• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Still coming down from the high of another awesome weekend at the track. This car is just so good for a HPDE. I used individual mode this time with the pedal dance to turn of VSA and the car felt more compliant than last time in +R. To be fair though I didn't run it in +R at all this weekend so I could just be remembering things wrong. This weekend I had on the Hawk ER1 endurance pads up front and the Falken RT660 tires. Both felt great. Tires would overheat about halfway through the session but they seemed to match the coolant/oil temps so a good cool down lap was needed for the entire car. I tried removing the shield under the hood- didn't notice a difference in temps.

This thing is no fuel economy car on track. Filled up Saturday night then drove 10 minutes away to grab dinner. Sunday I did two sessions and on the final lap of the second one it hit fuel cut so hard that it turned the check engine light on and went into some sort of limp mode. Wasn't sure that I could make it back around the track so ended up diving into Pit Out. Note to self- keep it full of gas.

I tried using the 4k feature of the GoPro and for some reason the entire video is darker than I'd like and makes it hard to see the temps on the LogR. So, I didn't bother putting the entire video together and just uploaded the fun first part of the session.

Great driving and thanks for sharing. Impressive to see you push cars that clearly have more power. It was fun watching you keep pace with and ultimately pass what appeared to be a 996 Turbo. Keep up the good work!
Sponsored

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Great driving and thanks for sharing. Impressive to see you push cars that clearly have more power. It was fun watching you keep pace with and ultimately pass what appeared to be a 996 Turbo. Keep up the good work!
Thanks man! This car definitely punches above its weight class!

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Looking good my dude! I'm still trying to find a good time to do some HPDE at Summit too

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Looking good my dude! I'm still trying to find a good time to do some HPDE at Summit too
Thanks homie! No time like the present! Winter will be here before you know it.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
The Porsche driver pointed you right and then closed in on you at the apex right as you were trying to pass. That could have been bad. Kudos for avoiding that!

That run group seemed to have too many cars; that was a crowded track.

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
The Porsche driver pointed you right and then closed in on you at the apex right as you were trying to pass. That could have been bad. Kudos for avoiding that!

That run group seemed to have too many cars; that was a crowded track.
The Porsche driver could have left a little more room but there isn't much grip out in the marbles so I'm fine with getting squeezed a little bit there. As for the traffic, I think this session was the one where they combined TT and Instructors. Decent amount of cars but everybody played nice and traffic wasn't a problem. I wish the GoPro hadn't produced such dark footage or I'd have linked the entire session into one video to show the temps throughout the session. After I got around the white Mazda hatchback I had basically the rest of the session all to myself. Which was fun, but all the passing in the beginning made for a more interesting video.

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Playing around with the LogR app today I realized that my lap times from this past weekend were within .02 seconds of the times back in March. Kinda crazy since it had stickier tires this time but was a lot hotter. Also, the consistency from the best session is pretty remarkable.
11th Gen Honda Civic Yeaitsahonda’s FL5 Ownership Journal 111B0BEC-CBDE-4D04-B3BB-D501233ADAE6
11th Gen Honda Civic Yeaitsahonda’s FL5 Ownership Journal 0B339AC3-6D66-4698-AF4B-1F2FF5939C5F

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Still running 0w20 amsoil ss? If so, are you noticing any pressure drop during the track sessions?

I'm also running amsoil 0w20 ss and wondering if it will be okay for track use in about a month.

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Still running 0w20 amsoil ss? If so, are you noticing any pressure drop during the track sessions?

I'm also running amsoil 0w20 ss and wondering if it will be okay for track use in about a month.
Yea still the Amsoil 0-20. Didn't notice any pressure issues. On the cool down lap it still shows in the 60's. I will likely go to a thicker oil when I change it though. Not sure what yet. I uploaded a full session to youtube with the intention of it giving people the ability to see coolant and oil temps throughout a full session. But for some reason the video gets slightly darkened when posted online and it's hard to see anything on the dash. Video is unlisted because it's just kinda shitty but your welcome to try to look at the gauges if you want. Top left is coolant temp, middle is oil temp, and bottom left is oil pressure.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Thanks! Yeah the video is too dark for me as well.

Given I'm such a novice I think I'm probably okay on 0w20. Also thanks to the +R tach display it's very easy to keep an eye on oil temps and pressure.

If you start seeing too high temps or pressure drop as summer heat ramps up I'd be curious to know.

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
No track time planned but still enjoying the shit out of this car. Went to a local Type R meet last weekend.
11th Gen Honda Civic Yeaitsahonda’s FL5 Ownership Journal 40DB368E-A16C-4F8D-B0BB-B64506319DC8

This morning met up with a buddy and drove into DC for breakfast. Got in and out early enough that we didn’t have to worry about DC traffic.
11th Gen Honda Civic Yeaitsahonda’s FL5 Ownership Journal 41C1E528-92B7-4549-BE5D-227C4530B5E3

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
4400 miles and the maintenance reminder warning came on. Way earlier than my previous 2012 Ex Civic. Hopefully that means the computer takes into account how it’s being driven when calculating oil life. (I didn’t reset the oil life monitor when I switched to Amsoil).

Almost a year of ownership and the car still turns heads pretty much every time I take it out. Here is a pic from Thanksgiving parked next to the 9th gen that I gave my sister. That car has 275k miles on it and still going strong :knocks on wood:
11th Gen Honda Civic Yeaitsahonda’s FL5 Ownership Journal 87254416-8055-4258-B937-6E46982FFF5E

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Enjoyed watching the videos! I'm hoping to get up to Summit Point some time this year. We gotta get you some driving gloves!

OP
OP
yeaitsahonda

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Enjoyed watching the videos! I'm hoping to get up to Summit Point some time this year. We gotta get you some driving gloves!
Glad you liked them! Summit is a ton of fun. I'll be there in March with a Miata and then in April with the Civic. Really wanna make it down to VIR with the Civic but the Miata might get more track time this year. As for the gloves- I just don't like the feeling with the stock leather wheel. I've been eyeing the Alcantara wheel since I got the car though and am thinking I'll pull the trigger in the Spring.
Sponsored