• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Go to any FL5 car locator. Actually look at the VIN #'s. You'll notice every color has its own VIN series. The total cars aren't directly related to the specific VIN numbers unless you want to go look for the highest ones of every color and add them up. Honda's production abilities and shortfalls in their supply chain are only easing to the chagrin of all those in this thread who keep repeating production will be ~2k units or less for the US every year.
I don't think anyone thought it would be under 2k units per year, the original forecast was 4500-4800 which aligns with current VIN numbers + number of months remaining for 2023 vehicles
Sponsored

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I don't think anyone thought it would be under 2k units per year, the original forecast was 4500-4800 which aligns with current VIN numbers + number of months remaining for 2023 vehicles
Search through this post you'll see a bunch of individuals thinking only a tiny number will make to to the US. Bunch of panic about how limited FL5 production will be relative to FK8. Even if the numbers only continue and not increase (as the reports indicate) it's right in line or higher than FK8 US deliveries with around 20k FK8's arriving in the US and 48k produced worldwide over the 4.5yr production cycle. With 10k FL5's produced 6-7 months in Honda is far ahead of FK8 production.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Search through this post you'll see a bunch of individuals thinking only a tiny number will make to to the US. Bunch of panic about how limited FL5 production will be relative to FK8. Even if the numbers only continue and not increase (as the reports indicate) it's right in line or higher than FK8 US deliveries with around 20k FK8's arriving in the US and 48k produced worldwide over the 4.5yr production cycle. With 10k FL5's produced 6-7 months in Honda is far ahead of FK8 production.
" buT iT'S a liMiTeD pRoDucTiOn CaR" šŸ˜‚

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Wonder when the next batch of Type Rs will show up in the system. Down to only 180 available in the country. Dealers are getting more greedy knowing there arenā€™t many out there.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Wonder when the next batch of Type Rs will show up in the system. Down to only 180 available in the country. Dealers are getting more greedy knowing there arenā€™t many out there.
new batches coming out, Iā€™ve seen a few on random dealership pages that donā€™t seem to update on the finder tool. Recommend contacting your local dealers and see if they got one

bRYANT619

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner
my selling dealer in Texas informed me that they have 2 more allocations. I believe my salesperson said SGP and CW

Call Round Rock Honda in Texas and ask for Chris Hodges, he was great to deal with and worked hard on getting me the deal I got on my red one. Just note that even though they dont have an ADM on paper, they do push accessories which are basically mandatory with the sale.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
my selling dealer in Texas informed me that they have 2 more allocations. I believe my salesperson said SGP and CW

Call Round Rock Honda in Texas and ask for Chris Hodges, he was great to deal with and worked hard on getting me the deal I got on my red one. Just note that even though they dont have an ADM on paper, they do push accessories which are basically mandatory with the sale.
Called him. ā€œAccessoriesā€ add like 10-12k to the car and donā€™t really include anything substantial like the CF wing. So essentially itā€™s a markup.

bRYANT619

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR CTR/15 4Runner
Called him. ā€œAccessoriesā€ add like 10-12k to the car and donā€™t really include anything substantial like the CF wing. So essentially itā€™s a markup.
Well of course theyā€™re going to try and get as much as they can up front. Obviously the car hasnā€™t even hit their lot yet so thereā€™s not a lot of pressure to sell. I will say I paid just under 52k +ttl for mine with accessories, including a CF wing. They just sold a CW 2 weeks ago for 52k+ttl with accessories.

Like every other Honda dealer im sure theyā€™re getting a handful of calls each week for CTRs, if youā€™re serious about finding one, I would tell him to take down your info and then reach out to you when his dealer is willing to work a deal. My whole purchasing process took a month, first made contact with round rock at the beginning of April when they wanted 64k +ttl for the car. They texted me out of the blue at the beginning in May asking what it would take to make a deal.

Your other option is get on a list with an Autonation dealer. @ELIAS64 confirmed they only do a 5K ADM, I also confirmed because I was on a list for 5k adm with Autonation in Las Vegas as well.

Last edited:

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Honda of Danbury CT has a CW coming in. In state only, 7500 in accessories(not good ones)

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
Well of course theyā€™re going to try and get as much as they can up front. Obviously the car hasnā€™t even hit their lot yet so thereā€™s not a lot of pressure to sell. I will say I paid just under 52k +ttl for mine with accessories, including a CF wing. They just sold a CW 2 weeks ago for 52k+ttl with accessories.

Like every other Honda dealer im sure theyā€™re getting a handful of calls each week for CTRs, if youā€™re serious about finding one, I would tell him to take down your info and then reach out to you when his dealer is willing to work a deal. My whole purchasing process took a month, first made contact with round rock at the beginning of April when they wanted 64k +ttl for the car. They texted me out of the blue at the beginning in May asking what it would take to make a deal.

Your other option is get on a list with an Autonation dealer. @ELIAS64 confirmed they only do a 5K ADM, I also confirmed because I was on a list for 5k adm with Autonation in Las Vegas as well.
Not all AutoNations are 5k over. Last one I spoke to was either 10 or 15 over. I've come to find most dealers do not have a set price and everyone is just kind of making it up, even between salespeople at the same dealer.

Phil Devtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sierra Denali/'22 Yukon Denali/'22 X5/'23 FL5
more VIN 1202, I was made aware of the allocation back in early March. Unreal how long it took
Oh boyā€¦I got my VIN on 5/5. I was told 3-4 weeks, but I guess itā€™s more like 7-8. Lol!
Sponsored