• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rollout of the FL5 and the Big Tease - Decreasing want for this car?

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Multiple launch review cars had the same. Odd how Honda didn't cherry pick the best cars for reviewers.
Ah I must've missed that, none of that was mentioned by, @savagegeese, ThrottleHouse, SmokingTire, Topher, Tedward, Straight Pipes, Gears and Gasoline, Autotrader Canada, TFL or Car Gurus
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Ah I must've missed that, none of that was mentioned by, @savagegeese, ThrottleHouse, SmokingTire, Topher, Tedward, Straight Pipes, Gears and Gasoline, Autotrader Canada, TFL or Car Gurus
I can't remember which one cause I watched a dozen but there were multiple cars with rattles. Dustin Williams being one I believe.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
This is like trying to buy a video card the last gen, I was able to put an order in from an OEM and then had to wait 12mos for it - I could have bought earlier if I was willing to pay a 50-100% markup. I had a card that was good enough so I was patient since the new card wasn't a need.

The thing is... I don't need another car right now - I'd like one, but need? So I'm going to grit my teeth and hope this works out like that dang RTX3080. I've also been a little burned on a first MY car ('16 Miata that blew a trans) so I'll use that to help steel my will.

I have a few other cars I'm considering, in some ways the CTR meets my preferences the least being FWD - but having owned a '99 Si and currently having a '13 Si... I've got a soft spot for Hondas. I'll admit I was a bit sad the ITR was just too much for me to afford back in '99 but glad I had the Si for as long as we did (it was stolen for a fifth and final time in '12) it was a real sweetheart.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
These numbers are just assumptions and you can't forget that the past few years are not gonna be the same as the next two years when it comes to purchases and economic strength. We have no choice but to wait and see what happens. I doubt any car company wants to spend millions and millions on a car that doesn't generate profits.
I'm sure they also have very thorough projections on how many they plan to sell. If this is the last gen ICE Type R for the US, there's no reason for them to not sell as many as possible, especially at a significantly higher MSRP than the last gen.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
might be the last ICE CTR but I bet you anything the Hybrid era CTR will be faster and use hybrid to torque fill eliminating lag all together. Also a hybrid R would be more appropriate with Honda supplying the hybrid era F1 engines. ICE engines in the R isn't going away anytime soon.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
might be the last ICE CTR but I bet you anything the Hybrid era CTR will be faster and use hybrid to torque fill eliminating lag all together. Also a hybrid R would be more appropriate with Honda supplying the hybrid era F1 engines. ICE engines in the R isn't going away anytime soon.
Well sure, but a hybrid CTR is a very different car, and will probably be in a different price bracket and appeal to different customers. The FK8 and FL5 are similar enough that I'm sure they probably had some planning of how the production numbers would affect each other. If they had sold a ton more FK8s they'd probably sell fewer FL5s.

Also, I thought Honda was leaving F1 soon?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Rumors is that Honda wants to return to F1 in 2026 when the new engine regulations begin. Another is Honda purchasing Redbull since Porsche deal fell apart.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
You can't really be mad about the FL5's scarcity when you didn't even try out the competition beforehand. How could you know how much you'd even want an FL5 if don't know how good the other options were?

Depending on what you're actually looking for, if the FL5 really was the only car that scratches your itch (since it is quite unique), then waiting a bit longer for prices to come done wouldn't be a problem.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Anyone else thinks the car looks like an instant classic like the r34 GTR? If only they removed the Civic badge and kept Type R...

I think this will go alongside s2000 as one of the best Honda's ever.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Good post. I just watched a Youtube vid by Vivid Racing where they tuned an Elantra N from the stock 267hp at the wheels to 322whp tuned. They had nothing but nice things to say about it. The EN has jumped to #1 on my list with the CTR bumped down to 2. GR Corolla #3. (I would love to have AWD in ohio winters.) My civic got stuck last year during a sleet storm. That sucked.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Anyone else thinks the car looks like an instant classic like the r34 GTR? If only they removed the Civic badge and kept Type R...

I think this will go alongside s2000 as one of the best Honda's ever.
It will go down as one of the greats for sure.

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Good post. I just watched a Youtube vid by Vivid Racing where they tuned an Elantra N from the stock 267hp at the wheels to 322whp tuned. They had nothing but nice things to say about it. The EN has jumped to #1 on my list with the CTR bumped down to 2. GR Corolla #3. (I would love to have AWD in ohio winters.) My civic got stuck last year during a sleet storm. That sucked.
I want a hot hatch badly. The Civic just looks the best out of all the offerings currently. If I stepped outside of the hot hatch segment then I would say the new Mustang GT or something I can do off-roading in would be my next consideration. Bronco, more than likely.
Sponsored