• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I'm sorry but the N is soo ugly and a sedan. RS3 is nice looking but a sedan and much smaller inside than the civic.
Now if Honda could make the FL5 exhaust sound like the N that would be awesome.. let's hope the TypeS will have some bangs and pops.
Sponsored

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
why would worn tires hurt the time in the dry? People used to shave tires.
Because shaved tires have the benefit of lower block height but without the consequence of thousands of heat cycles to get there.

As per the R comp or whatever supposed 'option' tire, entirely fine to test but make a completely different table for it. Take whatever the OEM is willing to supply as an option as ultimately these magazines are slaves to whatever the manufacturers provide on test. Sometimes that's the one off cream of the crop car that makes 20% hp over spec since it just hits every one of those tolerances perfectly. So never take any of these kind of comparisons too seriously.

Interesting thing I see on the FK8, the car on sport contacts is only 3 seconds slower than a car with R compounds (FK8 LE on Cup 2). Crazy the difference between the Trofeos and the P zeros
Cup 2's aren't quite R comps, there's a Cup 2 R tire as well that's an R comp. Though Cup 2's are basically the stickiest tire you can get without quite getting into R comps and contact patch. Overall it appears poorly laid out how the tires affected the times from what us non-subscribers are getting to see.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The RS3 is amazing and I would totally get it except for the fact that it is automatic 😭
yeah there’s a few cars I’d get if they had a manual. RS3, 3rd, prefer the hatch but the sedan looks great. Giulia Quadrofoglio second and Lexus IS500 would be my first choice.

I’m actually glad I have an auto in Taiwan though, cause of traffic and some crazy steep parking garages lol.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
The RS3 is amazing and I would totally get it except for the fact that it is automatic 😭
I had the first allotment at my dealership for the first RS3 and had to pass on it because of the size. When I seen the second gen I was like I’m getting it! No bueno, Canada doesn’t get it for some unknown reason to me.

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
I had the first allotment at my dealership for the first RS3 and had to pass on it because of the size. When I seen the second gen I was like I’m getting it! No bueno, Canada doesn’t get it for some unknown reason to me.
it’s because of emissions. Audi stopped bringing the 5 cylinder to Canada for the 2021 model year.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
yeah there’s a few cars I’d get if they had a manual. RS3, 3rd, prefer the hatch but the sedan looks great. Giulia Quadrofoglio second and Lexus IS500 would be my first choice.

I’m actually glad I have an auto in Taiwan though, cause of traffic and some crazy steep parking garages lol.
Even a standard Alfa Giulia rear wheel drive with a manual would be excellent daily. The handling and body motion are wonderful. A naturally aspirated 6 cylinder would elevate it even more. it drives like a early 2000’s 3-series BMW which says a bunch.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I wonder how amazing it remains with a manual. I'm sure still a blast but... The auto is the party trick isn't it? Sort of like the Golf R.

Last edited:

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I wonder how amazing it remains with a manual. I'm sure still a blast but... The auto is the party trick isn't it? Sort of like the Golf R.
True, performance would definitely suffer. But fun factor would increase :)

I already drive an automatic Audi currently. It's just too boring for me - there is truly nothing like rowing through the gearbox yourself.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
Almost 2 seconds faster than the FK8 LE and beats out the more expensive and exclusive GR Corolla Morizo.
And I'm pretty sure you'll find the Cup 2s on the FL5 are the OEM Connect version which have a treadwear rating of 240 compared to 180 for the LE so even more impressive.

Although they were able to drop the suspension to Comfort mode and no doubt keep everything else dialled up, something you couldn't do in the FK8 LE.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
FL5 results in this year's C&D Lightning Lap:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a42387050/2023-honda-civic-type-r-lightning-lap-2023/

Almost 2 seconds faster than the FK8 LE and beats out the more expensive and exclusive GR Corolla Morizo. The fact that it slaps a 382hp m240i is icing on the cake.

More or less the results we have been waiting for...screw drag times, this is a 4door track weapon. Pretty impressive all around.
A gross simplification, obviously, but 265 beats 245-width tires.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
FL5 results in this year's C&D Lightning Lap:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a42387050/2023-honda-civic-type-r-lightning-lap-2023/

Almost 2 seconds faster than the FK8 LE and beats out the more expensive and exclusive GR Corolla Morizo. The fact that it slaps a 382hp m240i is icing on the cake.

More or less the results we have been waiting for...screw drag times, this is a 4door track weapon. Pretty impressive all around.
Should be quite a bit faster on the ‘Ring then, I wonder why we don’t have a time?

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Should be quite a bit faster on the ‘Ring then, I wonder why we don’t have a time?
Agreed though we'd see something by now but who knows, we can only speculate.
I'd like a 'RIng time too but this is pretty juicy...some day, same drivers...tells us quite a bit and establishes a good baseline / pecking order.
Sponsored