• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Don't bother with Coggins Honda. Unless you literally stalk the dealership and got a lead you arent getting it. I was actually first on the list and in contact with the sales guy who manages the CTR. He is going down the list of people who called and giving them the down low on when the car will arrive so they can get it.

Also the markup isn't $5k. I spoke with the sales manager, he told me it would be $10k over.

whotcanudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Went in to Diamond Honda in Puente Hills, CA to check out the car in person. They have a boost blue for 20k over for anyone that's wondering. Sales rep told me they've gotten offers for 15-17k over. When I asked why didn't they take those offers, he mentioned they want to keep the prices high for such a "rare car".

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
It's definitely quite fair; iirc they even include some options (I forget which). It's tempting but I still enjoy my fk8 for now.

If I didn't already buy, I'd snap that up so quick.

endolp

First Name
Jadon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've gotten a lot of helpful information from this thread, and now that I've made a ton of phonecalls myself over the past few weeks, I figured it might be useful to other people in Texas/the South just generally if I shared my spreadsheet (since I will most likely be waiting for a few months before I pull the trigger on an FL5):

DealershipLocationColorStatusADM
Vandergriff HondaArlington, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE (in-transit)$20k
Ken GarffSalt Lake City, UTChampionship WhiteWaitlist (1 person currently) for next allocation$10k
First Texas HondaAustin, TXChampionship White"over a year-long waitlist"; didn't even tell me a price
Burleson HondaBurleson, TXPearl GrayWaitlist for next allocation$10k
Team Gillman Honda NorthHouston, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE; "lots of offers", apparently$20k
Mike Smith HondaBeaumont, TXChampionship WhiteAlready sold
Fernandez HondaSan Antonio, TXChampionship WhiteTaking offers; planning on selling to highest bidder next month
Schomp HondaDenver, COChampionship White"12 people in line"
Grapevine HondaDallas-Fort Worth, TXPearl GrayReceiving a new allocation next month$10k
Honda of DentonDenton, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$20k
Sames HondaLaredo, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$15k
Howdy HondaAustin, TXPearl GrayAlready sold; "over a year-long waitlist"
Big Star HondaHouston, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$25k (lmao) - was willing to negotiate down to $15k
Patty Peck HondaJackson, MSChampionship WhiteCan reserve next allocation for $10k deposit$10k
Sterling McCall HondaHouston, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE$15k - hung up on me after I countered with $5k
Fowler HondaNorman, OKPearl GrayAVAILABLE$15k
Community HondaHouston, TXPearl GrayAlready sold
Honda Cars of McKinneyMcKinney, TXPearl GrayAlready sold; waitlist; preferential treatment to DFW locals$11k "accessories package"; "no markup"

It's amusing to me that Vandergriff Honda and Honda of Denton have been calling people back, because they've been doing the same to me. Glad no one's budging.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing

It's amusing to me that Vandergriff Honda and Honda of Denton have been calling people back, because they've been doing the same to me. Glad no one's budging.
Not surprised they are. In the South/SE $20k is pushing it. I know near me only one dealership was asking $20k and was the only one that called me back later, so I suspect all the $10k markups didn't need my business so someone already bit on those. It seems like $10k is about the line for the region.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Was curious to know what would happen when I filed a complaint to my state about advertising practices. Dealer website said that they were a MSRP dealership, but the salesperson told me $10k markup. The only thing the government employee did was forward my complaint to the dealership and then forwarded the dealership reply to me. Glad to see my state taxes hard at work....

I wasn't expecting the state to force this dealership to sell the Type R to me at MSRP. I was realistically expecting that my complaint would either end up in a black hole or the dealer would have made a side note on the website, saying that not all models would be sold at MSRP.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
I've gotten a lot of helpful information from this thread, and now that I've made a ton of phonecalls myself over the past few weeks, I figured it might be useful to other people in Texas/the South just generally if I shared my spreadsheet (since I will most likely be waiting for a few months before I pull the trigger on an FL5):

DealershipLocationColorStatusADM
Vandergriff HondaArlington, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE (in-transit)$20k
Ken GarffSalt Lake City, UTChampionship WhiteWaitlist (1 person currently) for next allocation$10k
First Texas HondaAustin, TXChampionship White"over a year-long waitlist"; didn't even tell me a price
Burleson HondaBurleson, TXPearl GrayWaitlist for next allocation$10k
Team Gillman Honda NorthHouston, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE; "lots of offers", apparently$20k
Mike Smith HondaBeaumont, TXChampionship WhiteAlready sold
Fernandez HondaSan Antonio, TXChampionship WhiteTaking offers; planning on selling to highest bidder next month
Schomp HondaDenver, COChampionship White"12 people in line"
Grapevine HondaDallas-Fort Worth, TXPearl GrayReceiving a new allocation next month$10k
Honda of DentonDenton, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$20k
Sames HondaLaredo, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$15k
Howdy HondaAustin, TXPearl GrayAlready sold; "over a year-long waitlist"
Big Star HondaHouston, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$25k (lmao) - was willing to negotiate down to $15k
Patty Peck HondaJackson, MSChampionship WhiteCan reserve next allocation for $10k deposit$10k
Sterling McCall HondaHouston, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE$15k - hung up on me after I countered with $5k
Fowler HondaNorman, OKPearl GrayAVAILABLE$15k
Community HondaHouston, TXPearl GrayAlready sold
Honda Cars of McKinneyMcKinney, TXPearl GrayAlready sold; waitlist; preferential treatment to DFW locals$11k "accessories package"; "no markup"

Looks like we are in the same city. I made a very similar list. Funny to see the differences in mark up the dealers have told us. Team Gilman North had a 50k mark up and even sent me over paperwork. Hilarious.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Looks like we are in the same city. I made a very similar list. Funny to see the differences in mark up the dealers have told us. Team Gilman North had a 50k mark up and even sent me over paperwork. Hilarious.
No way!?! $50k?

You have to post that -

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I did a while back. Here’s the initial text and then when the salesman tried to follow up with me (drunk I assume)

CA453A61-018F-4F85-A06B-43399DA3EDBA.jpeg

00D09399-4039-49DA-8727-B04B8FEE58B5.jpeg

Haha. Cringy sales person.
Sponsored