• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Untuning itself?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Pops and bangs need to be within certain conditions to work properly, like exhaust temperature, engine temperature, and also no codes.
Yeah I explained that to him, looked over the logs it looks good. Today he is going to check some stuff.
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
@Jester04 go ahead and drop your Venmo or Cashapp in your signature. :)
Going to have to do thatšŸ˜‚. But really Iā€™m here for you guys. I do this because I actually Iā€™m passionate about it and I love helping people.

Added it! Next up coming feet finder and only fans. Have to pay for my student loans somehow.šŸ¤£

Also Iā€™m fairly certain that OPā€™s related issue is to an engine code. We will figure it out later today.

Last edited:

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
It has rejected the fake pops and bangs. I recommend installing fake airvents from Autozone on the fenders, this way the car will be convinced of it's new lifestyle.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It has rejected the fake pops and bangs. I recommend installing fake airvents from Autozone on the fenders, this way the car will be convinced of it's new lifestyle.
But it has to be the chrome ones! I wonā€™t take any less.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Is it really being "untuned" or is it just reverting to some sort of safe mode once it sets the code? Try clearing the check engine light instead of reflashing and see if the problem goes away. Then when it comes back check for a pending code that hasn't turned the CEL on yet. Then you'll have to get with @Jester04 on how to make the computer quit seeing issues with rear 02 sensor.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Is it really being "untuned" or is it just reverting to some sort of safe mode once it sets the code? Try clearing the check engine light instead of reflashing and see if the problem goes away. Then when it comes back check for a pending code that hasn't turned the CEL on yet. Then you'll have to get with @Jester04 on how to make the computer quit seeing issues with rear 02 sensor.
Its the code causing issues. But I like being systematic about my approach so we first ruled out the calibration. Now we are moving to hardware issues.

Ryan Ho

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R #9884
Yes I got the same problem with my FL5 yesterday after driving at highway but without engine check light (I blocked the DTC0420 code), then I reflash the hondata to got the pops back. If you could find where the problem is pls let me know, Thankyou!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yes I got the same problem with my FL5 yesterday after driving at highway but without engine check light (I blocked the DTC0420 code), then I reflash the hondata to got the pops back. If you could find where the problem is pls let me know, Thankyou!
The pops vary by engine temps, if you want you can dm me with your issue and I can try to help you out.

Ryan Ho

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R #9884
The pops vary by engine temps, if you want you can dm me with your issue and I can try to help you out.
Thanks Jester, I'll try to log some data next time when the problem happens.šŸ˜‹

Ryan Ho

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R #9884
Sounds good!
It happens again today, I did some datalog and the A/F & fuel trim data was normal. But I found an other trouble code P0139 (O2 sensor circuit slow response) without an engine check light on dash board. After clearing the code on Hondata App everything got back to normal. BTW I got RV6 catted downpipe on car, I think it might cause the problem.
11th Gen Honda Civic Type R Untuning itself? IMG_9491.PNG

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It happens again today, I did some datalog and the A/F & fuel trim data was normal. But I found an other trouble code P0139 (O2 sensor circuit slow response) without an engine check light on dash board. After clearing the code on Hondata App everything got back to normal. BTW I got RV6 catted downpipe on car, I think it might cause the problem.
IMG_9491.PNG
That is the problem! A custom tune would do wonders for you.
Sponsored