• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Seat Recall Gone Wrong?

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Gross incompetence! Did you document the seat's condition beforehand with photos? Always a good idea for any service. I'm sorry you have to endure the reconciliation, but it really needs to be brought to their attention. And when you receive the follow-up survey, be sure to provide ample details about their negligence.
Sponsored

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
At this point, knowing the two Type Rā€™s that bad accidents and no issues with their drivers seat frame after impact, I donā€™t even think itā€™s worth it to get this recall if half the cars are getting damaged. Yikes.
I'd still get the recall done regardless. It sucks to have them damaged like this but I'd rather that then have the seat come loose in a car accident and then seeing how much better I fair getting damaged.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Stories like these are why I'm very hesitant to take my recalled but non-squeaking seat in to be tampered with. :banghead:

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Dealers by and large can't be trusted. Get to know your local dealer(s) and the techs who work there. Always request the best tech (by name) to work on your car, and have it written on the work order. I have another shop I trust to do my maintenance, but for any warranty work that may come up, I already know the 2 techs at my local dealer whom I want working on my car.

Jaferm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8(sold), 02 T4R, 05 S2K, 23 FL5
Yep, they acknowledged that it was their fault. Now it's seeing what the best resolution is. They want to try having their body shop work the dent out, but the crease can't be repaired imo. Other resolution has to be another bumper but can't imagine we can source one easily. Not to mention reapplying ppfšŸ„²

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Yep, they acknowledged that it was their fault. Now it's seeing what the best resolution is. They want to try having their body shop work the dent out, but the crease can't be repaired imo. Other resolution has to be another bumper but can't imagine we can source one easily. Not to mention reapplying ppfšŸ„²
Damn I'm so sorry hear that.

My mechanic dented/scratched my side skirt the other day while lifting the car and I just let that one slide and forgot about it. I hope things work out as you expect and settle with reasonable result! Love your optimism :)

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, it has to be frustrating, but at least these parts can be fixed/replaced. Whenever anyone needs a perspective check, go to the ā€œIt was fun while it lasted thread.ā€ Youā€™ll be fine. šŸ™‚

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Stories like these are why I'm very hesitant to take my recalled but non-squeaking seat in to be tampered with. :banghead:
Cancelled my appointment because of these posts. Was supposed to go THU 5/11 but had no squeaks and said f that āœŒ

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
So sorry to hear that. Hope they can pop out the dent somehow. My FL5 has been sitting at the body shop waiting for a front bumper - they are on national backorder with no ETA, so hopefully you don't have to go that route...

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thatā€™s the problem with plastic, especially that spot that got hit. Itā€™s right on a corner. They might be able to pop it out, but I donā€™t think they can get it back to perfect. And in the end, the repair shop would spend so much time and effort trying to fix it (to try to make it look perfect) that itā€™s really not worthwhile. The thing that really sucks is the wait time to get replacement parts. šŸ˜•

Jaferm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8(sold), 02 T4R, 05 S2K, 23 FL5
Thatā€™s the problem with plastic, especially that spot that got hit. Itā€™s right on a corner. They might be able to pop it out, but I donā€™t think they can get it back to perfect. And in the end, the repair shop would spend so much time and effort trying to fix it (to try to make it look perfect) that itā€™s really not worthwhile. The thing that really sucks is the wait time to get replacement parts. šŸ˜•
I 100% agree, I let them know I am very doubtful this will look like it did when I dropped it off, but they at least want their guy to attempt it. I'll be dropping it off next week and see what they think when their guy sees it in person. Not like a bumper can be ordered atm anyway.

SimplyClean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Civic Type R #647
I took mines in Monday. They kept it until Wednesday. They ended up scratching up my steering wheel and had to replace itā€¦now I gotta go back because I discovered scuff marks as well
Sponsored