• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2021 Type R,
The FL5 has a crazy rev hang after full throttle lift off during upshifts, sometimes the rpms even jump a bit. The FK8 did not exhibit this behavior. Are there provisions to remedy this issue with the Hondata remapping? If so, does the base map incorporate it?

It’s really bad.
Hondata gives you the option to remove rev hang.
Sponsored

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn you don’t wait around do ya. Im thinking downpipe, intake and Hondata a year from now. Give some time to see some custom tunes.
You only live once. Im ready to full send 1/4 mile at a time.

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]
Why does it exist to begin with? Would think Honda would tune it out.
Maybe for the non manual drivers so the clutch wont burn as quick matching the revs.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
That's pretty stout. Any concern of clutch slip with this new smaller turbo? It has a whole lot of torque from until like 4k.

Seems like an intercooler and tune might be the way to fly on this platform.
No complaints from the clutch so far, even on our race fuel blend tune (approximately 97 octane).

We are looking forward to getting a PRL intercooler installed soon.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
The FL5 has a crazy rev hang after full throttle lift off during upshifts, sometimes the rpms even jump a bit. The FK8 did not exhibit this behavior. Are there provisions to remedy this issue with the Hondata remapping? If so, does the base map incorporate it?
There are two mods (standard reduction and race) which can be applied to any calibration to reduce the rev hang.

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A91 Supra, Focus RS, BB FK8, BB FL5
Hey @Hondata, I'm considering shipping my ecu to get unlocked by you. Do I need to have the FlashPro dongle to reinstall the ecu once jailbroken? I want to purchase the FlashPro later on to unlock the tune.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hey @Hondata, I'm considering shipping my ecu to get unlocked by you. Do I need to have the FlashPro dongle to reinstall the ecu once jailbroken? I want to purchase the FlashPro later on to unlock the tune.
You are able to use the ECU as soon as it arrives back to you, with or without a FlashPro unit or tune.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If my dealer or another Honda dealership will work on Hondata flashed cars, I probably will do it as well. About how long does it take a professional to take out and then reinstall the ECU ? And also you would need the Flash Pro if you decide to change the settings from 91 to 93 octane at sometime in the future, is that correct?
Thank You

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
The FL5 ECU is returned to you with the stock calibration, but with the ability to be programmed with FlashPro. It will run identically to before sending it to us.
Sponsored