• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What's taking companies so long??

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
As we are quickly approaching the close of 2023 summer I have to wonder what is taking companies so long to release parts for the 11th gen Si!?!? It seems like the only company that was able to pump out parts was PRL, and where I am happy with most of their parts that I purchased, I am unhappy with others - esp with their intake systems. Where is Mishimoto, 27won, etc..? This vehicle has been released since the 2022 year and we still do not have a full intake system (from turbo inlet to filter), or any other intercooler kit other than the PRL... I have been holding off on purchases, just waiting for new parts to be released.

As for my 27won complaint; they keep making posts regarding parts - their turbo inlet pipe, intake systems, intercooler kit, 11th gen turbos but yet nothing has been made available! I wish they would concentrate on something so they can finish it, and make it available. Seems like they are stretching themselves too thin, and not completing projects...

If anyone from a company can chime in I would greatly appreciate it, especially if you can provide ETA's for these parts.
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
From what I have seen it seems that the manufacturing side of the industry is still working to recover from both the supply and labor challenges that COVID brought to us several years ago.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Yeah, there have been continued supply issues for some brands and also keep in mind the 11th Gen Civics are not selling at nearly the pace that the 10th did. They are quite a bit more expensive. Nicer for sure, but more expensive. So, brands are somewhat more hesitant right now to invest until the market size grows (i.e., there are more 11th Civics out there).

That said, SiriMoto has a good selection of 11th parts! :) See here: https://www.sirimoto.com/a/gmm/11th-gen/honda/civic/performance-parts.html

SiriMoto just came out with an awesome N1 Clutch CMC Upgrade Kit too: https://www.sirimoto.com/p/gmm/11th-gen/honda/civic/n1-clutch-master-slave-cylinder-upgrade-kit.html

I've driven our 11th Civic Si shop car with and without the N1 CMC kit, and it's a really nice upgrade. Much better pedal feel, faster engagement, etc. Just makes driving more enjoyable too.

OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
... Smart, concentrate on type r parts for a car which is a limited sell. Dealerships still want 80k for these things, these companies would be better off making si parts, at least people can get their hands on one.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I’m sure these companies are doing what they can to stay in business while in a very shaky economy (+ continued supply chain issues and labor issues). Getting angry and impatient doesn’t make things happen faster. Enjoy your car in the meantime…unless that’s the problem?🤔

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen
protip:

There are a few 10th gen parts that are not marketed as being compatible with the 11th gen, but in fact are.

I'm not going to out the ones I know about publicly, but in one case the company admitted its compatibility to me via email, and in the other I installed it myself this weekend and it fits and works perfectly.

If there is an aftermarket part that you must have right now, and is available for the 10th gen do some research and you might be able to make it work for the 11th gen. Proceed at your own risk, of course.

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
protip:

There are a few 10th gen parts that are not marketed as being compatible with the 11th gen, but in fact are.

I'm not going to out the ones I know about publicly, but in one case the company admitted its compatibility to me via email, and in the other I installed it myself this weekend and it fits and works perfectly.

If there is an aftermarket part that you must have right now, and is available for the 10th gen do some research and you might be able to make it work for the 11th gen. Proceed at your own risk, of course.

Why not share the compatible parts with us? It would still bring the company money because we would buy them.

Most companies will openly admit for parts that work and may need some adjustment or don't line up 100 percent (a lot of 10th gen intakes silicone piping is hard to install on 11th. The PRL Cobra fits with some adjustment but the bracket doesn't work)

The downpipe do NOT work and a vendor posted photos to show why they aren't compatible.

Either way 27won is releasing their intake for the 11th on 22nd and adding a ram air cold air down the line. Two step performance is manufacturing the PRL downpipes again for 11th 1.5T

I've never seen people not posting whats compatible. That's what makes modding fun.

Vlad@27WON

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"22 Si, "23 Integra
From what I have seen it seems that the manufacturing side of the industry is still working to recover from both the supply and labor challenges that COVID brought to us several years ago.
Yeah, there have been continued supply issues for some brands and also keep in mind the 11th Gen Civics are not selling at nearly the pace that the 10th did. They are quite a bit more expensive. Nicer for sure, but more expensive. So, brands are somewhat more hesitant right now to invest until the market size grows (i.e., there are more 11th Civics out there).

That said, SiriMoto has a good selection of 11th parts! :) See here: https://www.sirimoto.com/a/gmm/11th-gen/honda/civic/performance-parts.html

SiriMoto just came out with an awesome N1 Clutch CMC Upgrade Kit too: https://www.sirimoto.com/p/gmm/11th-gen/honda/civic/n1-clutch-master-slave-cylinder-upgrade-kit.html

I've driven our 11th Civic Si shop car with and without the N1 CMC kit, and it's a really nice upgrade. Much better pedal feel, faster engagement, etc. Just makes driving more enjoyable too.
Some really good points here. As for us, 27WON we've released at least ~8 (from what I quickly counted) parts for the 11th Gen. Maybe, that's not enough for the community. We've got several releases through the end of this year planned as well.

As for the posts, that's us sharing the journey. It takes months, maybe years or more work to release products. Some projects get to market more quickly than others

OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Vlad, love the videos and the interest in the platform - However I stand behind my statements. You guys have been working on several parts that never came out. Turbo inlet pipe, fmic kit, & air intake snorkel just off the top of my head. I'd love to see some of these hit the market! I'm not hating - I'm suggesting to stick with something until its finished. You will eventually miss the mark, when your parts come out people will have bought from other brands who didn't drag their feet, like PRL... who was very quick to offer parts for the 11th gen.

Hoping things will pick up soon before summer is over.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Boostin845 Some manufacturers have more resources than others. There’s a lot you (and pretty much everyone else here) don’t know about that goes on behind the scenes. Most people have absolutely zero clue…and often don’t care. They just want stuff. Clicks link. Buys stuff on credit card. Arrives at home next day. Yay! So happy! Life is perfect! Posts on Instagram. Repeats.

To assume lack of parts is due to dragging feet is disingenuous. Maybe you can start your own business, design parts, test, manufacture, and ship them faster? Or maybe you should try working for one of these places and see what you can do to help. If not, just enjoy your car in the meantime. No one likes the guy who points out problems, but offers no help or resolution.

OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
I did offer a resolution... stick to one part at a time and release it! I can sit here and throw stones back at you, as you have no idea who I am and where I work - but I wont.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
But how do you know they’re not already focusing as you recommend? You don’t. Neither do I.

If they’re a small operation, that’s pretty much how things are made. Focus on one thing while having 2-3 other projects in the queue. If the first project stalls for some reason (which may be due to something beyond their control or even personal reasons…like health issues etc. etc.), they switch to project 2 in the queue and so on. Meanwhile larger operations have different teams of people who can focus on individual products simultaneously and get things out the door more quickly. There’s a lot of factors and scenarios to consider. Unless you’re there, you really don’t know the situation.

You’re only offering assumptions and complaints. Your lack of empathy tells me you’re not someone who knows about manufacturing on any scale. Either that or you simply don’t care (or both). How is complaining, being impatient, and offering blind suggestions helpful to anyone? It’s not.

OP
OP
Boostin845

Boostin845

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
Ryan, again - I'm not going toe to toe with you. Most of your posts on this forum are complaining about interior rattles... If your not providing information on part releases, or work for those companies go back to crying about your rattles.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
But Amazon has a 2 hour delivery.🤣
Sponsored