• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Splash Guards for FL5?

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I would not use this company. I ordered carbon guards for my other car last year and waited 3 months of them promising to send it out every time I reached out. They would not refund my money so I disputed the charge through my CC and eventually got refunded. Not sure how they’re still in business to be honest.
Dang, thanks for the warning.
Sponsored

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Thank you for sharing. I’m going to look into alternatives. It sucks that they aren’t organized enough to handle orders in a reasonable time.
All they have to do is to inform people when they anticipate the next shipment will prob occur, so buyers can be informed. What typically happens with small companies is that they have to wait until they have a certain number of orders before buying their supplies or before going into production due to volume pricing. So, they should be telling customers if that is their practice... or whatever it is that is stalling people's orders.

I have bought from companies who are clear about that process . It can be a long wait, but at least i got to choose to buy based on that knowledge, plus i got a reasonable estimate as to what the wait would be. Even if it's worth the wait, sometimes we need an interim solution.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
All they have to do is to inform people when they anticipate the next shipment will prob occur, so buyers can be informed. What typically happens with small companies is that they have to wait until they have a certain number of orders before buying their supplies or before going into production due to volume pricing. So, they should be telling customers if that is their practice... or whatever it is that is stalling people's orders.

I have bought from companies who are clear about that process . It can be a long wait, but at least i got to choose to buy based on that knowledge, plus i got a reasonable estimate as to what the wait would be. Even if it's worth the wait, sometimes we need an interim solution.
They would send me images of batches of guards they were making that week and promise that I was in the batch every time I reached out. Not only were they dragging their feet with my order, they blatantly lied to me over and over. To be honest, I’m surprised to hear it’s not a scam company given the experience I had.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
They would send me images of batches of guards they were making that week and promise that I was in the batch every time I reached out. Not only were they dragging their feet with my order, they blatantly lied to me over and over. To be honest, I’m surprised to hear it’s not a scam company given the experience I had.

Yah, that goes FAR beyond lack of organization -- which is what @CTR was assuming, and what seemed likely to me. The fact that they were promising that you would be in the next batch each time and then no delivery... very suspect. :(

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
I had a similar experience with ArchGuards UK. I eventually recieved the product, but it has since flaked out and broke off at the rears during a normal, gentle wash. They appear to be gone like their shit product.

Last edited:

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Anyone want to be awesome and share the dimensions of the stencil they used?
I didn't use one and cut the mesh directly, but my mesh was 9 inch on length and 2.5 inch on width. It was 10 inch in length initially but that was just to be on the safer side, as the vent is slightly curved. Cut the top of the mesh at no particular angle, just laid it on top of the vent and saw how the lining curved inside, made marks on the mesh, and cut accordingly.

Last edited:

DeathB4Dishonr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I didn't use one and cut the mesh directly, but my mesh was 9 inch on length and 2.5 inch on width. I was 10 inch in length initially but that was just to be on the safer side, as the vent is slightly curved. Cut the top of the mesh at no particular angle, just laid it on top of the vent and saw how the lining curved inside, made marks on the mesh, and cut accordingly.
Thanks! My right hand is kinda messed up at the moment from work, but I went to a doctor today and got a steroid shot to fix the issue. So I'm on the mend now hopefully. Thanks again!

TheTopher

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
These look great. I'd really like to see these made of carbon fiber like the ones I have on my AP2 and FK8! They're also just a bit too pricey IMHO.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Yeah, Topher was right those Carbon Guard guys were a scam or something. Thankfully my CC is good and even though I paid for these 5mos ago the dispute will go in my favor and I'll see my money back. I'd still love some forged carbon "mud flaps" but I did the $20 mesh mod to the vents and that was /thumbs up

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Can you post measurements of the template (pink paper)?
Thanks
Originally, I just traced out patterns on pieces of card stock until it looked appropriate and then trimmed accordingly by placing it into position a few times.. Since the edges will be hidden beneath the surrounding plastic, a precise cut wasn't necessary. It is important, in my opinion, to make certain that the lateral edges of the metal mesh are filed smooth for obvious reasons. I went an extra step and lightly coated them with some black Plasti Dip I had on hand. After approx. 1K miles, no rattles, no scratches, and no "downstream" debris getting through. There are some nice pre-made guards you can purchase, but in mfy opinion they are pricey and no better than ones you can make on your own. See also the OP by vbb and browse 3D printer templates if interested.