• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R owner age?

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I'm 29 and have only ever owned manual cars. Mix of European and Japanese, modern and classics (98 Si, Rx8).

As a recent dad this is the best reliable fun, manual car with 4 doors I could find.

Horrible experiences with german and it's maintenance, so will take time before I ever sacrifice reliability again.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I'm 29 and have only ever owned manual cars. Mix of European and Japanese, modern and classics (98 Si, Rx8).

As a recent dad this is the best reliable fun, manual car with 4 doors I could find.

Horrible experiences with german and it's maintenance, so will take time before I ever sacrifice reliability again.
This is where I'm at with this vehicle.

People keep chiming in with "better" value/performance propositions but no one's named one brand new 4 door vehicle with the same cargo capacity (trunk space W/seats up), rear passenger space and performance, that's available in manual.
I'd be cross shopping an A45 if they came in manual and were available in Canada or an RS3 sportback if they still manufactured them.

Last edited:

ne_typer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BB FL5
Early 30s. Never driven an FL5 but ordered one based on the reviews. I'm looking for something that feels alive, but also has enough practicality that I can actually enjoy driving it regularly (rather than having it sit in the garage for weekends only). I had a 911 not long ago, so this car has some big shoes to fill...

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
42 and my wife says my Type R is a mid life crisis car. Lol
Tell her your mid life crisis girlfriend loves the car! Jkjk!!! :rofl: Report back about how comfortable it is to sleep in the car, please.

I’m in my mid 40’s. Sometimes I feel like the car is too “young” for me too, but then think to myself “who cares?!” I’m so happy this car exists and I was able to get one!

Last edited:

Mkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
37. Kids are finally old enough not to trash the car and I can now afford it. I've had my boring family car for 10 years after my younger years of owning Honda, Nissans etc. I've feel like I've earned it haha.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Tell her your mid life crisis girlfriend loves the car! Jkjk!!! :rofl: Report back about how comfortable it is to sleep in the car, please.

I’m in my mid 40’s. Sometimes I feel like the car is too “young” for me too, but then think to myself “who cares!” I’m so happy this car exists and I was able to get one!
'Who cares' is the correct response. Enjoy.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430