• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The "Should there be an Si hatch" Poll

Would you buy an Si hatch?

• Yes. That would be my perfect car.

• Nope. The Si sedan is where it's at, man!

• Not interested. I'm getting a Type R.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Same. A HB is the only thing that makes sense. The HB is going to be the only MT for the civic. Why would they only have a MT sedan in the Si?
IMO they have to release an Si hatch. How are they going to keep selling Si's if the only body is the sedan? I mean how much of yearly sales did Si coupes make up? I don't think they had much of a problem selling them. It would make sense to give us what we've wanted since the beginning, since the R is out of most people's price range and limited production per year anyway. I, for one, would trade my current hatch in in a second for an Si hatch.
Cause Honda does off the wall stuff...I would love a hatchback SI but im not holding my breath for one. Honda will fail you everytime.
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
If it happens, let's also hope to see some power boosts starting from the Sport hatch. Let's say 200 or close to it on the Sport, 230-250 on the Si, 330-350 on the R. I mean this is all wishlist numbers but with what other manufcturers are pushing out of their 4's at this point it seems completely doable.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
If it happens, let's also hope to see some power boosts starting from the Sport hatch. Let's say 200 or close to it on the Sport, 230-250 on the Si, 330-350 on the R. I mean this is all wishlist numbers but with what other manufcturers are pushing out of their 4's at this point it seems completely doable.
This is said every new generation. In my opinion the sport will stay the same or a 5hp increase just so they can say it has more power. As for the Si I’m expecting a 10-15hp increase to around 215-220ish. They will most likely stick to the same 1.5 engine in my opinion and just tune it for more power. I just don’t see this as the generation that revamps like the 10gen was. I could be wrong as it’s all speculation on my part.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
I’m definitely hoping for the Si Hatch. I think the sport hatch will get the 192hp 1.5t from the Accord and Si get a bump to about 220hp. Would love to see auto rev matching in the Si.

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Hopefully it is just a delayed release /:

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I mean Canada doesn't get the same vehicles we do so we'll have to see.
I feel like a HB vs a sedan is a pretty big difference as far as a Canadian/US difference. Trim levels and small things like heated steering wheels is more on par with the differences you’ll see.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Canada just confirmed on Twitter Si will be sedan only. Sometimes I hate being right. Maybe if the demand is enough they will reconsider when civic gets a mid generation refresh. One can still hope.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The Si sedan didn't come around until the second or third year of the 8th gen civic... maybe if demand is high enough they'll add the HB Si into the fold

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Honda Canada just confirmed on Twitter Si will be sedan only. Sometimes I hate being right. Maybe if the demand is enough they will reconsider when civic gets a mid generation refresh. One can still hope.
I never hate being right.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The Si sedan didn't come around until the second or third year of the 8th gen civic... maybe if demand is high enough they'll add the HB Si into the fold
Or maybe the Si hatch will come next year with the Type R hatch? Makes sense the hatch wouldn’t be ready for this year.

If this is true would Honda Canada say a hatch Si is coming? No, they’d say no hatch, to push sales now instead of later. Maybe even get you to buy twice.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or maybe the Si hatch will come next year with the Type R hatch? Makes sense the hatch wouldn’t be ready for this year.

If this is true would Honda Canada say a hatch Si is coming? No, they’d say no hatch, to push sales now instead of later. Maybe even get you to buy twice.
They wouldn’t care to do that though. Si sales are minuscule compared to all other trims levels beside the type-R. If anything they would say no type-R, then everyone would get an Si and then bam say the type-R is actually coming. Makes more sense than your logic lol.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
They wouldn’t care to do that though. Si sales are minuscule compared to all other trims levels beside the type-R. If anything they would say no type-R, then everyone would get an Si and then bam say the type-R is actually coming. Makes more sense than your logic lol.
The Type R is a halo car so that wouldn’t make sense. My point is simply that it’s common for companies to deny something up until they announce it.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Type R is a halo car so that wouldn’t make sense. My point is simply that it’s common for companies to deny something up until they announce it.
I wouldn’t say type-R is a halo car lol but alright. Maybe the LE model can pass as one but the regular type-R is not.

do you have examples of companies doing that? I have personally never heard that and am curious now.
Sponsored