. Hopefully it’s done now.

11th Gen Honda Civic Rchive- An FL5 ownership journal IMG_5751

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've took my dash apart three different times today trying to diagnose a rattle coming from the passenger side. I ruled out it being the AC grille assembly by driving around the block with it hanging out and the rattle still happened. I gotta take it out again tomorrow and try more diagnosing.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, this car has some of the trickiest rattles to locate and diagnose. It’s to be expected, but annoying nonetheless. Some rattles are tolerable and some definitely aren’t. I appreciate everyone’s efforts and posting results and pics before I start taking my interior apart. Keep it up! 🙂

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
Extremely impressive write up! Keep them coming!

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
I am not so lucky with my CTR FL5 racing blue. It arrived at deal on the 8th of this month. While they were preparing for delivery one of their workers damaged the windshield rubber protection. It took two weeks to get all the necessary material.

I received the car on the 24th. Today while driving, start appearing the LKAS Indicator (Amber) frequently. When the indicator appeares the steering wheel start shaking. It is a frightening experience

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I am not so lucky with my CTR FL5 racing blue. It arrived at deal on the 8th of this month. While they were preparing for delivery one of their workers damaged the windshield rubber protection. It took two weeks to get all the necessary material.

I received the car on the 24th. Today while driving, start appearing the LKAS Indicator (Amber) frequently. When the indicator appeares the steering wheel start shaking. It is a frightening experience
I don’t understand. The LKAS (Lane Keep Assist System) will shake your steering wheel if you change lanes without signaling. This is normal. Are you saying that the LKAS turns on and shakes your steering wheel randomly?

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
I don’t understand. The LKAS (Lane Keep Assist System) will shake your steering wheel if you change lanes without signaling. This is normal. Are you saying that the LKAS turns on and shakes your steering wheel randomly?
Thanks. Yes, randomly. The LKAS was on. Now i turned the LKAS off and I see what happen.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thanks. Yes, randomly. The LKAS was on. Now i turned the LKAS off and I see what happen.
That sounds dangerous. Take it back to the dealership. They apparently messed up the LKAS sensor/camera when they worked on the damaged windshield part you mentioned before.

OP
OP
Noize

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic Rchive- An FL5 ownership journal IMG_5788
11th Gen Honda Civic Rchive- An FL5 ownership journal IMG_5786

These came in today.
18x9.5 +45 TE37SL concave face in Formula Silver. The quality of the finish is very high, but man they’re a lot darker than I expected them to be.

An exchange through System Motorsports is currently in progress. They went above and beyond to help me get the set I wanted.

Last edited:

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the color. I believe it's a finish that changes a lot based on lighting. Make sure you are viewing it in various lighting and vertical (as it would be mounted on the car) before making a decision to sell.
Sponsored