• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Coggins Honda of Orlando told me $5k for their Rallye Red
Called them this morning. At $5k I'd make the deal but they are going first come/first serve whenever it hits their lot and I can't imagine I'll beat someone driving all the way down from Atlanta. They refused to take a deposit to hold it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Called them this morning. At $5k I'd make the deal but they are going first come/first serve whenever it hits their lot and I can't imagine I'll beat someone driving all the way down from Atlanta. They refused to take a deposit to hold it.
FCFS is brutal, almost have to live out of your car parked outside the dealership and beat them to work every day.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty

I have told several dealers I do not want to put down a deposit, I want to put to put down my down payment and go ahead and do the deal. Even offering to wire a 20K down payment.

I still got "we are not taking deposits". Basically they want to take the highest and best to see how high some idiot is willing to pay.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
I've gotten a lot of helpful information from this thread, and now that I've made a ton of phonecalls myself over the past few weeks, I figured it might be useful to other people in Texas/the South just generally if I shared my spreadsheet (since I will most likely be waiting for a few months before I pull the trigger on an FL5):

DealershipLocationColorStatusADM
Vandergriff HondaArlington, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE (in-transit)$20k
Ken GarffSalt Lake City, UTChampionship WhiteWaitlist (1 person currently) for next allocation$10k
First Texas HondaAustin, TXChampionship White"over a year-long waitlist"; didn't even tell me a price
Burleson HondaBurleson, TXPearl GrayWaitlist for next allocation$10k
Team Gillman Honda NorthHouston, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE; "lots of offers", apparently$20k
Mike Smith HondaBeaumont, TXChampionship WhiteAlready sold
Fernandez HondaSan Antonio, TXChampionship WhiteTaking offers; planning on selling to highest bidder next month
Schomp HondaDenver, COChampionship White"12 people in line"
Grapevine HondaDallas-Fort Worth, TXPearl GrayReceiving a new allocation next month$10k
Honda of DentonDenton, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$20k
Sames HondaLaredo, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$15k
Howdy HondaAustin, TXPearl GrayAlready sold; "over a year-long waitlist"
Big Star HondaHouston, TXPearl GrayAVAILABLE$25k (lmao) - was willing to negotiate down to $15k
Patty Peck HondaJackson, MSChampionship WhiteCan reserve next allocation for $10k deposit$10k
Sterling McCall HondaHouston, TXChampionship WhiteAVAILABLE$15k - hung up on me after I countered with $5k
Fowler HondaNorman, OKPearl GrayAVAILABLE$15k
Community HondaHouston, TXPearl GrayAlready sold
Honda Cars of McKinneyMcKinney, TXPearl GrayAlready sold; waitlist; preferential treatment to DFW locals$11k "accessories package"; "no markup"

It's amusing to me that Vandergriff Honda and Honda of Denton have been calling people back, because they've been doing the same to me. Glad no one's budging.
Screw Honda of Denton. Bought an HRV there, was told we were first on list, then 2nd, then Ray (worlds scummiest salesperson) had the balls to ask for 25k over. That stealership will never get another dime from me.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I did a while back. Here’s the initial text and then when the salesman tried to follow up with me (drunk I assume)

CA453A61-018F-4F85-A06B-43399DA3EDBA.jpeg

00D09399-4039-49DA-8727-B04B8FEE58B5.jpeg
like literally dude, OMFG!!!????!!!! :bow:

EDIT: can't we bring charges at this point LMFAO :p

Reactions: B$$

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Northtown Honda in WNY 10k over for the champ white they have in transit if anyone is interested.

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Just spoke to 2 different dealers and they’ve both told me that Honda allocates 1 Type R every quarter to a certain amount of dealerships, they said the next would be around February or March. Anyone else heard of this?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Just spoke to 2 different dealers and they’ve both told me that Honda allocates 1 Type R every quarter to a certain amount of dealerships, they said the next would be around February or March. Anyone else heard of this?

Eh, not sure that is true. When the FK8 came out some of the larger dealers would have 3 different colors at a time.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
anytime dealer tells you how rare the cars are you should take take as complete BS.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Unlikely but certainly possible. These are different times and what applied to the FK8 may not apply to the FL5...Not built in the same plant, supply chain issues, all that stuff.

I didn't see a single dealer in LA or SF with more than one, with many not getting any at all. There's also many dealers that are still struggling to get regular civic allocations, let alone the Type R variant. After this first wave, I wouldn't be surprised if the next shipment is indeed a few months out.

superporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2023 RS3
An Oregon dealer just called me to tell me they dropped the ADM from 25K to 15K, which is still ridiculous — but it's satisfying to see them forced to lower it. I just bought an Elantra N so didn't even try to bargain, but to me this just shows that next year will probably be a totally different story re: markups. If you don't have to be first and want to save some $$, it seems like waiting will be a smart move.
Sponsored