• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
This is a USA problem, not the World problem. Only USA has aggressive laws protecting dealers and mandating they exist without any control. It boggles my mind that the companies who make new cars are all powerless (or worse, don't care!) in preventing their customers from being ripped off. People who made the car said this car costs $44K but they have to hand it off to a third party who had nothing to do with R&D and contributes NOTHING to the process whatsoever so they can add $25K mark up to line their pockets before the customers can have it. If you think about it, it is quite insane.
It’s not just America. Canadians bragged for the last 6 months about no markups. Sure they don’t tac on markups, but then they slap $25k worth of PPF and other shit on there. Maybe other countries aren’t, but neighbor to the north isn’t “MSRP only” either.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
They're out there. Just keep looking

Nov_19_2022_7_22_19.jpg
$2300 ADM or did you get a carbon fiber wing at least? How long will you have to wait for allocation?

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
$2300 ADM or did you get a carbon fiber wing at least? How long will you have to wait for allocation?
There's no ADM not this, looks like he got it for MSRP. Additional charges are dealer fee and tax

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
There's no ADM not this, looks like he got it for MSRP. Additional charges are dealer fee and tax
There's a <$2,000 ADM on this. It's a "protection package". I'm in the same situation. My deal looks nearly identical.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
$49000 cash upfront and wait for allocation seems to be the way to achieve near-MSRP.

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned some dealers are doing first come first serve. I think I've found one doing the same, but I'm not sure how early I need to be arriving before the car. Are we talking hours or days?

How early would you guys recommend arriving before the car?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned some dealers are doing first come first serve. I think I've found one doing the same, but I'm not sure how early I need to be arriving before the car. Are we talking hours or days?

A dealership told me arrive before they even open

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
A dealership told me arrive before they even open
Definitely. I'm talking how many hours before they open, or even days. I don't know what to expect really!

I know for iphone releases or hyped games people would camp days ahead of time. Just not sure if that's what's going on here too...

rjactive

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Si sedan fiji blue pearl, 2002 NSX Pearl Yellow

I would suggest working at the dealership as a volunteer for the week of scheduled car arrival. This way, your guaranteed the first shot at purchase.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Definitely. I'm talking how many hours before they open, or even days. I don't know what to expect really!

I know for iphone releases or hyped games people would camp days ahead of time. Just not sure if that's what's going on here too...
Not exactly, get there before the truck it's on does and you should be golden

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
I would suggest working at the dealership as a volunteer for the week of scheduled car arrival. This way, your guaranteed the first shot at purchase.
Not exactly, get there before the truck it's on does and you should be golden
Honestly not bad ideas! In all seriousness though, I really do think there will be people showing up at least a day before the car arrives. If salesperson X says hey man the cars gonna be here Dec 12th, I bet you people will be there on at least the 11th if not sooner.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Honestly not bad ideas! In all seriousness though, I really do think there will be people showing up at least a day before the car arrives. If salesperson X says hey man the cars gonna be here Dec 12th, I bet you people will be there on at least the 11th if not sooner.
Every person waiting when the truck shows adds $10k to the ADM.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

I could see someone sleeping in their car and waiting out front really early. Its like Best Buy 10 years ago on black friday.
Sponsored