• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
After the $10-20k markup, I'd be wishing they brought the A45 AMG to the US
Sponsored

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I wonder how Honda justifies this price. It was a while ago but I remember hearing/reading that the average Type R buyer made almost the exact same as the average Si buyer. The owner was simply willing to spend more per month for the Type R.

Sure there’s people who buy in cash but those are a minority. Unless the average Type R owner has changed how are they planning on selling these?
You don't think they will be able to sell these? Lol. MSRP is an absolute steal. If you don't believe me, call every dealer around you and see if you can find one that is willing to sell you one at MSRP.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
You don't think they will be able to sell these? Lol. MSRP is an absolute steal. If you don't believe me, call every dealer around you and see if you can find one that is willing to sell you one at MSRP.
I have no doubt they'll sell every last one they make, but just because dealers are marking them up doesn't mean that's the market price. We'll see in a few months whether all these dealers charging 15k over MSRP manage to actually sell the cars at that price.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I am not going to doubt that people will pay upwards of 60k out the door for this vehicle, but those are few and far between. With the cost to actually own this car rising with interest rates, ADMs, MSRP...I don't think dealers will be getting 10k+ ADMs for very long.

Edit: I just checked my bank for an auto loan for 50k with an 820 credit score and the lowest for a 72 month lease is 5.05%

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Also, the Fl5 costs $4500 more than a loaded Core GRC 😬, so for the price of an FL5 you could get a GRC plus coilovers and wheels/tires.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I have no doubt they'll sell every last one they make, but just because dealers are marking them up doesn't mean that's the market price. We'll see in a few months whether all these dealers charging 15k over MSRP manage to actually sell the cars at that price.
The original poster I quoted was talking about how MSRP was too high. That's clearly not the case - no dealer is going to have a hard time selling these at MSRP.

I also hope that after the initial hype dies down, the $10-$15k ADM market will not be sustainable. Fingers crossed!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
when golf R price was jacked up 4k , they added new dampers, new ecu/driveline integration, ventilated seats, rear climate control and torque vectoring diff.

What are we getting for the price increase?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
when golf R price was jacked up 4k , they added new dampers, new ecu/driveline integration, ventilated seats, rear climate control and torque vectoring diff.

What are we getting for the price increase?
11th gen interior is on a whole different level. Way more refined - just better in every way. The FL1 i bought feels mercedes on the inside. That feeling alone is worth the extra dough.

smc540

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru WRX
The base corolla doesn't compare at all, the one with the diffs is $40k, and is pretty comparable.

Yeah, this seriously moves the needle back toward the GRC, especially if the Honda gets marked up more.
You can buy the Core model and add the diffs for around $2k. It makes it a $37-38k car in that configuration.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
11th gen interior is on a whole different level. Way more refined - just better in every way. The FL1 i bought feels mercedes on the inside. That feeling alone is worth the extra dough.
I get that but wheres the beef? great interior for sure, its no merc. I've been in the new TLX Type S and that wasn't even close.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I get that but wheres the beef? great interior for sure, its no merc. I've been in the new TLX Type S and that wasn't even close.

The sport touring is on par with an entry level benz / bmw. To each their own. The price point sucks but it is justified. The ADMs are criminal.

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
On the MSRP side of things, I think we're getting the most allocations and Honda is making us pay for it.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'd sooner try to jump to the moon than try to understand Boosts logic on just about anything. Impossible to debate or discuss someone who cares not for facts or admits when he is incorrect... which is basically all the time.

Noramo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
And I thought I was dumb for paying 42k including a 5k ADM markup on my fully loaded FK8... This is absurd pricing. Even with CPI being 7.whatever percent yoy that's not a 7% increase or even close to that in MSRP... Honda is seriously looking like a horrid value. The new series is even slower than the FK8 too. Looks super boring. Brings nothing new or innovative to the table. Yep I'm actually kinda glad some ass hit my FK8 and totaled it so I could get into a tuned EJ207 2002 WRX for 1/5th the cost of my insurance payout.

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
It's more comparable to a fully loaded core edition of the GRC, which is just under $40k.
And while I agree that the interior on a GRC is underwhelming, you have to factor in everything else to the equation. Nobody buys a CTR only because of it's interior, lol.
The GRC is a 1.6l 3. Once the difference in engine architecture is considered, any other comparison is moot.
Sponsored