• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
The straight answer is I asked Honda Corporate if they could get me a Type R before the official unviel. It was always a maybe. When it happened they allocated a specific unit for me to Brilliance Honda. They also sent them a second car to sell.

They are using the other car at Chicago Auto show to showcase the car. Their plan is to sell it and hopefully get into a bidding war and then donate anything over to our local veterans support non for profit in area. Future allocations will be MSRP only, but they dont sell out if state. That applies to local buyers only. So if you live local get on a list.

As Ayau stated I under estimated the level of distain for me buying a car for MSRP and accessories at normal prices. Im not some person who jumped on the bandwagon with Honda. I have been buying them since 1999 and ran forums like this dedicated to Honda owners back in the 2000s. I also had to eat a lot of shit and deal with problems being a Honda fan from transmission issues, horrible dealer practices, Honda corp shadow banning me over the NSX video I did when it came out.

So I dont feel bad that I got this car for MSRP. I still paid an assload to have this car. It makes me regret talking about it publically.
Lol man the redditors are so salty. Good for you for getting it at MSRP. Everyone else would've done the same in your shoes.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Thought I'd post this in here since Mark shows his love for Honda in the video and doing his best to protect his sweet Type R.
I of course follow Savagegeese and happen to also follow CAP when they dropped this video the other day.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
comments about how savagegeese received special treatment from dealer coming in 3, 2, 1...
As he should. Like he said in his video, YouTubers like him are literally selling cars for dealerships. They should get kickbacks for sure! An allotment and a promise of paying MSRP is the least they can do.

Also it’s like the old adage, it’s not what you know but who you know. Anybody that gets pissed at someone cause they know a guy are just straight up jealous is all.

I wonder how much celebrities/influencers get paid to do car commercials? Well that’s exactly what top YouTubers are at this point. I watch Throttle house for their awesome reviews and humor. I watch Matt Moran for my weekly updates and news. I watch Savagegeese for the technical side of things. You don’t get this on TV anymore outside of Top Gear. These creators are all self made and deserve all the kickbacks they get.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
The straight answer is I asked Honda Corporate if they could get me a Type R before the official unviel. It was always a maybe. When it happened they allocated a specific unit for me to Brilliance Honda. They also sent them a second car to sell.

They are using the other car at Chicago Auto show to showcase the car. Their plan is to sell it and hopefully get into a bidding war and then donate anything over to our local veterans support non for profit in area. Future allocations will be MSRP only, but they dont sell out if state. That applies to local buyers only. So if you live local get on a list.

As Ayau stated I under estimated the level of distain for me buying a car for MSRP and accessories at normal prices. Im not some person who jumped on the bandwagon with Honda. I have been buying them since 1999 and ran forums like this dedicated to Honda owners back in the 2000s. I also had to eat a lot of shit and deal with problems being a Honda fan from transmission issues, horrible dealer practices, Honda corp shadow banning me over the NSX video I did when it came out.

So I dont feel bad that I got this car for MSRP. I still paid an assload to have this car. It makes me regret talking about it publically.
Right there with ya a Honda was my first car and started the disease I was there at forum infancy too had more Hondas than I can count and a few issues along the way.
Don't worry about the haters and welcome to the MSRP club ;)

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Also not sure why people are made to feel like they need to apologize for not paying ADM’s

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Did Tedward, Topher and other Tubers get the same deal? If so, its likely msrp to them because of the free press (Tuber) coverage. “Hey, come review the car and well hook you up with msrp”. Don’t know if that in itself bothers me. What does is all the hype driven from the press (who get them for msrp) driving the ADMs up for the ordinary Joe enthusiast looking to buy. Then Tubers saying “dont pay ADM”.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
They would review the car regardless since there is demand from the public that WANTS to hear the reviews. Look at the ADM thread in this forum. It starts WAAAAAYYYYYYY before any cars rolled into the hands of journalist/influencers. They don’t create the ADM’s, demand from the public does. There were ADMs before any reviews hit YouTube.
if Honda flooded the market with Type R’s quickly there wouldn’t be ADMs like this.

They just get the extra perk of MSRP because of the JOB they do. This situation with Savageese is not unique, people across various businesses get perks. Not sure why so many people are bent out of shape about it. If you want to see the biggest perks and most unfair financial benefits just look to Washington DC and your state governments for people who get the most perks.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
They would review the car regardless since there is demand from the public that WANTS to hear the reviews.

They just get the extra perk of MSRP because of the JOB they do. This situation with Savageese is not unique, people across various businesses get perks. Not sure why so many people are bent out of shape about it. If you want to see the biggest perks and most unfair financial benefits just look to Washington DC and your state governments for people who get the most perks.
Ok, so one should not pretend otherwise and advocate purchase decisions (not buying in this case) where the pricing dynamics are partially caused by them.

