• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

firstcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for CTR
Honestly at this point, Iā€™m almost over trying to buy a CTR. But unfortunately, thereā€™s really not many like it.
I conceded and just put a deposit down on an incoming 2024 BMW M2 with 6-speed manual.

CTR at MSRP is fabulous value. At almost $60k, not so much. I'll periodically check the market to see whether we're there yet.

Best of luck to those still on the hunt.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'm seeing a growing number of dealers with multiple CTRs on their lot. Supply constraints are clearly easing and cars are sitting as more customers decline paying $10k+ ADM. If you have 30-60 days, I'd wait. My bet is $5k over will be the standard ask well before the end of the year, and MSRP + reasonable accessories being the 'realistic good deal'.
Youā€™re partially correct. Supply constraints havenā€™t eased, especially in regards to the FL5. The dealers that have multiple were destined to get multiple based on their civic turnover rates. Youā€™re right in that theyā€™re still there because of ADM though.

For comparison sake, by this time in the FK8sā€™ release cycle we had sold approximately 20+ of them. My dealership is consistently top 3 Honda dealer in the US and as of today we have sold 7 FL5 CTRs total. None of them being red or black btw.

firstcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for CTR
Youā€™re partially correct. Supply constraints havenā€™t eased, especially in regards to the FL5. The dealers that have multiple were destined to get multiple based on their civic turnover rates. Youā€™re right in that theyā€™re still there because of ADM though.

For comparison sake, by this time in the FK8sā€™ release cycle we had sold approximately 20+ of them. My dealership is consistently top 3 Honda dealer in the US and as of today we have sold 7 FL5 CTRs total. None of them being red or black btw.
Great info - thank you.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
ApecR do you think most dealers will get a MY2024 if they received a MY2023? Iā€™m next on the list at my dealer and just wanna make sure they will receive another.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
ApecR do you think most dealers will get a MY2024 if they received a MY2023? Iā€™m next on the list at my dealer and just wanna make sure they will receive another.
Did your dealership receive more than one 2023 MY FL5? If so, then they will get at least 1 2024 MY FL5. The dealerships that only received 1 for 2023 are harder to determine. They might only receive 1 more and it doesnā€™t have to be a 2024, it could be a 2025 or 2026 MY. The dealership I bought my car from havenā€™t received another since mine. Theyā€™re so small I doubt theyā€™ll get much more. This is all subject to change if supply chains improve though. Basically if the dealership you work with is relatively large and move a lot of civics theyā€™ll get multiple.
Best to keep options open.
N.B. For those of yā€™all hoping theyā€™ll make a mid cycle refresh that will add fog lights. The chances of that are very slim. Look at all of Hondaā€™s/Acuraā€™s highest performance models theyā€™ve stopped adding fog lights except for the MDX Type S.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
They only received the one in 2023.
Canā€™t say for certain if theyā€™ll receive more. When did they receive their 2023? The first 2-3 release batches are generally designed to give as much coverage as possible, after that only certain dealerships get more.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I've seen speculation on the Internet that Summer '25 is likely the end. I think the article attributed this to tightened restrictions on noise.

Before you ask me for a source... just look at Japanese Auto news on Twitter. It's how I come across some of this stuff.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Canā€™t say for certain if theyā€™ll receive more. When did they receive their 2023? The first 2-3 release batches are generally designed to give as much coverage as possible, after that only certain dealerships get more.
They got it February of this year.

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
There's a red one on the ground in Maryland for 7k over, I know red is harder to get. Contact Daniel if interested (3016848118)
Sponsored