• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I can't even find MSRP M2s near me. Because there's no M2s at all available around here. And I definitely can't find any M3s. There's a few RS3s around, but they'll be $70k Otd, definitely not $50k
EXACTLY. Not sure where people keep pulling these numbers from. Only one I can see is you can get a new Supra pretty close to a marked up FL5. And I don’t think I could bring myself to drive an Elantra N…
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
another dealer gave me a call today, 25over. I asked him if he was out of his fcking mind and not so politely asked him to lose my number.
Hope you feel good about that.

The person has a job to do. I'm sure you inquired and he responded. Be confident the person contacting you didn't set the price.

You're a clown.. as always..

This goes to all of you. No reason to be unkind. If you don't want to pay it. Don't. Why go out of your way to ruin someone's day.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

The person has a job to do. I'm sure you inquired and he responded. Be confident the person contacting you didn't set the price.

This goes to all of you. No reason to be unkind. If you don't want to pay it. Don't. Why go out of your way to ruin someone's day.

“You're a clown.. as always……….No reason to be unkind”.

Irony 🤣

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
I find the fact that Honda is now charging $10k more for the FL5 than the MSRP of my 2018 CTR quite laughable. Here is a little perspective. In 2003, I bought my 200 hp RSX-S for about $24k. Fifteen years later, the FK8 came out with 50 % more hp, 100 %+ more torque, and class dominating handling, braking, and technology that the RSX or any car at that time in the price range never had.
Is a few extra hp and torque that may be slightly faster worth 10K? I know the car will sell and still be in great demand, but I just don't see its worth owning the car that I have. Now if you have an Si or GTI or even Toyota 86, well hell yes it is a huge difference, but upgrading to the FL5 is not in the cards for me. Anyone agree with me?
If I am going to spend ~$50k for a car, I would get an S3/4 or M2. Or save $$ and buy the Elantra N which is very well received.

If a leftover 18-21 existed for MSRP I'd rather buy that for the money. Or even a like new used garage queen for a few grand less. Heck, when I find a new one for MSRP then I may try to trade for a like new FK8.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912

As someone who works in service, I fully agree with this

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
As someone who works in service, I fully agree with this
Yeeeep, it's always good to remember the salesperson is doing their job. The dealer's owner and/or GM are the real bastards, but you're not talking to them on the phone. Plus, you catch more flies with honey, so be polite.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Damn this got dark. Delivery eve blues…the night is always darkest before the dawn.

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSXR
I keep telling myself to be patient and prices will inevitably come down but without knowing (anyone got a good guess?) how many will be made I can’t help but be a little worried that demand will always outpace supply.

I guess more than anything I need some encouragement that waiting is the smart play here before I go dropping a regrettable amount of money.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I keep telling myself to be patient and prices will inevitably come down but without knowing (anyone got a good guess?) how many will be made I can’t help but be a little worried that demand will always outpace supply.

I guess more than anything I need some encouragement that waiting is the smart play here before I go dropping a regrettable amount of money.
A lot of us are in the same boat. Unless you absolutely must have it now, there isn't a ton of downside to waiting. Honda should be producing these for several years, so you will always have the opportunity to buy later. The ADMs should only decrease from here (may not go down to 0, but doubt it stays at $10k+ forever). Plus, we might get enhancements or mid-cycle refreshes in future model years :)

blinkme323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance
A lot of us are in the same boat. Unless you absolutely must have it now, there isn't a ton of downside to waiting. Honda should be producing these for several years, so you will always have the opportunity to buy later. The ADMs should only decrease from here (may not go down to 0, but doubt it stays at $10k+ forever). Plus, we might get enhancements or mid-cycle refreshes in future model years :)
Yep.. Honda has not stated that this will be a limited production vehicle in any way shape or form. If they want to make 100k of them, they will.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
Yep.. Honda has not stated that this will be a limited production vehicle in any way shape or form. If they want to make 100k of them, they will.
It may not be limited production, but it might be limited shipping it appears. There could be an ocean of them and Honda will give us the drip feed.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Vandergriff Honda called me for the 2nd or 3rd time today. Last time they wanted 63K plus TTT.

Today the sales guy was like hey, we are having a black Friday sale I might be able to get you 3-4K off.

I gave him the same line I am giving them all. "My offer is $49,900 OTD or $53,900 OTD with the forged wheels."

He said he'd talk to the sales manager and get back with me.