If they really cared they would hold the review until the Brand decided to hold to msrp. Your example is akin to “the people wanted drugs and we were going to sell them anyway so why not - but please people, don’t do drugs”

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I edited my post during your response because as you pointed out originally you feel they are influencing the ADMs.

Obviously this is all my opinion and am engaging in a discussion so not judging, but the way I see it is from this perspective. Influencers have limited impact if any on ADM for this particular car and why I come to the conclusion is below:
1) ADM threads start before the reviews so the car enthusiast community already has the expectation of ADM due to
a) FK8’s had ADMs when they first came out
b) FK8 was very well regarded for its driving dynamics and daily use by enthusiasts so FL5 being a new gen should be better
c) the general car market was CRAZY with commodity type cars commanding ADMs
2) Before most reviews were out people already started buying the FL5 fro $20k over such as on the west coast
3) the supply to the entire North American market was only a little over 500 cars for a period of 3 months so far which is minuscule

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I edited my post during your response because as you pointed out originally you feel they are influencing the ADMs.

Obviously this is all my opinion and am engaging in a discussion so not judging, but the way I see it is from this perspective. Influencers have limited impact if any on ADM for this particular car and why I come to the conclusion is below:
1) ADM threads start before the reviews so the car enthusiast community already has the expectation of ADM due to
b) FK8 was very well regarded for its driving dynamics and daily use by enthusiasts so FL5 being a new gen should be better
2) Before most reviews were out people already started buying the FL5 fro $20k over such as on the west coast
3) the supply to the entire North American market was only a little over 500 cars for a period of 3 months so far which is minuscule
The reviews serve to reinforce them by driving hype and demand. No way around that. Which is fine. My gripe is with simultaneously taking the position that average Joe enthusiasts should not pay an ADM. You media guys/gals deserve it with the hard work you put in but do us a favor and don’t play both sides of the fiddle.

Last edited:

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR

I think this is a huge part of it. The FK8 was praised by journalists and owners for 5 years leading into the FL5. Everyone knew it was a fantastic car for what it was. The only downside was the styling that myself and a lot of people(specifically older people) couldn’t get over. The restyled body hit the mark with a lot more buyers and an older demographic of buyer who have a little more money to play with which I think in part led to increased ADM’s. Factor in the limited availability weather it’s a supply chain thing or a Honda production decision it’s been kind of a perfect storm for what’s going on with CTR ADM’s.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I think this is a huge part of it. The FK8 was praised by journalists and owners for 5 years leading into the FL5. Everyone knew it was a fantastic car for what it was. The only downside was the styling that myself and a lot of people(specifically older people) couldn’t get over. The restyled body hit the mark with a lot more buyers and an older demographic of buyer who have a little more money to play with which I think in part led to increased ADM’s. Factor in the limited availability weather it’s a supply chain thing or a Honda production decision it’s been kind of a perfect storm for what’s going on with CTR ADM’s.
Yes, its a confluence of variables including all the awards. Ive heard a couple times now only 1k per year in the US. The further out we get from launch (if volume is really that limited) the higher ADMs could go. They seem to be settling around $10k or so (for those that sell) but those usually sell first so well see if some of the $20k+ ADMs sell as we get to summer if there is still anemic volume. Anyway - dis not mean to thread jack - just had a strong opinion and value SG and all the others - their work served to not just inform but was therapeutic during a less than stellar release by Honda.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Not sure why so many people are bent out of shape about it. If you want to see the biggest perks and most unfair financial benefits just look to Washington DC and your state governments for people who get the most perks.
Lol are you serious? You don't get why people would get bent out of shape for it? I mean you can have a different opinion and disagree but still understand why its an issue. People don't like seeing the privilege of easily getting a car like this for less than what everyone else is paying for. Its that simple.

At least with Ratti Rides, when he got his GT350R Heritage Edition it wasn't a smooth process. The Ford dealership that he does films for couldn't get an allocation from Ford, he had to plead and get a petition going in order get it. Ford didn't care about him lol. It was a huge issue of going back and forth and at one point he gave up. When he eventually got it I still believe he had to pay a markup lol,. I'm sure there was some people who were salty but it didn't cause that much of an uproar.

I'd be willing to bet if that was the same case for some of the people on social media then it wouldn't have been that bad, r. Honda Pro Jason was able to secure a deal way before everyone and it was for MSRP guaranteed lol. If they got the allocation and still had to deal with ADMs nobody would really care
Sponsored

Last edited: