• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester’s Hondata thread

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Fantastic work Jester.

Are we universally in agreement that the MHI turbo with fuel line mod (stock HPFP and injectors) is a worthwhile gain over the stock turbo on a circuit/track car application?
In my opinion yes, even with a completely stock fuel system.

I’m doing another one with a completely stock fuel system soon and will post up the results.
Sponsored

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
In my opinion yes, even with a completely stock fuel system.

I’m doing another one with a completely stock fuel system soon and will post up the results.
I would be VERY curious to see this, especially with a graph of the curves comparing stock turbo and MHI on stock fuel system.

We are very lucky to have you do all this work and willing to share the info. 🙏

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would be VERY curious to see this, especially with a graph of the curves comparing stock turbo and MHI on stock fuel system.

We are very lucky to have you do all this work and willing to share the info. 🙏
Thank you for the appreciation, and I love sharing the data with you guys. We all learn something new every day. I might not be able to go to the same dyno but still we will see how much I can get out of it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
@Jester04 taking care of business. I installed the MHI stage 2 last weekend and Jester hooked me up with a base tune. Sent some log data and he revised the tune with more boost baby.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
@Jester04 assuming a tune is needed for the RV6 BPV? I think I read the spring rate is different than the OEM?
Interesting.
I'm running.
MHI Stage 2, RV6 BPV, PRL Intercooler, RV6 DP, PRL FP, PRL TI intake pipe, sprint filter

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Interesting.
I'm running.
MHI Stage 2, RV6 BPV, PRL Intercooler, RV6 DP, PRL FP, PRL TI intake pipe, sprint filter
I could be wrong, but I swear I read some feedback somewhere from someone who said the boost threshold required to activate the valve was higher than OEM and running it on an OEM setup would cause problems.

...I could have misremembered or misunderstood, and / or they could be wrong, lol.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I could be wrong, but I swear I read some feedback somewhere from someone who said the boos threshold required to activate the valve was higher than OEM and running it on an OEM setup would cause problems.

...I could have misremembered or misunderstood, and / or they could be wrong, lol.
You could be right. I remember something similar. Maybe @Jester04 can see if anything in the logs look different.

nattypiso

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CW R-05536
You could be right. I remember something similar. Maybe @Jester04 can see if anything in the logs look different.
I could be wrong, but I swear I read some feedback somewhere from someone who said the boost threshold required to activate the valve was higher than OEM and running it on an OEM setup would cause problems.

I actually emailed RV6 yesterday since I was looking to upgrade my OEM bypass valve for my FL5 stock turbo since I’ve seen people tearing them, and was told that it’s a direct replacement, even though it’s designed for the R660. I do know that it’s fine to run this on a OEM turbo, given that you install it properly.. but he also mentioned that depending on your tune, you might have to disable a CEL via Hondata due the stiffer spring.

But since you’re running a drop in, you shouldn’t experience any CEL’s/issues anyways because you’ll be running enough boost to balance out the stiffer spring.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

At worst you might just get a code but that is it. It will work as intended as a drop in mod.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
@Jester04
I actually emailed RV6 yesterday since I was looking to upgrade my OEM bypass valve for my FL5 stock turbo since I’ve seen people tearing them, and was told that it’s a direct replacement, even though it’s designed for the R660. I do know that it’s fine to run this on a OEM turbo, given that you install it properly.. but he also mentioned that depending on your tune, you might have to disable a CEL via Hondata due the stiffer spring.

But since you’re running a drop in, you shouldn’t experience any CEL’s/issues anyways because you’ll be running enough boost to balance out the stiffer spring.
Yep. Got a code but @Jester04 took care of it.
Sponsored