• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The "Should there be an Si hatch" Poll

Would you buy an Si hatch?

• Yes. That would be my perfect car.

• Nope. The Si sedan is where it's at, man!

• Not interested. I'm getting a Type R.

Results are only viewable after voting.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I think an Si hatch should be a no brainer for Honda, especially since they dropped the Coupe. But I just wonder with Honda streamlining the 11th gen lineup, will they only produce the Si in sedan form?

Here's my ideal scenario. Honda totally mirrors the sedan lineup for the hatch. LX and Sport hatches are 2.0NA only. The EX hatch gets the 1.5 turbo. The performance Si hatch comes next. And finally the range topping Touring hatch.

Your thoughts.
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Pretty much what I've been saying the whole time as well. Mirror the sedan trim lineup (maybe with very slight adjustments here and there, kind of like the coupe/sedan differences that existed). Offer Si sedan and hatch. Price it between the EX and Touring model. Perfect scenario IMO and makes the most sense.

I know there was a post from some random person a few days ago claiming to have "insider info" that said the Sedan Si would be positioned between the EX and Touring, manual only. But the hatch would get a new Si Touring trim to replace the Sport Touring/Touring trims and would come in manual or automatic. Not a horrible outcome either... and I'm all for offering an auto option on the Si... but that would be probably a $30k car just based on what a sport touring costs now.... for that price point, I'd be more apt to jump into an Accord Sport 2.0T. He also said the Sport Trim Hatch would get the turbo instead of the 2.0L and get power bumped to 190hp. So kind of an Si light.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Pretty much what I've been saying the whole time as well. Mirror the sedan trim lineup (maybe with very slight adjustments here and there, kind of like the coupe/sedan differences that existed). Offer Si sedan and hatch. Price it between the EX and Touring model. Perfect scenario IMO and makes the most sense.

I know there was a post from some random person a few days ago claiming to have "insider info" that said the Sedan Si would be positioned between the EX and Touring, manual only. But the hatch would get a new Si Touring trim to replace the Sport Touring/Touring trims and would come in manual or automatic. Not a horrible outcome either... and I'm all for offering an auto option on the Si... but that would be probably a $30k car just based on what a sport touring costs now.... for that price point, I'd be more apt to jump into an Accord Sport 2.0T. He also said the Sport Trim Hatch would get the turbo instead of the 2.0L and get power bumped to 190hp. So kind of an Si light.
I figured if the hatchback got the 2.0L it would be for the LX only OR Honda would pull an "Accord" and offer a Sport and Sport 1.5t (kinda like the Accord has the Sport 1.5t/Sport 2.0t)

I'd absolutely love an SI Touring...manual of course for me...and this might make sense IF the ILX replacement is a sedan only...it gives the Civic a bit of breathing room from the ILX replacement sedan.

I'm good with an ST (Sport Touring) hatch too..as long as I can get it with a stick shift.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
My guess is the Sport Hatch with the manual will get the 192hp 1.5T from the accord. I really think we will finally see a Si Hatch as well since they dropped the coupe, moved hatch production to North America and stated officially that the hatch would be the Sport focus in the Honda line up going forward. To differentiate the Si I could see them upping the power by 10% over the 2020. Just hope they give it auto rev matching to lose the rev hang. If Toyota can do it for the corolla then Honda certainly could for the Si.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
I love my '18 Sport Touring. I'd like to see a bit of the same (Yeah, the Accord 1.5 would be good - Si Sedan, ST Hatchback, both with 6MT - NO CVT!!!!!)

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
With manuals only coming to the hatch, CTR and Si, it only makes sense the Si would be a hatch which would mean manuals were exclusive to the hatches. Why would they make only one sedan a manual?

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
There wasn't a poll option for me: Yes, they should make an Si hatch but no I won't buy one because I'm not giving up my 10th gen coupe.

;)

I think they will do an Si hatch. It makes no sense not to since hatches (for those who need them) are so practical. Most buyers think so except they want them jacked up and called SUVs...

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I wish they would, and think they should, have an Si hatch but everything I’ve read on the subject makes me fairly sure they’re not doing it.

I was really hoping that moving hatch production to NA, where the Si trim hails from, would mean the time has come for an Si hatch. It was unsurprising that Swindon didn’t do an Si hatch but it is surprising that Indiana probably won’t.

Why not drop the Si sedan and make the hatch home of the performance variants, ie type R and Si. They can’t sell that many Si sedans. It should simplify development and production. Performance and practicality.. best of both worlds… all from the one plant.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
I think they keep Si as sedan only and only have the hatch performance variant a type r. My assumption is that having an Si hatch will make more people not $$$ up for the type r when the Si hatch would be 90% of the performance most people want. I could be wrong but Honda is pretty predictable with how they run their lineup.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I think they keep Si as sedan only and only have the hatch performance variant a type r. My assumption is that having an Si hatch will make more people not $$$ up for the type r when the Si hatch would be 90% of the performance most people want. I could be wrong but Honda is pretty predictable with how they run their lineup.
Seems they sell all the type R models they make, i.e. demand intentionally exceeds supply (more value as a halo car than it is for sales volume), so I don’t think they’re worried about Si sales hurting type R sales.

If they can make the Si more appealing to a broader audience, i.e. by using a more practical body style, that increase in sales could make them more than type R sales do. That being said, the Si is probably more valuable as a halo car too since you get a lot of features for a modest price increase so they can’t make too much off them.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
That actually makes sense. I mean they are shrinking the Civic lineup.

Have the LX, Sport, EX and Touring sedans with the Si version as the performance model.

Have LX, Sport, EX and Touring hatches with the Type R as the range topping performance variant.

popopopop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Si Sedan
Seems they sell all the type R models they make, i.e. demand intentionally exceeds supply (more value as a halo car than it is for sales volume), so I don’t think they’re worried about Si sales hurting type R sales.

If they can make the Si more appealing to a broader audience, i.e. by using a more practical body style, that increase in sales could make them more than type R sales do. That being said, the Si is probably more valuable as a halo car too since you get a lot of features for a modest price increase so they can’t make too much off them.
I agree with the broader appeal. A tiny bit more practicality of the hatch for the Si is what I want and will make me pause a bit on the Si if a non-Si hatch is available. Not sure if CTR owners care if it's a hatch or sedan, because they're buying either way.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
That actually makes sense. I mean they are shrinking the Civic lineup.

Have the LX, Sport, EX and Touring sedans with the Si version as the performance model.

Have LX, Sport, EX and Touring hatches with the Type R as the range topping performance variant.
That to me seems to be the most likely scenario. I hope I’m wrong though. I love the type r but it’s just to much money for me and I’d love to trade in my Si for a hatch version but it just doesn’t seem likely to me that they make an Si hatch.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
IMO they have to release an Si hatch. How are they going to keep selling Si's if the only body is the sedan? I mean how much of yearly sales did Si coupes make up? I don't think they had much of a problem selling them. It would make sense to give us what we've wanted since the beginning, since the R is out of most people's price range and limited production per year anyway. I, for one, would trade my current hatch in in a second for an Si hatch.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
IMO they have to release an Si hatch. How are they going to keep selling Si's if the only body is the sedan? I mean how much of yearly sales did Si coupes make up? I don't think they had much of a problem selling them. It would make sense to give us what we've wanted since the beginning, since the R is out of most people's price range and limited production per year anyway. I, for one, would trade my current hatch in in a second for an Si hatch.
Same. A HB is the only thing that makes sense. The HB is going to be the only MT for the civic. Why would they only have a MT sedan in the Si?
Sponsored